** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Setanta Cup 2013

McNasara

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 11 February 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Glentoran (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.95 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cork City FC v Cliftonville (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Drogheda United v Portadown (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shamrock Rovers v Coleraine (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 The 12 clubs that will participate in the 2013 Setanta Sports Cup are now confirmed and the draw will take place on Thursday, December 6, in Stormont. The seeded clubs will be Sligo Rovers, Linfield, Derry City and the defending champions Crusaders. The unseeded clubs are Cliftonville, Drogheda United, Glentoran, St Patrick’s Athletic, Portadown, Shamrock Rovers, Coleraine and Cork City. Round One will take place in February with the first leg on Monday, February 11, 2013, and the second leg on Monday, February 18. The second leg date is subject to Irish Cup replays and the reserve date will be Tuesday, February 26. The Quarter Finals are fixed for March with the first leg on Monday, March 4 and the second leg on Monday, March 11. Again the second leg date is subject to Irish Cup replays and the reserve date will be Tuesday, March 19. The semi-finals will be played in April with the first leg on Tuesday, April 16 and the second leg on Monday, April 22 with the final scheduled for Saturday, May 11.

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 MaierhofersNeck shoot, if you're ready, mate ;) I'm on "a ski holiday" yet, and anyway I'm not a big fan of this competition. I can only say briefly: Pats and Shams changed a lot their team (the Hoops brought in a new coach - ex Pats assistant coach), so I simply can't fancies their odds in their first official match this year. Cork play against the leader - coming in a weakened squad. Portadown also have problems with absences in defense, so Drogs should have been closer to victory.

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 Portadown’s Brian Gartland and Chris Casement will miss Monday’s Setanta Cup game against Drogheda United at Honky Dorys Park. Both players hobbled out of their team’s 1-0 Irish Cup win over Ards at the weekend. “They picked up hamstring injuries, which is hardly surprising considering the state of our pitch at Shamrock Park, it has taken a battering,” said Ports boss Ronnie McFall. “Gary Twigg also suffered a little hamstring strain. We’ll assess him nearer kick off time. “Gartland and Casement have been big players for us this season, so it’s a blow losing them.” It was Casement who grabbed the winner against an impressive Ards side, who top the Championship 1 table. “It was important we got a result,” added McFall. “Tim Mouncey and Kevin Braniff had been carrying knocks going into the game. “We’ll now look at our options for the Drogheda match. We don’t know much about them as their season is just about to kick off. “They finished second in the league last season, four points behind Sligo Rovers. We’ll have to battle to get something. To be honest, I think our lads would prefer to play away from home due to the state of our pitch at present.” drogeda will win.

Re: Setanta Cup 2013

MaierhofersNeck shoot, if you're ready, mate ;) I'm on "a ski holiday" yet, and anyway I'm not a big fan of this competition. I can only say briefly: Pats and Shams changed a lot their team (the Hoops brought in a new coach - ex Pats assistant coach), so I simply can't fancies their odds in their first official match this year. Cork play against the leader - coming in a weakened squad. Portadown also have problems with absences in defense, so Drogs should have been closer to victory.
Only two regulars for Cliftonville, I must try the Rebel Army win and excellent value at my local bookie... Cork City @2.60 low stake

I'm on "a ski holiday" yet, and anyway I'm not a big fan of this competition. I can only say briefly: Pats and Shams changed a lot their team (the Hoops brought in a new coach - ex Pats assistant coach), so I simply can't fancies their odds in their first official match this year. Cork play against the leader - coming in a weakened squad. Portadown also have problems with absences in defense, so Drogs should have been closer to victory.
St Patrick 0:0 Glentoran Shamrock Rovers 0:1 Coleraine Drogheda United 3:2 Portadown
Only two regulars for Cliftonville, I must try the Rebel Army win and excellent value at my local bookie... Cork City @2.60 low stake
Cork City 4:0 Cliftonville :cigar:cigar

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]2nd leg, first round Monday 18 February 2013 [/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cliftonville v Cork City FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Coleraine v Shamrock Rovers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glentoran v St. Patrick's Athletic (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Portadown v Drogheda United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 Coleraine vs Shamrock Rovers Shamrock was the best LoI away team in the last season. Also in this competition, performed better away than at home. Coleraine achieved the first win in this competition, 1:0 at Tallaght a week ago. High morale in the team is because of two wins against neighbors Ballymena in seven days. Both teams have no important absences, but keep in mind that home team played three games in seven days, with almost the same players. So fitness can be a problem for them, but on the other hand the Hoops should look much more compacted because the closer the start of their league. The six 'new' faces who started against Coleraine last week are technically old boys as all six (Murphy, McGuinness, O'Connor, Quigley, Sheppard and Chambers) have previously had spells with the Hoops. Shamrock was the better team despite defeat in the the first leg, now I expect them to show an even better match. early suggestion - Shamrock Rovers (with handicap)

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 Cliftonville vs Cork City I've already written that Cork play much better in front of their fans, and that Cliftonville played with the reserve team in the first leg (4:0 for the Rebel Army). Now the situation is quite different - The City boss Tommy Dunne can't count on three regulars (D. Murray, Dunleavy and Healy, with some other players) and on the other hand, I expect that C'ville coach Tommy Breslin put the strongest lineup tonight. They haven't played the previous weekend and have incredible series of 17 consecutive wins at Solitude (artificial pitch). early suggestion - Cliftonville (with handicap)

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 Portadown vs Drogheda United Portadown got a solid result in the neighborhood (80 km) in the first leg, 2:3 in a thrilling game. However, they are not in good shape and have only one win in eleven Setanta games at home. Their coach Ronnie McFall will be without several regulars (defenders O’Hara, Gartland, Casement and striker Twigg are out). Another regular defender Breen is likely to miss tonight's game. On the other side, Drogs didn't lost in the last twelve Setanta matches away from home. Mick Cooke also has problems with defenders as McNally, Gannon and Quigley are out. early suggestion - over or Drogs Glentoran vs St Patricks Athletic The Saints were better team in the goalless at Richmond Park. On the plus side for the Dublin club the fact that no away goal was conceeded in the first leg, Pats will feel that they hold the slight advantage going into the game. However they will be without several regulars (Browne, Russell and J. Kelly), midfielder Bolger is back. Home team may be tired after the Big Belfast derby (1:1 against Linfield) on Saturday. no bet

Coleraine vs Shamrock Rovers Shamrock was the best LoI away team in the last season. Also in this competition, performed better away than at home. Coleraine achieved the first win in this competition, 1:0 at Tallaght a week ago. High morale in the team is because of two wins against neighbors Ballymena in seven days. Both teams have no important absences, but keep in mind that home team played three games in seven days, with almost the same players. So fitness can be a problem for them, but on the other hand the Hoops should look much more compacted because the closer the start of their league. The six 'new' faces who started against Coleraine last week are technically old boys as all six (Murphy, McGuinness, O'Connor, Quigley, Sheppard and Chambers) have previously had spells with the Hoops. Shamrock was the better team despite defeat in the the first leg, now I expect them to show an even better match. early suggestion - Shamrock Rovers (with handicap)
I didn't see the starting line-up, I've no more time - but take the Hoops. Shamrock Rovers @2.05 low stake

Cliftonville vs Cork City I've already written that Cork play much better in front of their fans, and that Cliftonville played with the reserve team in the first leg (4:0 for the Rebel Army). Now the situation is quite different - The City boss Tommy Dunne can't count on three regulars (D. Murray, Dunleavy and Healy, with some other players) and on the other hand, I expect that C'ville coach Tommy Breslin put the strongest lineup tonight. They haven't played the previous weekend and have incredible series of 17 consecutive wins at Solitude (artificial pitch). early suggestion - Cliftonville (with handicap)
Strong home team, I must try two bets... Cliftonville @2.30 low stake Cliftonville (ht) @3.05 low stake

Portadown vs Drogheda United Portadown got a solid result in the neighborhood (80 km) in the first leg, 2:3 in a thrilling game. However, they are not in good shape and have only one win in eleven Setanta games at home. Their coach Ronnie McFall will be without several regulars (defenders O’Hara, Gartland, Casement and striker Twigg are out). Another regular defender Breen is likely to miss tonight's game. On the other side, Drogs didn't lost in the last twelve Setanta matches away from home. Mick Cooke also has problems with defenders as McNally, Gannon and Quigley are out. early suggestion - over or Drogs
However, more confidence in Drogs than in goals, maybe I'm wrong, but much better odds at my local... Drogheda Utd @2.75 low stake

Glentoran vs St Patricks Athletic The Saints were better team in the goalless at Richmond Park. On the plus side for the Dublin club the fact that no away goal was conceeded in the first leg, Pats will feel that they hold the slight advantage going into the game. However they will be without several regulars (Browne, Russell and J. Kelly), midfielder Bolger is back. Home team may be tired after the Big Belfast derby (1:1 against Linfield) on Saturday. no bet
Though Glentoran without several regulars so I took part and in this match. Pats @2.15 low stake GL to all ;)

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 Cork City vs Crusaders This is only game tonight because of the rescheduling of City’s opening Airtricity League Premier Division game against Limerick in Thomond Park on 10th March. The second leg will be played, along with the first legs of the other quarter-finals on 4th March. The Leesiders eliminated the leaders of Northern Ireland, C'ville 6:2 on aggregate in the previous round. The next opponent is equally difficult, runner-up in the league and last year's winner of the tournament - Crusaders. Cork's midfielder Spillane is suspended (defender Dunleavy is still injured), but the guests have much more absences: Coates, Adamson, Rainey, Morrow, McBride and Caddell are all serving a one match suspension - four of them are regulars, these missings scored 23 goals this season and 6 of 7 goals in the Setanta Cup last season for Crues. Cork City have played against Northern Irish opposition ten times in Turner’s Cross in the Setanta Sports Cup. After losing the first of these games, the Rebel Army went on to win the next nine (9-0-1, 24:5). Only advantage for Crusaders is that they are better prepared because their season is near the end, and on the other hand LoI just starting in 10 days. But their mood is not good after Saturday's draw against one of the worst teams in their league (1:1 at home). I believe that home team can win once again in front of their fans and since they are very good offensively in the previous matches (6 goals vs C'ville in two games, 6 goals vs Longford) combined with the fact that Crusaders played over 2,5 goals in the last five away matches - get two bets for me. Repeat once again that I'm taking this, only because of the great values ​​at my local. Cork @2.20 low stake Cork & over 2,5 @3.70 low stake

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 Cork City take on Crusaders tonight in the first quarter final of the Setanta Cup. Cork progressed through the first round of the Setanta Cup by demolishing Cliftonville 6-2 on aggregate, having won 4-0 at home, and as a result I believe the bookies are over-estimating Cork tonight. Cliftonville traveled to Cork with a very young and inexperienced team in that tie, and were punished as a result. Crusaders, as holders of the competition will not be making the same mistake. Both teams are missing some important players tonight. Cork are missing their young, talented right back/midfielder John Dunleavy, while Kalen Spillane's red card in the second leg against Cliftonville means he is suspended for tonight's game too. Crusaders have a whole host of suspended players, from last year's competition. Tonight they are missing: Colin Coates, Timmy Adamson, Davis Rainey, Chris Morrow, Declan Caddell and Stephen McBride. Most of these are first team players and therefore they are weakened as a result of all these suspensions. However, I still believe this Crusaders team have enough strength in depth to cover for these players tonight, and due to their superior fitness, I believe they can travel to Cork this evening and play for a draw to keep the tie alive. It'll be difficult for Crusaders, given they have all these absences and also given that Cork will be full of confidence after defeating Cliftonville who are first in the Northern Irish Premiership. However, Crusaders will be defending their Setanta Cup crown and so they can plan for a draw tonight. A small stakes bet should be taken given the odds available on the +1AH for Crusaders. My pick: Crusaders +1AH @ 1.724 odds with Pinnacle (1 unit)

Cork City vs Crusaders This is only game tonight because of the rescheduling of City’s opening Airtricity League Premier Division game against Limerick in Thomond Park on 10th March. The second leg will be played, along with the first legs of the other quarter-finals on 4th March. The Leesiders eliminated the leaders of Northern Ireland, C'ville 6:2 on aggregate in the previous round. The next opponent is equally difficult, runner-up in the league and last year's winner of the tournament - Crusaders. Cork's midfielder Spillane is suspended (defender Dunleavy is still injured), but the guests have much more absences: Coates, Adamson, Rainey, Morrow, McBride and Caddell are all serving a one match suspension - four of them are regulars, these missings scored 23 goals this season and 6 of 7 goals in the Setanta Cup last season for Crues. Cork City have played against Northern Irish opposition ten times in Turner’s Cross in the Setanta Sports Cup. After losing the first of these games, the Rebel Army went on to win the next nine (9-0-1, 24:5). Only advantage for Crusaders is that they are better prepared because their season is near the end, and on the other hand LoI just starting in 10 days. But their mood is not good after Saturday's draw against one of the worst teams in their league (1:1 at home). I believe that home team can win once again in front of their fans and since they are very good offensively in the previous matches (6 goals vs C'ville in two games, 6 goals vs Longford) combined with the fact that Crusaders played over 2,5 goals in the last five away matches - get two bets for me. Repeat once again that I'm taking this, only because of the great values ​​at my local. Cork @2.20 low stake Cork & over 2,5 @3.70 low stake
1:0 :ok

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 Crusaders FC -v- Cork City FC Cork travel up north to Belfast tomorrow evening to face Crusaders with a delicate 1-0 aggregate lead from the first leg. Having kept a clean sheet at home and taken a 1 goal advantage into this tie, Cork will be confident they can get a result to put them through to the semi-finals of the Setanta Cup. However, Cork have a lot of players missing tomorrow. Kalen Spillane is suspended, Dan Murray cannot play due to other committments, while Brian Lenihan, Colin Healy and John Dunleavy are all missing as well. This all means that Cork are quite weak in defence and midfield options, which is not the situation they want to be in, going into a tough away fixture with Crusaders. Crusaders are missing Gareth McKeown who injured himself in the first leg, and Stephen McBride. However, they welcome back six players who were suspended for the first leg, and therefore will be at almost full strength for this tie. Furthermore, although Crusasders did have an important cup match on Saturday, it should be noted that Cork City played a game on Friday night too against Waterford United. Both teams did rest players, but it would be wrong to suggest that the Cork players are more rested for this tie than Crusaders. They only faced each other last week, and both have had a fixture in between as well. Crusaders are the fitter team as a result of being midway through their season, and with less selection problems to worry about than Cork, with Cork having to make a long journey north to Belfast, and with it being the home tie for Crusaders, I would consider them the favourites for the tie tomorrow night. However the bookies almost have it evens for either team, and so there is value available. Therefore a Crusaders +0AH low stakes pick is well worth a nibble. My pick: Crusaders +0AH @ 1.93 odds with Sbobet (1 unit)

Re: Setanta Cup 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 11 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Drogheda United v Derry City (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.47 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glentoran v Sligo Rovers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.69 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Linfield v Shamrock Rovers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.12 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]