Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 8 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] SD Galway v Longford Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Waterford United v Finn Harps (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 9 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Athlone Town v Mervue United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cobh Ramblers FC v Wexford Youths (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 I think i may have a small double on Athlone and Cobh Ramblers - Athlone will be all out to win with Roddy in dressing room especially at home in front of there own fans, Philly Gorman should score many goals against 1st Div. defences. The same can be said about Davin O Neill in Cobh, has a good scoring record in Premier Division last couple of seasons. Even though Cobh are a new club this season they have a squad that nearly all have LOI experience. 1 Pt Double @ 6.0

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 SD Galway v Longford town Longford got to play-off last year, but lost to waterford utd. this year is new era for them has they have a new sponsor, new jerseys and a new stadium name comes new dreams and ambitions as ‘De Town’ look to end a six year stint in the second tier of Irish football. SD Galway were the basement men from last season. they also change there name to Salthill Devon and they also have change the name of the ground. Salthill Devon aim this season would be avoid getting the wooden spoon again.Salthill Devon have no less than four suspensions carrying over from last season only adds to the visitors favouritism with Salthill’s star striker Enda Curran one of the four to miss out on Friday night. I think longford will be to strong for SD Galway, Tony Cousins has manage Galway utd before, do not want to be going into much history here, Galway utd and Salthill Devon formed together to formed SD Galway, Longford has fairly experienced squad with the like's of chris bennion in goal who has played for shelbourne and keith qiunn and keith Gillespie, i would be wary has it the first game of the sesason. i know the odds are not great on longford, but the might be good for someone who is looking to do accumulator. Longford win, and if you want to take a risk Longford -1.

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013

SD Galway v Longford town Longford got to play-off last year, but lost to waterford utd. this year is new era for them has they have a new sponsor, new jerseys and a new stadium name comes new dreams and ambitions as ‘De Town’ look to end a six year stint in the second tier of Irish football. SD Galway were the basement men from last season. they also change there name to Salthill Devon and they also have change the name of the ground. Salthill Devon aim this season would be avoid getting the wooden spoon again.Salthill Devon have no less than four suspensions carrying over from last season only adds to the visitors favouritism with Salthill’s star striker Enda Curran one of the four to miss out on Friday night. I think longford will be to strong for SD Galway, Tony Cousins has manage Galway utd before, do not want to be going into much history here, Galway utd and Salthill Devon formed together to formed SD Galway, Longford has fairly experienced squad with the like's of chris bennion in goal who has played for shelbourne and keith qiunn and keith Gillespie, i would be wary has it the first game of the sesason. i know the odds are not great on longford, but the might be good for someone who is looking to do accumulator. Longford win, and if you want to take a risk Longford -1.
Bet won. SD Galway 0-5 Longford town.:nana

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 Cobh ramblers v Wexford youths know very little about these two teams, cobh ramblers are back playing in the first division for the first time in four years. they have been playing in the A championship which is just below the first division. they a good manager in dave hill who has good experience of the league of ireland football,Cobh ramblers squad is going to fairly young squad with a couple of players who have league of ireland experience. fans’ favourite Davin O’Neill. New signings such as Andrew Bhandarkhar and goalkeeper Robert Birdsall have made a good start to their Ramblers’ careers., he score goals as well, they had alright pre-season. Wexford youth did not bad season last year, they finish fourth. there main aim this year would to be improve on that, they lost there top goalscorers danny furlong to cork city. it will not be easy game for either side.i found very hard to find any information about these two teams. i think wexford youths will have the more experience and might show as the game goes on. i think cobh ramblers would be luckly to get a point of this game. therefore i will be going for wexford youth win. Athlone town vs Mervue united same with this match as well found it hard to get information about either team, all i can tell you that Athlone town got new manager and his name Roddy Collins and yes his the brother steve collins the boxer, his managed couple of league of ireland club. there is supposed to be a bit trouble behind the scene nothing to do with players wages, but the way the match tomorrow is not being greatly advertised, one of the player last week said the pitch is one of the worst he has ever scene. the finish 6th last year, this year aim will be to go up, with a new manager and with couple of new players.Mervue united finish 7 place last season just place below athlone town, they have small fanbase, do notknow much about there squad. i think they would be happy with a finish same has last year, cannot real say much about them, with the manager at athlone and with the new players he got, there real buzz around athlone. if knew more about mervue, i could recommend you bet. I will be just going for a single that will be wexford youth win.

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 15 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mervue United v SD Galway (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Finn Harps v Cobh Ramblers FC (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wexford Youths v Athlone Town (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 16 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Longford Town v Waterford United (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 Mervue United v SD Galway Mervue Utd play hosts to Galway City rivals, Salthill Devon, in their first home game of the 2013 Airtricity First Division campaign and the first Galway Derby game of the season.Johnny Glynn's side kicked off their 2013 First Division campaign with a well deserved away point after a scoreless draw with Athlone Town last Saturday night. Glynn's side were the better side in the opening half and could count themselves unlucky not to be ahead at the break with Martin Conneely's header crashing back of the crossbar, but Roddy Collins new look home side came more into the game in the second period and a share of the points was a fair result on the night.The game saw four players making their Airtricity League debuts for the club new signings Joe Woods, Gary Curran and Brendan Lavelle along with the club's 17 year old striker, Ryan Manning, who has scored seven hat-tricks at youth and Under 19 level so far this season.For this week's game defender Stephen Walsh remains suspended having been sent off in the final game of last season against Salthill Devon at Fahy's Field, otherwise Glynn has a full squad to call on for Friday night's derby game.For this week's game defender Stephen Walsh remains suspended having been sent off in the final game of last season against Salthill Devon at Fahy's Field, otherwise Glynn has a full squad to call on for Friday night's derby game. Previous Derby Meetings v Salthill Devon 13.10.12 - League Mervue Utd 0-0 SD Galway Fahy's Field 10.08.12 - League SD Galway 2-1 Mervue Utd Terryland Park 22.06.12 - League Mervue Utd 1-2 SD Galway Fahy's Field 25.05.12 - FAI Cup SD Galway 0-2 Mervue Utd Terryland Park 13.04.12 - League SD Galway 2-2 Mervue Utd Terryland Park To be honest i am finding it very to find any information on SD Galway, but from reading the match report from there last match it seem to be up hill task from the word go. taking into considerate they cam up againist longford town who will be aim to go up this year, on the other hand mervue had though opening day game againist athlone town. strange things can happened in derby. i think SD Galway are going to find it hard to get from this game. i know going by past meeting the games have being thigh enuf, but just can not see past Mervue for this game i know the price is not great on them. but from the point they got at althone last week there will be abit of buzz around the squad for this game. My bets Mervue win 4/9 if you want to take risk you do them -1 which is 17/10 with paddypower,

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013

Mervue United v SD Galway Mervue Utd play hosts to Galway City rivals, Salthill Devon, in their first home game of the 2013 Airtricity First Division campaign and the first Galway Derby game of the season.Johnny Glynn's side kicked off their 2013 First Division campaign with a well deserved away point after a scoreless draw with Athlone Town last Saturday night. Glynn's side were the better side in the opening half and could count themselves unlucky not to be ahead at the break with Martin Conneely's header crashing back of the crossbar, but Roddy Collins new look home side came more into the game in the second period and a share of the points was a fair result on the night.The game saw four players making their Airtricity League debuts for the club new signings Joe Woods, Gary Curran and Brendan Lavelle along with the club's 17 year old striker, Ryan Manning, who has scored seven hat-tricks at youth and Under 19 level so far this season.For this week's game defender Stephen Walsh remains suspended having been sent off in the final game of last season against Salthill Devon at Fahy's Field, otherwise Glynn has a full squad to call on for Friday night's derby game.For this week's game defender Stephen Walsh remains suspended having been sent off in the final game of last season against Salthill Devon at Fahy's Field, otherwise Glynn has a full squad to call on for Friday night's derby game. Previous Derby Meetings v Salthill Devon 13.10.12 - League Mervue Utd 0-0 SD Galway Fahy's Field 10.08.12 - League SD Galway 2-1 Mervue Utd Terryland Park 22.06.12 - League Mervue Utd 1-2 SD Galway Fahy's Field 25.05.12 - FAI Cup SD Galway 0-2 Mervue Utd Terryland Park 13.04.12 - League SD Galway 2-2 Mervue Utd Terryland Park To be honest i am finding it very to find any information on SD Galway, but from reading the match report from there last match it seem to be up hill task from the word go. taking into considerate they cam up againist longford town who will be aim to go up this year, on the other hand mervue had though opening day game againist athlone town. strange things can happened in derby. i think SD Galway are going to find it hard to get from this game. i know going by past meeting the games have being thigh enuf, but just can not see past Mervue for this game i know the price is not great on them. but from the point they got at althone last week there will be abit of buzz around the squad for this game. My bets Mervue win 4/9 if you want to take risk you do them -1 which is 17/10 with paddypower,
bet won 2-1 to Mervue.:D

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 23 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] SD Galway v Wexford Youths (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Waterford United v Mervue United (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Athlone Town v Cobh Ramblers FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.92 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Finn Harps v Longford Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 Waterford utd v Mervue united Waterford United will be hoping the third time’s the charm when opponents Mervue United arrive on Suirside RSC this Saturday (KO 7.00pm). The Galwaymen’s third appearance in a row at the RSC sees them seeking a third win on the spin, having not registered a point in their previous six visits. The Blues suffered a surprise 4-0 drubbing in the FAI Cup last September, followed by a second defeat by the odd goal in three a month later, as Mervue rather emphatically turned the form book on its head.The visitors have also started this campaign the better of the two sides, a Galway derby victory last Friday added to a valuable point gained at Athlone Town on the opening weekend. The Blues, on the other hand, are less pleased with their opening results, if not the performances, but they got their first win of the season on Tuesday night against Cobh Ramblers in the EA Sports Cup, and manager Paul O’Brien will be looking to build a run of victories to keep his side moving up the table.O’Brien will be without the services of Peter Keegan, out long-term with a knee injury, and Michael Coady who is still recovering from a groin strain. There are no suspensions in effect. O'Brien Quotes: “I thought that we were very sluggish in the first half, but we had a chat about that in the second half and it was a different performance.” “I’m pleased to get a win under our belts after losing away to Longford. I was disappointed with the Longford game so I was delighted that this game came so fast.” “I think it’s now important that we get some momentum.” “The talent is there and we have the players to do the business so I think we need to get a few wins under our belts to get the confidence into the team.” “It could have been a more comfortable game for us but look, it’s early in the season and I’m sure that it will come right for us over the next couple of weeks.” After strongly favouring the Blues in the early meetings, the head-to-head record has swung slightly in Mervue’s favour more recently. In 2012, both sides have won two and drawn one of five encounters, with Mervue one ahead on goal difference.The RSC has ceased to be a barren spot for the Galwaymen. Held scoreless there in their first five visits, they have scored seven times in their last three.The Blues finished both of last season’s defeats with 10 men, as Paul Carey and Seamus Long both saw red. Prior to that there’s only been a further two sendings off in the other 12 games.None of Mervue United’s goalscorers from last season’s ties are still active with the club, Etanda Nkololo (3), Alan Murphy (2), Pat Hoban and Jean Biansumba all having moved on. For the Blues, David Breen and Peter Keegan are still at the RSC, though Keegan will play no part in tomorrow’s game. Head-to-Head Recent Results: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 05 Oct 12 Lge Waterford United 1 – 2 Mervue United 03 Sep 12 FAIC Waterford United 0 – 4 Mervue United 04 Aug 12 Lge Mervue United 0 – 2 Waterford United 01 Jun 12 Lge Waterford United 3 – 1 Mervue United 06 Apr 12 Lge Mervue United 0 – 0 Waterford United 21 Oct 11 Lge Waterford United 2 – 0 Mervue United 22 Jul 11 Lge Mervue United 1 – 1 Waterford United 06 May 11 Lge Waterford United 1 – 0 Mervue United Johnny Glynn's side have had reasonably good start to the new campaign adding a Galway city derby win over neighbours Salthill Devon to the point gained away to Athlone Town on the opening night of the season. Last week's 2-1 derby win was achieved courtesy of goals from captain Tom King and 16 year old Ryan Manning, who was registering his first senior goal for the club.Manning though will miss Saturday's game as he is required for the club's Youth team in their FAI Youth Cup quarter final against Edenderry Town on Sunday. Defender Stephen Walsh returns from a three game ban and will feature in the squad for the first time this season and Glynn has no injury worries ahead of Saturday's game.Mervue had never beaten Waterford in ten meetings since 2009 until last September when a 4-0 win in the FAI Cup was followed by a 2-1 league win in October, both at the RSC, which has now seen the club win the last two games between the sides.Manager Glynn on Saturday night's game "We had a difficult derby game last week, but I was happy with the result and we still have a lot of improvement in the squad. We have got off to a reasonably good start with four points from two games. Waterford will provide us with a good test this weekend as they are one of the favourites for the First Division title but we won twice down there at the end of last season so that should give us a bit of confidence heading into the game"./ Waterford utd are third from bottom with just one point , First game of the season they came up againist Finn harps and drew with them, it took finn harps got in goal in the last minutes of the game, from reading the match report finn harps sure not have got anything from the game. in there second game they came up againist high flying longford town and took the leading againist them, but end up being defeat 2-1. from reading that match report waterford should have came with three points from that. they signed vinny o sullivan who scored in this league and great league of ireland experience. they are coming mervue utd side who have four points from two games, which mean they will bit buzz around the squad and try get something out this game, waterford utd beat cobh ramblers in ea sports on the 19th march, i can see waterford winning this game as well, i know the are odds are great. but i will be going for waterford utd win.

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 29 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Athlone Town v SD Galway (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mervue United v Finn Harps (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wexford Youths v Waterford United (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 30 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cobh Ramblers FC v Longford Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 5 April 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] SD Galway v Cobh Ramblers FC (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Waterford United v Athlone Town (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Finn Harps v Wexford Youths (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 6 April 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Longford Town v Mervue United (19:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 Waterford utd v Athlone Town AthloneTown make the long journey to the RSC this Friday 5th April looking to keep their unbeaten record intact against a Waterford United side that have made an indifferent start to the season.Waterford have lost three of their four games so far securing their solitary point against Finn Harps on the opening day although last weekend they can count themselves a little unfortunate losing out 2 – 1 to a controversial last minute penalty in the derby game against Wexford Youths having played the last 20 minutes or so with 10 men after the dismissal of Seamus Long.Athlone on the other hand have drawn three of their four games so far this season including last weekends 3-3 draw at home to Salthill Devon a game they dominated for long periods of time up until Philly Gorman’s sending off.Since Waterford United returned to the FirstDivisionAthloneTown have failed to secure a win in the RSC but it has still proved to be a happy hunting ground with six of the nine meetings ending in draws.Roddy Collins will have to select his match day squad without the services of Philly Gorman who serves his automatic one match suspension for his sending off last weekend against Salthill Devon while on the injury front Noel McGee misses out with a hamstring injury suffered in the pre match warm up last week an injury that may see him miss out for at least a month. Paul O’Brien’s side will be aiming for a big performance to halt the turbulent start to the season, but they will need to be mindful of Athlone’s decent record at the RSC. Although the Blues are unbeaten against the Town in the last five seasons, the midlanders have headed home from Suirside with a point twice as often as not, and only once has there been more than a goal between them.O’Brien will have to do without the services of the suspended Seamus Long, and, in something of a mini injury crisis, full back John Frost and midfielders Francis Rockett and Ben Ryan join long-term absentee Peter Keegan on the injured list. On the plus side, left back Michael Coady looks to have recovered from a groin strain. Since returning to the First Division in 2008, Waterford have not lost to Athlone Town in 17 games. Nevertheless the RSC has been a productive ground for the Midlanders, as six of the nine meetings there have ended with a point apiece. By contrast the Blues have won five of eight at Lissywoollen.Athlone’s top scorer against Waterford is Noel McGee with four goals. Niall Scullion is the only other current Town player to have scored in the tie.United’s two top scorers in the fixture, Paul Murphy (5) and Willie John Kiely (4) have since moved on. However there are still three players in the squad on a brace each (Vinny Sullivan, David Breen and Conor Coad), and three more who have scored the one (Ben Ryan, Peter White and Peter Keegan). Head-to-Head Recent Results: 13 Oct 12 Lge Athlone Town 2 – 3 Waterford United 10 Aug 12 Lge Waterford United 0 – 0 Athlone Town 22 Jun 12 Lge Athlone Town 1 – 4 Waterford United 13 Apr 12 Lge Waterford United 1 – 1 Athlone Town 12 Aug 11 Lge Waterford United 5 – 1 Athlone Town 21 May 11 Lge Athlone Town 0 – 3 Waterford United 04 Mar 11 Lge Waterford United 0 – 0 Athlone Town 22 Oct 10 Lge Waterford United 3 – 2 Athlone Town 29 Jul 10 Lge Athlone Town 1 – 1 Waterford United 04 May 10 Lge Waterford United 0 – 0 Athlone Town This is going to be interesting game between Waterford utd v Athlone Town, Waterford utd who had bad start to season are looking to get there season back on track, they do have little little mini injury crsis, which mean they will make shift back four tonight,Athlone town who are coming four in the league just two off Finn Harps in third, on the other hand Waterford are coming second Bottom. to be honest i think Philly Gorman was going to be there main attack for tonight game he is prove goal scorer in this league, since he is missing this big help to Waterford. he also got two goals last week for them, the athlone town manager also helping his brother in training for his next fight, Rody Coliins is steve Collins brother. Waterford will want to put the past results behind them push on get three points in front of there home fans. Waterford utd who got vinny o sullivan who i think his also prove goalscorer in this league. withn Athlone not have wininng here in the last couple of seasons, i think they have great opportunity to win this game. there fore will be going with Waterford utd win 11/10 My fun bet will be Total of Goals odd or even at 4/5 all odds with paddypower.

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 SD Galway v Cobh Ramblers To be honest cannot find much information about this game Cobh Rambler have scored in every league game they have played. in the way team news i cannot find any, i know this danger betting with little or no information, but as state in pervious post that SD Galway are going this whipping boys of the league, cobh were unluckly to lose to longford last week, who are top of the league. cobh are playing some great football, with dave hill in the hot seat who has great expernice in the league. i think cobh Rambler will have to much for this SD Galway, with like Conor meade who has bagged couple already for them, also with davin o neill who prove in both divison, i would be going for a cobh Rambler win 5/4, i know the odds are not that best. My fun bet would be cobh ramblers -1 7/2 with paddypower.

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 Finn Harps v Wexford Youth Finn Harps will be hoping to extend their unbeaten start to the season when they host Shane Keegan’s Wexford Youths at Finn Park on Friday evening (kick-off 8.00pm) Peter Hutton’s Harps side have picked up eight points from their opening four league matches – winning both their home games and drawing both games on the road. Last weekend Harps came from 2-0 down to claim a share of the spoils with two second half goals from Thomas McMonagle and Kevin McHugh. The latter took his tally to four for the season with his equalising goal from the penalty spot. Ciaran Gallagher later saved a penalty to ensure Harps left Fahy’s Field with a point. “Against Mervue, I thought we started quite well but unfortunately didn’t really turn our possession into chances,” said Harps boss Peter Hutton as he reflected on the game. “I was surprised at how direct Mervue were and simply went from back to front with probing long balls over the top looking for the breaking ball, which in fairness is difficult to play against if you don’t deal with the first ball. “The pitch though was decent and I want us to play football when the conditions lend itself, but maybe the boys took me too literally and we got caught playing in the wrong areas and ultimately paid the price by gifting them two goals before halftime. “We regrouped though and realised that we were very much still in the game but needed to score first in the second half as I firmly believed that once we got one we’d get another. The players rallied and were excellent and never lost belief. Ciaran’s penalty save was also a mark of how the mentality of the team is changing, he could have felt sorry for himself in giving away the penalty but he remained focused and made a great save to help gain us a valuable point.”Hutton is quick to stress that it is very much a squad game these days, and not just about the eleven that play on any particular matchday. “The character shown by the players has been really refreshing and not just those starting games but also those on the bench and on the fringes of the first team have been tremendous and are really pushing each other on which, given human nature and the desire to want to play, says a lot for the group of players we’ve assembled here, each and everyone has been a credit so far this season.”The Harps boss was also quick to praise goalkeeper Ciaran Gallagher after his penalty save last week, but also stressed that the young keeper still has much to learn. “Ciaran has done well but he himself will also be the first to tell you he can still do better and acknowledges he still has a lot to learn. He is a great professional and takes his football seriously in the quest of continually trying to better himself and with Declan Mc Intyre at the club, who I personally believe is probably the best goalkeeping coach around, Ciaran, young Shaun Patton, Michael Lynch and Rory Kelly when he returns, will all benefit from his tutelage I’m sure. Ciaran for still one so young has gained a lot of vital experience already in his goalkeeping career and I’ve no doubt will continue to improve.” Friday’s game will be Wexford Youths’ tenth visit to Finn Park since gaining senior status in 2007. They have a decent record in Donegal, winning on four of their nine previous visits and losing just three times. Only once, in a 1-0 defeat in August 2007, have they failed to score in Ballybofey. Hutton knows that they will be difficult opponents on Friday.“This Friday’s game will be a real test as to gauge where we are at in terms of maintaining consistency. In many ways I see a lot of similarities in Wexford and ourselves. We both finished last season well and both have largely built upon the bulk of last season’s squads also. “They too like to play football but also have a physical presence throughout their team so they can mix it up too when required. I think it will be a very tight game on Friday they are coming to us on the back of two good victories especially after coming from behind to beat Waterford last week so we’ll give them due respect but will relish the challenge also.”On the team front, Ciaran Coll remains out with a cartilage tear. Sean McCarron who is likely to be out for three weeks with a tear in his calf suffered in last week’s 2-2 draw in Mervue joins him. Shaun McGowan is a doubt with a badly swollen ankle.“Both players left the game in Mervue on crutches last Friday,” said Hutton of the injuries to McCarron and McGowan. “So whilst the news isn’t great for either player it provides those other players with a window of opportunity to come in a stake a claim for a place in the team.” Last six home games against Wexford Youths 09-Apr-10 – Finn Harps 2-1 Wexford Youths (First Division) 24-Sep-10 – Finn Harps 1-1 Wexford Youths (First Division) 06-May-11 – Finn Harps 0-1 Wexford Youths (First Division) 22-Oct-11 – Finn Harps 4-1 Wexford Youths (First Division) 24-Mar-12 – Finn Harps 0-1 Wexford Youths (First Division) 21-Jul-12 – Finn Harps 3-3 Wexford Youths (First Division) It going to be long trip for wexford youth, who got hammered on the opening day of the season, but they seem to pick them self up,to be honest i think finn harps are going to very hard to beat home this season, they have good start to season, from reading the match from wexford youth v Waterford utd , wexford were luckly to get the three points, i think finn harps will have to much for this wexford youths side, i know there only two points between this side have taking in the distance that wexford youth would have travel for this game. finn harps with kevin Mchugh who i rated highly. i think finn harps will be much fresh, i will be going for a finn harps win 4/6. My fun bet would be finn harps -1 21/10 Treble Finn Harps 4/6 Cobh Ramblers 5/4 St Patricks Athletic4/5 All odds are with Paddypower

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 Longford Town v SD Galway The current league leaders will be looking to follow up on last weekend’s late derby victory at home to Athlone with three points against bottom side Salthill Devon as series two of the Airtricity League First Division kicks into gear. Tony Cousin’s side met Salthill Devon on the opening night of the 2013 season and ran out 5-0 winners at the Drom with David O’Sullivan bagging a hat-trick on his debut after Daniel Purdy had opened the scoring early on from a free-kick while seventeen-year-old Josh O’Hanlon also notched his first goal for the club on his League of Ireland debut. Despite that thumping victory over Saturday’s opponents, Tony Cousins and his coaching staff will be expecting a totally different game at City Calling Stadium this time round as Devon were missing four first team regulars through suspension for the March encounter. Going into this one, Salthill Devon boss, Tony Mannion will only have to plan without one of his troops through suspension with Jakub Tomanica missing out with the rest of his side gaining praise for their upturn in performances since that 5-0 hammering on the opening weekend. Despite sitting bottom of the table, Mannion’s side have picked up impressive draws against Athlone Town and Cobh Ramblers back to back while in recent weeks his side have narrowly lost out to Waterford United and Finn Harps by just the single goal. The fact that all of the aforementioned sides are being talked about as promotion candidates shows the fight and resilience this youthful Salthill side posses and that will make for a tough challenge for Longford Town this coming weekend. Last weekend’s late triumph for Longford Town in the midlands derby is sure to have the entire squad on a high going into the second series of games and a number of “De Town” players have commented that they fancy their chances against anyone this season and with David O’Sullivan lining up against the leakiest defence in the League of Ireland statically, you would have to fancy the First Division’s top goalscorer to create plenty of opportunities in this next league game. However, as we all know the beautiful game is not played out on paper or through statistics and Salthill Devon’s young squad will travel to the home of the league leaders without fear and perhaps dangerously for Longford, without out fear so it really is crucial the Longford Town faithful come out in their droves this coming. As said at the start of the league that this sd galway side are going to whipping team of the yet, they have yet to prove me wrong, this teams have already play eachother, and the results finish 5-0 to longford, cannot see this sd galway side getting anything out this game would be very surprise if they did, have went to see longford play twice this year was impress by them, they play some nice football,it top v bottom, i can only see resluts, i think it going to around the same score line on the opening day of the season. i will going for longford town (-2) 23/10. odds are with boylesports.

• 1 month later...

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 Longford Town travel to the home of their greatest rivals on Friday night for the third instalment of the game known in these parts as “El Clasico”. Athlone Town are of course the opposition and with Tony Cousins Longford holding the chance to go into the midseason break with at least a nine point lead should they claim victory on Friday night, rarely has there been a more important meeting between these two foes. The “Red and black” go into the game with two derby day triumphs to their credit already this season after a 2-0 win in the first round of the EA Sports Cup in Lissywoolen while late goals from Noel Haverty and David O’Sullivan helped Longford on their way to a 2-1 win at City Calling Stadium in the sides first league meeting back in April. The hosts come into this game full of confidence after taking a 3-2 win away from County Donegal last Saturday night as Roddy Collins men sent a message to their rivals with a big win against a much fancied Finn Harps. Garbhan Coughlan was the star of the show again for Athlone in Balyboffey and the Longford back four will have to be on guard throughout if they are to stop the former Limerick player from claiming another man of the match award on Friday. Alongside Coughlan is likely to be former Shelbourne forward Philly Gorman who despite finding himself fifth in the First Division scoring charts is on a bit of a goal drought at the moment. However, if there was ever a time to buck that trend it is in the “Clasico” so again the Longford centre-halfs will have to be on the top of their game. It is not only in the forward positions the “Blue and Black” have impressed this season as the Athlone defense is statistically the best in the division but they will have their work cut out if they are to stop goal machine David O’Sullivan from notching a stunning 15th league goal of the season. That figure is even more impressive when you take into account the fact O’Sullivan only set himself a target of 15 for the entire season! With a loud and colourful atmosphere expected on Friday night a cool and experienced head is key and should LTFC midfielder Keith Gillespie receive a recall after his recent suspension he could play a key role given his experience in massive games and derby’s throughout his career. This past week has been a much more settled one for Tony Cousins and his backroom staff after playing 3 games in just 7 days the previous week before. That fixture pile up showed in the later stages of Longford’s last league game against Wexford when the home side took their foot of the gas slightly which was understandable having played 120 minutes against St.Pat’s in the Leinster Senior Cup just four days before. However, with a full uninterrupted week now under the players belts they are sure to be in tip top condition both physically and mentality for what many are calling the biggest Midlands derby in years! A large attendance is expected as Athlone Town bring the curtain down on the first half of the 2013 Airtricity League when they play host to current league leaders and local rivals Longford Town in the 3rd El Classico de Midlands of the season.Last weekend Longford Town were comfortable 3-1 winners over Wexford Youths while Athlone were recording only their second victory in Finn Park in 21 years thanks to goals from James O’Brien, Mark Hughes and on loan signing Garvan Coughlan who finishes up his current loan spell after this weekends game.While 9 points separate the two sides heading into this game the gap on the field does not show that with games between the sides very tight affairs as most derbies are with matches usually decided by the odd goal.The teams have met twice already this season firstly in the EA Sports Cup where Roddy Collins put out a very young and experimental squad that were defeated 2-0 but it was a tighter contest in Series One of the league when it finished 2-1 a game where Roddy Collins could have settled for a draw late on in the game but decided to push instead for a win only for Haverty and the league top scorer O’Sullivan to score late on with Ian Sweeney scoring for Athlone.Since 2007 the teams have played 23 times in all competitions with the games producing 50 goals in total averaging at just over 2 goals per game. In league games Roddy Collins heads into this game without any suspensions or injuries and can welcome back top scorer Ian Sweeney who sat out last week’s victory in Finn Park due to an ankle ligament injury. Both teams are coming into this in pretty good form, Longford are favs for this game, Athlone are starting to get results some good results in the league, both teams are going to be giving there all,My bet for this game will be Both teams to score odds are 4/6. has said both teams are pretty even match. there mind games coming up this game already. odds are with Boylesports. have listen of this: http://www.shannonside.ie/sport/cousins-up-for-athlone-challence/

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 SD Galway v Finn Harps After last week’s reversal at the hands of Athlone Town – Harps’ second defeat in the league in as many games – boss Peter Hutton will be hoping to stop the rot and go into the mid-season break on a high.“It’s very important,” said Hutton on the need to pick up three points on Friday in Galway. “We must now give all our focus and attention to the Salthill game. It is also important that we enter the break on a positive frame of mind and so that when we return we are re-energised once more for the second half of the season.“The game against Athlone was a strange game in that I thought we were doing ok until half time without being great but to concede three goals and in the fashion we gave them away was very poor overall,” commented the Harps boss as he reflected on last Saturday’s 3-2 defeat at the hands of Roddy Collins’ Athlone Town side.“I can accept being beat by a better team on the night or someone scores from a fantastic individual strike, that’s acceptable and sometimes happens but the manner in which we lost and the nature of the goals was very disappointing. The players need to learn that to be successful consistency is key and not just in matches but also in preparation and application. “At the moment we are lacking that experience and ruthlessness to kill teams off as we’ve led the last two league games then went on to lose both. It is a steep learning curve for some of these young players but if they genuinely wish to improve then they need to learn quickly. “It was certainly a bad day at the office. The goals conceded were certainly avoidable and all emanated from our own players not dealing with various situations thus resulting in the Athlone players taking advantage of our wrong decision making and capitalizing on it. “We rarely see teams give us the same freedom and concession of chances that we did on Saturday. However prior to this game ourselves and Athlone had the best defensive records in the league so it’s not all doom and gloom as generally we have been doing fine in that area.” Prior to the Athlone game, Harps had issued two-weeks suspensions to four players for a breach of club discipline. Hutton said the players in question let him, the club and the supporters down.“I think everyone is aware that the omission of the four players was something I wish I didn’t have to make but it was done so for the betterment of the team and the club. We are trying very hard to build this club on the right foundations, it is difficult and can be frustrating at times but their actions merely strengthened my resolve to turn this club around. There is too many good people associated with this club who give of their time and energy for free and for players to then behave in such a selfish manner was wrong and sends out the wrong message to all.“Now those same players are all genuinely nice lads but I have no sympathy for them, they made a wrong choice and both them and the team has paid for it as it has been a difficult week for all concerned but that’s football, we continue to learn and move forward and hopefully the club will be stronger for it.Friday’s trip to Drom marks the half-way point in the league and Hutton feels that while the season has been reasonable so far for his side, he suggests that they must do better in the second half of the campaign if they are to challenge for promotion.“The season has been ok to date - we’ve had some very good results and some poor ones also, so that in itself tells you that we need to increase our level of consistency if we wish to sustain a serious challenge.”Ciaran Coll is out of Friday’s trip to Satlhill after suffering an ankle injury in a heavy challenge in last week’s game against Athlone. Damien McNulty and Sean McCarron are doubts while Shaun McGowan, Paul McVeigh, James Doherty and Mark Forker are again unavailable.This will be only Harps’ fifth visit to Salthill Devon and the previous four visits to the Galway side have resulted in three victories for Harps. Salthill’s only victory home or away against Harps came courtesy of a 2-0 victory at the tail end of last season in Terryland Park. Earlier this season, Thomas McMonagle’s goal was the only difference between the sides at Finn Park. Harps have won nine of the eleven games between the two sides. To Be honest i do not know much SD Galway, but state at the of season would the whipped boys of the league, i know they got some results but they still bottom of the league, i have only see them play once this there bit like stoke city, they like there long ball, well that all they seem have in the game i watch them. on other finn harps i like to get the ball down and play around with it, they just lost to athlone last by goal, that would have hurt them, i know the missing some players but they still have the squad to see off a poor sd galway side, a win tonight could put them back in the top two. i will be going for Finn harps tonight at 8/13 with boylesports, best of luck to everybody:ok

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 Cobh Ramblers v Waterford utd After midweek success in the Munster Senior Cup final, Waterford United will quickly get their focus back onto Airtricity League matters, and a return to St Coleman’s Park this Saturday (KO 7.45pm).The Blues will be looking to build on a hard-fought win over Salthill Devon at the RSC last Saturday, when they came from behind to take the lead, lost it, and then went ahead again to take all three points against a doughty opponent. It was another decent performance from a United side gradually finding the run of form that had eluded them for much of the early part of the season, and they added to that in midweek, with a confident 3-0 win over Avondale United at Turner’s Cross to lift the Munster Senior Cup for the fifteenth time.The Blues now return to the main event, as they travel to a ground they have not visited in many years, but one in which they have had much success in the past, in the League if not so often in the various Cup competitions. The Suirsiders were victorious in their last league visit in December 2002, and again in the 2005 League Cup, but were beaten by the home side in the same competition the next two seasons running. This season, Cobh might have faltered a little after a breathtaking start, having not won at home since the middle of April, but they are the division’s top home goalscorers, with almost three per game, a stat which highlights the goal threat they can carry.Waterford’s interim management team will have defender Seamus Long available after his return from suspension, and new signing in midfield Philip Drohan will be looking to add to his debut substitute appearance last weekend. Player-coach David Breen is the only injury concern, likely to miss out with a calf strain. Match Trivia: The Blues have lost only twice at Ramblers’ ground in league competition, a figure that seems suprisingly low until you consider that… …there have been a total of only 26 league meetings between the two clubs since Cobh joined the senior ranks in 1985. For most of those years United and Ramblers were in opposite divisions. Vinny Sullivan was on target for the Blues in a 3-2 win the last time the sides met in the league at St Coleman’s Park, in December 2002 (Kevin O’Brien and Daryl Murphy were the other scorers).There has been a huge crossover of players between the clubs over the years, but, of this season’s Blues squad, only David Breen and Francis Rockett are returning to an old stomping ground. Head-to-Head Recent Results: 19 Apr 13 Lge Waterford United 0 – 0 Cobh Ramblers 19 Mar 13 EA Waterford United 2 – 1 Cobh Ramblers 17 Feb 08 MSC Waterford United 2 – 2 Cobh Ramblers 08 May 07 LC Cobh Ramblers 2 – 1 Waterford United 03 Apr 06 LC Cobh Ramblers 2 – 0 Waterford United 21 Jun 05 LC Cobh Ramblers 0 – 1 Waterford United 14 Dec 02 Lge Cobh Ramblers 2 – 3 Waterford United 26 Sep 02 Lge Waterford United 2 – 0 Cobh Ramblers 04 Jul 02 FDC Waterford United 1 – 2 Cobh Ramblers Cobh are currently second last in the table but a win on Saturday would move them to within four points of their opponents who sit third bottom while a defeat would further isolate the Claret and Blues from the chasing pack behind runaway leaders, Longford Town.Rambers’ top-scorer, Conor Meade, is unavailable through suspension but manager, Dave Hill, is hopeful that some key players will return for the derby, he said: “It’s a big game at the bottom so it will be a big three points if we can get them.“We should have a few lads back as well, we should have Bobby Donoghue and James Carson back and hopefully Davin (O’Neill) will be ok.”Hill’s side have endured an injury crisis of late and he revealed that new signings will come in to supplement the current squad when the transfer window opens next month.“We’ve lost a lot of players, we’re down (Roy) Kenny this week because of exams so we’re down to the bare bones really. We’ve got a lot of really young lads coming through who are acclimatising themselves to the league and the physicality of it, so it bodes well for the years to come.“We’re in a real re-building process at the moment so when the transfer window opens in July there will be a few players coming in then.”The Ramblers are now without a win in seven league games but Hill is confident his side’s attractive style of football will start to yield the results they deserve sooner rather than later.He said: “We’ve been the most entertaining football-wise, is it getting us the results? Maybe not, but with the team we’ve got and the way we want to go it will pay dividends in the time to come.“If you look at it from outside the box, the season as a whole hasn’t been very good, we’ve scored plenty of goals but if we shore the defence up we can crack on from there. We’re only halfway through the season so it’s been pretty entertaining for the home fans anyway!“If we can put a run of three or four games together that can put us right back into the mix again. Not one team in the league that has given us a good hiding playing-wise, there were a few scorelines that were pretty poor but I think we’re playing nice, attractive, entertaining football.” I think waterford are going to be strong for cobh who are missing there top goalscorer has said this season for cobh is only a rebuilding season for them, since waterford got new manager there results have turn around bit and since winner the msc cup during the week there will be a buzz around the squad, they will want to push on put another couple points on the table, after finn harps loss last night, win here jump them in four spot. cobh place nice football. but there squad is very small. my bet for this game would be waterford utd win 10/11 with boylesports. some strange results last night, sorry to anybody who follow me. hope tonight bring more luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 Athlone Town v Mervue United Athlone Town who secured two massive wins in terms of both confidence and league position against Longford Town and Finn Harps prior to the mid season break return to league action this Friday 28th July in Athlone Town Stadium looking to make it three wins from three against a Mervue side who are 5th in the league table three places behind Athlone with only three points separating the teams. The Rod squad return to action on Friday night with a chance to reel back in Longford Town. Roddy Collins’s side are currently in second on the back of two massive wins just before the break and they will be looking to carry on from where they left off. The Town beat Finn Harps 3-2 away from home before securing a massive three points when they beat league leaders Longford Town at home. The Athlone manager has said that he plans to bring in four players and one would imagine this is also a motivational tactic for his side, forcing them to up their game rather than be replaced. Roddy will pick from a full squad on Friday night as he has no injuries or suspensions to deal with. Matches this season between the sides have proved to be very tight affairs with the corresponding tie in Series 1 ending scoreless while the Series 2 game ended 2-2 with Athlone only securing a point late on thanks to a last minute penalty awarded after Phillip Gorman was taken down in the area. Mervue United The Galway side were undoubtedly the surprise package of the First Division, threating to take a promotion spot but recently a downturn in results has seen Johnny Glynn’s side slip down the table. A trip to Athlone after a two week break could revive the Galwegians flagging promotion hopes. A 2-0 defeat against Wexford Youth’s before the break will be something that Mervue will want to put behind them. They currently lie in fifth, but a win would put them level on points with Athlone, such is the density of the First Division.Speaking ahead of the game Mervue manager Johnny Glynn said “The last time we played Athlone we were denied the win after the referee made a huge mistake in awarding them an injury time penalty which the video evidence proved. We have played them twice and drew both times and they are a decent side who are on a good run of form at the moment. It will be another big challenge for us but one the lads are looking forward too, especially after the break.”Glynn will have to plan without defender Stephen Walsh who is suspended for the game following his dismissal in Wexford but otherwise he has a full squad to choose from for the game. Match Stats Since 2009 when Mervue first entered the league the teams have played 15 times in all competitions with the games producing 33 goals in total averaging at just over 2 goals per game.In these 15 games there have only been two draws with both happening this season. I know the games have being tight before,but roddy collins have got athlone back in the driving seat with just six points behind longford, they had great win againist them before the break, i think the break came at wrong time for athlone as they start to pick some points. athlone will be looking for another win tonight, which they should get, they are playing some nice, a win tonight will put bit more pressure on longford town, i know they can not take this mervue side for granted. i think they will have to much this mervue side who have some good results, all i see in this game is athlone town win, with Phillip Gorman in a bit form, i can see him scoring tonight. my bet for tonight would be athlone town win which is evs with boylesports.

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 Waterford united v Finn Harps Finn Harps Harps went into the break on the back of a three game losing streak in the league and team boss Peter Hutton feels the break may just have come at the right time for his troops.“Given the nature of the last few performances, then yes I think the break came at the right time. Mentally I think a few of the players needed a break whilst a few had knocks or injuries that the rest will certainly have helped. The short break will, we hope, have helped in allowing the group to take stock and refocus now for the second half of the season,” said Hutton.Harps’ last outing two weeks ago came against bottom of the table Salthill Devon who recorded their first home victory of the season courtesy of a 2-1 victory.“It was a very disappointing result”, said Hutton of the defeat in Drom. “We have actually played worse and won this season but unfortunately if you don’t take your chances then you will get punished and that’s exactly what happened.“We had enough chances to win two or three games but didn’t convert them and then conceded from a penalty that set us back. We got ourselves back on track with ten minutes to go but again shot ourselves in the foot by some sloppy defending allowing them to sneak a winner in the final minutes.”The defeat in Salthill was Harps’ third in a row in the league with losses in Wexford (2-1) and at home to Athlone Town (3-2) preceding the game in Galway. In the Wexford and Athlone games, Harps actually took the lead (twice against Athlone) but still ended up losing, while the game in Salthill saw Harps fight back to level but still lost the game. Prior to that, Harps had only lost twice all season.“The 3 games we’ve lost have been difficult to stomach as we have been the architects of our own downfall,” said Hutton. “Those games in question it has been our own decision making or lack of making the right decisions in certain situations has cost us, not the quality of the opposition, so in that regard it has been very frustrating. To have led in two of the games then get nothing from it has been difficult but we need to learn and quickly.”Another difficult game awaits on Friday night against a Waterford side who have already beaten Harps at Finn Park this season.“Waterford are starting to build a bit of momentum and the players are basically playing for the careers with the arrival of a new manager imminent,” said Hutton of Friday’s trip to the south-east.“They have improved of late and have already made three new signings with more to come so they are going to prove a difficult opponent no doubt.”Harps have a decent record at the RSC in recent seasons and are unbeaten in their last four trips to Waterford. The opening day meeting of the two sides at the same venue finished in a 1-1 draw, with Sean McCarron grabbing a last minute equaliser for Harps.Tommy Bonner will sit out Friday’s game through suspension, while Gary Merritt is only returning to full health after a bout of flu. Ciaran Coll remains on the injured list with an ankle injury picked up in the game with Athlone Town. TEAM NEWS Suspended: Tommy Bonner. Doubtful: Gary Merritt. Injured: Ciaran Coll (ankle). Form Guide (last six league games) Finn Harps: D-W-W-L-L-L (7 pts) Waterford United: D-L-L-W-W-W (10 pts) Last six away games against Waterford United 09-Oct-10 - Waterford United 3-1 Finn Harps (First Division) 25-Mar-11 - Waterford United 1-0 Finn Harps (First Division) 09-Sep-11 - Waterford United 0-0 Finn Harps (First Division) 31-Mar-12 - Waterford United 0-2 Finn Harps (First Division) 27-Jul-12 - Waterford United 1-1 Finn Harps (First Division) 08-Mar-13 - Waterford United 1-1 Finn Harps (First Division) Finn Harps Goalscorers 2013 Sean McCarron – 8 (1 in FAI Cup) Kevin McHugh – 6 Thomas McMonagle – 2 Michael Funston - 2 Keith Cowan – 2 (1 in FAI Cup) Thomas McBride – 1 (in League Cup) Matt Harkin – 1 (in League Cup) James Doherty – 1 (in League Cup) Marc Brolly – 1 (in League Cup) Aaron O’Hagan – 1 (in League Cup) Waterford united Waterford United return to league action after the mid-season interval as Finn Harps arrive to kick-off the third round of games at the RSC this Friday (KO 7.45pm).The Blues will be looking tio build on a run of good form which has seen them win their last three league games (and also the Munster Senior Cup final) to close the gap to the top of the table. Though still in fourth spot, the Suirsiders now sit just two behind second-placed Athlone Town, and even the yawning gap to league leaders Longford no longer looks so daunting.A good result at home against the Donegal men is easier said than done however. Harps may not have been in the best of form going into the break, but they have a very good record at the RSC in recent seasons, and are unbeaten at the Cork Road ground under Peter Hutton. United will need to be at their best to take points from the game.The management team will have to plan without the services of striker Daragh Walshe who is suspended after his sending-off at Cobh, and new loan signing Paddy Barrett will not be eligible until the next match at Longford. And with the squad all rested and relaxed there are no major injuries to report. Suspensions: Daragh Walshe – 1 match (red card automatic) Injuries: none Top Scorers (League): 5 – Ben Ryan 4 – Paudie Quinn 3 – Vinny Sullivan 1 – David Breen 1 – Michael Coady 1 – Paul Quilty Well this game is tale of two side with one side in form and the other not very good form. the games between these side have being tightbefore and would expect the same tonight, waterford are coming in this on the back some goodperformance. finn harps have being give goals way late, you could link this cork city as well, because cork city had the same problem.. with the points up for grab, but side will not be looking to concede early in the game, well from view i think the most likely result would be draw, but thinking again waterford are in a bit form, as above the break came at the wrong time for them as well, my other will be both teams to score, i know i am going againist what said, i know it was only week off, but some of the players can be bit rusted. Boylesports. Draw 23/10 Both teams to score yes 8/11

Re: Ireland > League of Ireland 1st Division > 2013 SD Galway v Longford Town League leaders Longford Town will be expected to get back to winning ways following the mid-season break in the Airtricity League when they take on the First Divisions bottom side Salthill Devon at the Drom on Friday.Former Galway United manager Tony Cousins saw his Town side crash to a derby day defeat in the final game before the break away to arch rivals Athlone Town, who in the process of their 2-0 win cut the gap at the top to just six points making a quick recovery from that defeat vital to Longford Town title hopes this season.The Midlanders go into the game with two wins to their name already this season against Devon but Cousins men will have to be weary of the fact it took a 93rd minute winner from David O’Sullivan to settle proceedings in the sides last meeting at City Calling Stadium back at the end of April.Despite the loss to Athlone a fortnight ago Longford Town have only loss three games all season with two of those coming home and away to Finn Harps so supporters of the “Red and black” will be delighted with their position to date.As for the hosts they once again sit bottom of Irish football's second tier where they have finished every season since entering the League of Ireland in 2010. However, the Galway men have seen an upturn in their recent form with 2 wins from 3 league games coming before the break to leave them just two points behind new boys Cobh Ramblers who currently sit 7th.Striker Enda Curran has been Devon’s shining light once again this season and a hugely impressive performance at nearby Eamon Deacy Park in the FAI Ford Cup against Shamrock Rovers just a few weeks ago has put Curran on a number of clubs radars but he will miss Friday’s game through suspension which is good news for “De Town” back four as they are missing their usual centre-back pairing of McCarthy and McDonagh through suspension also.All eyes will once again be on First Division top goalscorer David O’Sullivan this weekend after he was shut out of the “Clasico” by a robust Athlone Town defence. “Sully” introduced himself to the League of Ireland in grand fashion at the Drom on the opening day of the season with a superbly taken hat-trick as LTFC sunk Salthill Devon 5-0 to lay down an early marker to their 2013 promotion rivals.The odds of a similar scoreline this time round are unlikely with Tony Mannions side a much more organised outfit from the one that lined out on the opening day of the season but with a tough home tie against long time rivals Waterford United next on the cards for Longford prior to gruelling trips to Finn Park and St.Colmans Park it is important that “De Town” get back to business on Friday night. League leaders Longford Town will be expected to get back to winning ways following the mid-season break in the Airtricity League when they take on the First Divisions bottom side Salthill Devon at the Drom on Friday. Former Galway United manager Tony Cousins saw his Town side crash to a derby day defeat in the final game before the break away to arch rivals Athlone Town, who in the process of their 2-0 win cut the gap at the top to just six points making a quick recovery from that defeat vital to Longford Town title hopes this season. The Midlanders go into the game with two wins to their name already this season against Devon but Cousins men will have to be weary of the fact it took a 93rd minute winner from David O’Sullivan to settle proceedings in the sides last meeting at City Calling Stadium back at the end of April. Despite the loss to Athlone a fortnight ago Longford Town have only loss three games all season with two of those coming home and away to Finn Harps so supporters of the “Red and black” will be delighted with their position to date. As for the hosts they once again sit bottom of Irish football's second tier where they have finished every season since entering the League of Ireland in 2010. However, the Galway men have seen an upturn in their recent form with 2 wins from 3 league games coming before the break to leave them just two points behind new boys Cobh Ramblers who currently sit 7th. Striker Enda Curran has been Devon’s shining light once again this season and a hugely impressive performance at nearby Eamon Deacy Park in the FAI Ford Cup against Shamrock Rovers just a few weeks ago has put Curran on a number of clubs radars but he will miss Friday’s game through suspension which is good news for “De Town” back four as they are missing their usual centre-back pairing of McCarthy and McDonagh through suspension also. All eyes will once again be on First Division top goalscorer David O’Sullivan this weekend after he was shut out of the “Clasico” by a robust Athlone Town defence. “Sully” introduced himself to the League of Ireland in grand fashion at the Drom on the opening day of the season with a superbly taken hat-trick as LTFC sunk Salthill Devon 5-0 to lay down an early marker to their 2013 promotion rivals. The odds of a similar scoreline this time round are unlikely with Tony Mannions side a much more organised outfit from the one that lined out on the opening day of the season but with a tough home tie against long time rivals Waterford United next on the cards for Longford prior to gruelling trips to Finn Park and St.Colmans Park it is important that “De Town” get back to business on Friday night. - See more at: http://ltfc.ie/index.php/salthill-devon-v-longford-town-preview/#sthash.udLmhjtw.dpuf As said before can not find out much about SD galway as said before they are whipping boys of the league. as i Quote at the start of season, fair enuf they only got beat 1-0 last time and it took until the 93 min. but cannot see longford losing this game, i think they will to much for galway who are missing one of there best players, they like to played long and mean a lot, on the other hand longford like to get ball down and play with, longford will want to win here to keep the pressure off them from the chasing pack, loss to athlone will have hurt them , but they will want to prove a point here and another 3 points, with davy sullivan in there side the top goalscorer in the league, sure it out to prove point as well after being kept by athlone, to be honest can see SD galway get anything out this game. my tonight will be Longford town win at 4/11 with boylepsorts. if feel like taking a risk you take them on handicap (-1) which is evs.