** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

GOOD Ground Anticipated For Opening Day of Cheltenham.

Primevil

Re: GOOD Ground Anticipated For Opening Day of Cheltenham. just took this from racing post Cheltenham unlikely to water before festival CHELTENHAM clerk of the course Simon Claisse on Tuesday cast doubt on the likelihood of having to water before the festival after a revised weather forecast predicted rain in the lead-up to the meeting. Claisse said the rate the track was drying out had slowed and that the going remained a mix of soft and good to soft on the Old, New and Cross Country course. "I had an update yesterday from John Kettley, who is suggesting that from Thursday of next week until the beginning of the festival there will be rain," he said. "His range was between 12 and 15mm, more on the Saturday, Sunday and Monday than on the Thursday and Friday. It's still a long way out to be certain, but on the basis of that forecast I could confidently rule out watering."

Re: GOOD Ground Anticipated For Opening Day of Cheltenham. That is obviously sensible, as the forcast i was looking at was certainly no rain till thursday, however I would think it will be good all around by then due to the High Pressure we are under, most days until next thursday hitting a high of between 50-55 in sunshine. I very much think it will be good/soft on the first day, regardless.

Re: GOOD Ground Anticipated For Opening Day of Cheltenham. IT COULD NOW BE FROSTY ON TUESDAY AND TEMPS COULD BE -5 THE NIGHT BEFORE AND THE COVERS MAYBE STAYING ON TILL TUESDAY MORNING THIS CAME OVER THE BOOKIES RADIO THIS AFTERNOON SO LETS HOPE THE COVERS DO THE TRICK IF THE FORCAST IS CORRECT. T%M

Re: GOOD Ground Anticipated For Opening Day of Cheltenham. The rain will not fall again until at least thursday, when the temp starts to rise again, However more than was anticipated in the rain fall over the last 72 hours..Put the ground as Soft, but without a doubt will be stickey,,,due to the covers going on tonight and tomorrow night...a low of -4 at worst, rising to +1 at best Monday. On monday night the worst it will go to is -4...But rising on tuesday to +4...Wrap up well if your going Tuesday, maybe some sunshine Tuesday. Tuesday again will fall to -4 low over night, but Temp is slightly better on Wednesday rising to +6..But again wed night thu morning will fall below freezing.

Re: GOOD Ground Anticipated For Opening Day of Cheltenham. i would have loved the ground we had last week but so be it, will feel more like Kempton Boxing day weather than spring at Cheltenham but we have to take what we get. I remember moons ago the sight of snow on the track a few times in the last 25 years.