BBOTD Knockout Competition ~ New Format for March

Ok guys, as you know we have been struggling with the BBOTD knockout format for sometime with too many of the top 16 qualifiers either not turning up or forgetting to post which has left us a few blanks in the 1st round. To counter this i have ran with the idea of reserves replacing those who didn't show which was ok in theory but has left us with the situation of players not knowing who they had played until the tie was over which looking back is not very satisfactory in a so called head to head battle of wits. I have decided as from next month to adopt the format that i have used successfully in the DHRC for a few years now, this is whereby the highest qualifiers progress to a later knockout stage. It will work as follows; I wanted to keep the top 16 places as a target as i think this does give members something to aim for if they feel they are out of contention for the top honours in that month. So anyone who finishes inside the top 16 and has had ten bets that month will automatically be invited to post in the first week of the monthly knockout competition, usually the first saturday of the month. The top eight highest scorers during that first week will qualify for a knockout competition to take place on the following three saturdays as normal. By doing it this way it doesn't matter how many of the top 16 actually post in the first week of the KO, as long as we have 8 active players it will work and up until now we have had at least a dozen each month. It wont wind me up either (lol). I figure that if the qualified players have bothered to show up in week one then they will follow it through for the rest of the comp. In summary; Top 16 finishers qualify for the 1st round All 16 post individual selections, 8 highest scores progress. Last 8 seeded in order of qualifying score in head to head matches Semi Finals and Final as normal. All ties to take place on consecutive Saturdays. Thanks for your support guys, lets give this a whirl and see how we get on:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.