PLACEPOT strategy for WOLVERHAMPTON

I am a keen player of placepots and have had some nice returns over the years. For various courses i have different strategys on picking my selections. To give you more chance of you getting getting a return here are a few simple rules i always use: 1)Try and place your bet as late as possible - to make sure you have no non runners - if so you can quickly pick another selection if you dont like the favourite 2) Four or less runners you must include all runners ( THIS IS THE MAIN RULE ) 3) Its ok if you fancy one runner in a race but i always select two in each race unless Four or Less runners where i do all the runners. 4) NEVER tick the fav box - always use the number of your selection ....the one you think might be fav ( your fancy ) might end up 2nd fav My placepot strategy for Wolverhampton .... 2 selections per leg 4 or less runners - all runners selections picked using this formula race by race : CD winners , finishing 1st last time out , if no 1st then 2nd , no 2nd then 3rd , 4 or above goto distance winner , 1st last time out , if not 1st then 2nd and so on then move to course winners only following same and then if none of these ...1st two in betting of racing post forecast. My picks for tonights meeting : 7TH march wolverhampton leg 1 : 3 - 6 leg 2 : 3 - 4 leg 3 : 1 - 3 leg 4 : 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 leg 5 : 2 - 4 leg 6 : 1 - 3 128 x 10p placepots = STAKE ; £12.80

Re: PLACEPOT strategy for WOLVERHAMPTON TODAYS PLACEPOT Wolverhampton : 8th march 2013 BANK : £89.20 Leg 1 : AYASHA (1) HAZARD WARNING (6) Leg 2 : NOVABRIDGE (5) CINCINNATI KIT (13) Leg 3 : STORY WRITER (2) AKDAM (6) Leg 4 : FLYING POWER (2) WYBORNE (7) Leg 5 : PETROL (1) CRUSIS ABBEY (13) Leg 6 : BRUNSTON (2) JEZZA (4) 64 X 10P Placepot = £6.40

Re: PLACEPOT strategy for WOLVERHAMPTON

TODAYS PLACEPOT Wolverhampton : 8th march 2013 BANK : £89.20 Leg 1 : AYASHA (1) HAZARD WARNING (6) Leg 2 : NOVABRIDGE (5) CINCINNATI KIT (13) Leg 3 : STORY WRITER (2) AKDAM (6) Leg 4 : FLYING POWER (2) WYBORNE (7) Leg 5 : PETROL (1) CRUSIS ABBEY (13) Leg 6 : BRUNSTON (2) JEZZA (4) 64 X 10P Placepot = £6.40
TODAYS PLACEPOT RETURNED £139.90 ( winning lines 4 = 40p ) Returns : £55.96 BANK NOW : £143.16

Re: PLACEPOT strategy for WOLVERHAMPTON TODAYS PLACEPOT Wolverhampton :9th March BANK : £143.16 Leg 1 : LIGHT FROM MARS (5) SOLAR DIETY (8) Leg 2 : NAZREEF (2) GUEST OF HONOUR (8) Leg 3 : WHERES REILY (2) MASTER OF DISGUISE (6) Leg 4 : TAROOQ (2) PROFILE STAR (10) Leg 5 : BROXBOURNE (4) ADMIRAL DUQUE (6) Leg 6 : COINCIDENTAL (1) SKYTRAIN (6) 64 X 10P Placepot = £6.40

Well done Marksman, is it just Wolverhampton that you are sticking too ?
Well to be honest i do all meetings. The thing with wolverhampton - which i find more than most than any other meeting.... is previous c/d form is so important here. Its a marmite course and so its ideal for placepot backers. The ground is usually the same not like a turf track ...just sometimes a little slower but generally the same thus c/d form is true.Thats why c/d form is at the top of my list of picking a selection. Yes i can do other meetings ....is there any you wish for me to post xtc12 ?

Re: PLACEPOT strategy for WOLVERHAMPTON Well done on the winner! I can't get my head round the current bank figure of £143.16? Did you not bet £12.80 on the 1st one which was a loser and stake £6.40 on the 2nd one which returned £55.96? Surely the bank should be £36.76? Apologies if I've missed something and good luck! TQM

Re: PLACEPOT strategy for WOLVERHAMPTON You are correct The quiet man :) £12-80 on the 1st £6.40 on the 2nd = £19.20 BANK : £80.80 ( Starting bank £100 ) plus return of £55.96 = £136.76 After todays layout of £6.40 ......now the BANK : £130.36

TODAYS PLACEPOT Wolverhampton :9th March BANK : £143.16 Leg 1 : LIGHT FROM MARS (5) SOLAR DIETY (8) Leg 2 : NAZREEF (2) GUEST OF HONOUR (8) Leg 3 : WHERES REILY (2) MASTER OF DISGUISE (6) Leg 4 : TAROOQ (2) PROFILE STAR (10) Leg 5 : BROXBOURNE (4) ADMIRAL DUQUE (6) Leg 6 : COINCIDENTAL (1) SKYTRAIN (6) 64 X 10P Placepot = £6.40
TODAYS PLACEPOT PAID £67.00 ( winning lines : 1 ) Returns £6.70 BANK NOW £137.06

You are correct The quiet man :) £12-80 on the 1st £6.40 on the 2nd = £19.20 BANK : £80.80 ( Starting bank £100 ) plus return of £55.96 = £136.76 After todays layout of £6.40 ......now the BANK : £130.36
Apologies once again, I'm missing the £100 starting bank....which is mentioned where? TQM

Apologies once again, I'm missing the £100 starting bank....which is mentioned where? TQM
I read the Rules (at the the top ) for the threads in this section and it states that you should with these threads start with a £100 bank ...so i presumed everyone knew that :)

Re: PLACEPOT strategy for WOLVERHAMPTON TODAYS PLACEPOT : tuesday 12th March 2013 .. BANK : £137.06 PROFIT : £37.06 NUMBER OF PLACEPOTS SO FAR : 3 WINNING PLACEPOTS SO FAR : 2 Leg 1 : HAAB REEH (10) REGINALD CLAUDE (11) Leg 2 : AWATTAN (3) MOMA LEE (7) Leg 3 : SOMMERSTURM (2) IF I HAD HIM (3) Leg 4 : HONEY OF A KITTEN (2) SYRIAN (6) Leg 5 : DO MORE BUISENESS (5) SUPA SEEKER (6) Leg 6 : PRINCE JAMES (2) RIO COBOLA (7) 64 X 10P Placepot = £6.40

Re: PLACEPOT strategy for WOLVERHAMPTON TODAYS PLACEPOT : thursday 14th March 2013.... BANK : £130.66 PROFIT :£30.66 NUMBER OF PLACEPOTS SO FAR : 4 WINNING PLACEPOTS SO FAR : 2 Leg 1 : RISKIT FORA BIKIT (1) BOLD PREDICTION (2) SEWN UP (3) MODERN LADY (4) Leg 2 : UNLIMITED (1) BENTLEY (7) Leg 3 : AUTRISK (3) EXCELLENT PUCK (4) Leg 4 : SCOTTISH STAR (2) DAKOTA CANYON (8) Leg 5 : ALKHAN (1) REASONS UNKNOWN (3) Leg 6 : RIGHTCAR (4) SLATEY HEN (6) 128 X 10P Placepot = £12.80

• 2 weeks later...

Re: PLACEPOT strategy for WOLVERHAMPTON Interesting thread and although you decided to show WOLVES placepots due to the fact those that have CD form can do well again here which can be the CASE with Southwell. In some instance I prefer QUADPOTS at meetings were mainly the LAST 4 RACES of the quadpot are handicaps and even more so if over the JUMPSas in a lot of cases the 1st 2 races can be maiden hurdles or n/handicap races. I also go along with your view any race with 4 runners or less every 1 should be picked and last week 1 such race [4runners] the 33/1 outsider won and the returns were massive. Also one as to take a few chances as picking FAVS as 1 of your choices in every race and especial HANDICAPS as the dividens would be that low you could end up with less than your outlay. One as to remember you are not looking for the WINNER in every race an another thing worth looking at if you have a copy of the RACING POST and for each meeting you have a selections in every from the paper tipsters and if the every race one of those placed was the most mentioned by them in that race your returns would be NOTHING I do a Software thread in this section and its had plenty of PLACEPOTS and QUADPOTS over the years and some ot then in the hundreads and on 1 day 1 paid over 5000 but in that case LUCK would have been needed. If it looks a difficult meeting the more selections you have the better and you can still get 5p per line but could have 128 line perm for £6.40 and if a more 1 line or more it could still pay out more than 1 thinks for just 5 10 20 40 80p or more depending on how many lines yet gives you the chance to pick a lot more. So in my case look for meetings were the last 4 races [3 4 5 6 on the card] have plenty of runners and at least 3 are handicaps and usually pick a 2 x 3 x 3 x 3 perm at 10p and in somcases can pay more than the PLACEPOT Will look with interest and maybe do a QUADPOT now and then if the last 4 look hard races to crack T%M

Re: PLACEPOT strategy for WOLVERHAMPTON Interesting thread and although you decided to show WOLVES placepots due to the fact those that have CD form can do well again here which can be the CASE with Southwell. In some instance I prefer QUADPOTS at meetings were mainly the LAST 4 RACES of the quadpot are handicaps and even more so if over the JUMPSas in a lot of cases the 1st 2 races can be maiden hurdles or n/handicap races. I also go along with your view any race with 4 runners or less every 1 should be picked and last week 1 such race [4runners] the 33/1 outsider won and the returns were massive. Also one as to take a few chances as picking FAVS as 1 of your choices in every race and especial HANDICAPS as the dividens would be that low you could end up with less than your outlay. One as to remember you are not looking for the WINNER in every race an another thing worth looking at if you have a copy of the RACING POST and for each meeting you have a selections in every from the paper tipsters and if the every race one of those placed was the most mentioned by them in that race your returns would be NOTHING I do a Software thread in this section and its had plenty of PLACEPOTS and QUADPOTS over the years and some ot then in the hundreads and on 1 day 1 paid over 5000 but in that case LUCK would have been needed. If it looks a difficult meeting the more selections you have the better and you can still get 5p per line but could have 128 line perm for £6.40 and if a more 1 line or more it could still pay out more than 1 thinks for just 5 10 20 40 80p or more depending on how many lines yet gives you the chance to pick a lot more. So in my case look for meetings were the last 4 races [3 4 5 6 on the card] have plenty of runners and at least 3 are handicaps and usually pick a 2 x 3 x 3 x 3 perm at 10p and in somcases can pay more than the PLACEPOT Will look with interest and maybe do a QUADPOT now and then if the last 4 look hard races to crack T%M