** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Porto V Malaga > Tuesday 19th February

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Porto V Malaga > Tuesday 19th February 4pts Both teams to score 11/10 Ladbrokes This is clearly a different Malaga side to the one which qualified for the Champions League but it doesn’t appear to have done them any harm and I think they’ll be competitive in this tie. Porto are flying at the minute and should be confident themselves so I think we’ll see a good, attacking tie here. With goal threats on both sides I think the odds against on both teams scoring looks a good thing in this first leg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/porto-vs-malaga-betting-both-teams-can-score-in-the-first-leg-at-the-dragao-stadium

Re: Porto V Malaga > Tuesday 19th February Porto home win looks very likely here, Malaga are a good team just not in the porto class, Porto are a very strong outfit at home and rarely lose,With the likes of Moutinho,JAckson Martinez,James rodriguez etc in there attacking power ,Its hard to see Malaga not conceding a few goals here,PLus porto are very strong defensively This screams home win forme

Re: Porto V Malaga > Tuesday 19th February PORTO - MALAGA Porto to win by 1 goal margin @ 3,4 Bet365 The two best defenses of Spain and Portugal face each other in this first leg. Porto is a very solid team in do Dragao having played 14 games at home in all competitions this season. Out of this 14, besides the 13 victories, it's worth mentioning the impressive number of 11 clean sheets. Team plays in 4x3x3 for many years now but this season it's curious to note that both wingers tend to look for interior spaces leaving the depth and the break-throughs to the offensive left and right backs. In fact, Danilo and Alex Sandro are the main generators of offensive plays through the wings while the wingers tend to change positions with striker Jackson and midfielders Lucho and Moutinho in an effort to create superiority on the center of he field and thus more spaces in the wings for the arrival of the full backs. Porto tries always to control the game by high percentages of ball possession and one of the main characteristics is a very good defensive transition. As soon as Porto looses the ball there is immediately a whole team effort to recover it by pressing the opponents and not giving time for them to think and breathe. It is not unusual to see the defensive line very high in the field even when not in possession. It's also noticeable that the midfielders are very aggressive and sometimes start their pressure line right outside the opponents box. For tomorrow apart from midfielder Defour, injured for a couple of weeks now, there aren't any important missings. James Rodriguez will probably start from the bench as he doesn't have yet the rhythm to play since the beginning but he, along with Atsu, would be two powerful weapons to use on the second half. In fact, this is the biggest upgrade I see in the team from last month: the increased amount of offensive options with the winter signing of Izmaylov and the return from James (injured) and Atsu (African Cup). Probable starting XI for tonight: Helton - Danilo, Manga, Otamendi, Alex Sandro - Fernando, Moutinho, Lucho – Izmaylov, Varela, Jackson. As of Malaga, if we look at the stats they are the second best away team in Spain just topped by “out of this word” Barcelona. They are very tight and organized in defense and they have only conceded 7 goals in 11 matches on the road in Spain. They are almost impenetrable from the center with a first line of two hardworking midfielders (Toulalan and Camacho/Iturra), a couple of experienced center backs (Demichelis and Wellington/Lugano) and in-form Caballero, actually the best Argentinean GK, securing the net. The other four players have great technical skills and love to have the ball and display quick counters. For tonight Pellegrini would probably opt for Portillo in the left wing with Joaquim on the right and Isco supporting striker Santa Cruz. Isco will force Fernando to play a few meters behind than he is used to as it’s important no to leave space for his creativeness and killer passing. To me, the most vulnerable point of Malaga are the defensive left back. Antunes signed this winter to replace Monreal is a very offensive player, dangerous in set pieces but have some weaknesses defending. If we take in consideration that Eliseu is injured and Duda is still recovering from injury also, he will not have too much help in stopping Varela and specially Danilo. One of two things can happen: or he will be forced to play 1x2 and Porto will win his position very often, or one of the defensive midfielders will be forced to shift his position to the left side to help him leaving some spaces in the middle that can be taken advantage from Porto. I expect a low scoring affair with both teams knowing that probably everything would be solved in La Rosaleda. I’m aware that this is a risky bet and a long shot but in my understanding a meager Porto victory is something that either coach could settle for. Porto knows that they can score in Málaga and that they are used to hostile European ambiences and Malaga’s main goal is arrive to the second leg with chances to go through, thus a 1 goal defeat would not be a complete disaster. I believe it’s going to be a tight match where no one wants to take chances and that Porto will have this slight edge given their European experience and their usual home force. GL to all!

Re: Porto V Malaga > Tuesday 19th February Malaga +1 is currently at 2.3 on the exchanges but wouldnt be surprised if that price drifts to 2.5 when money comes in for the home team in a few hours. I think both teams will want to keep this pretty tight and cancel each other out. Anyone else share any thoughts on this selection?

Re: Porto V Malaga > Tuesday 19th February

Malaga +1 is currently at 2.3 on the exchanges but wouldnt be surprised if that price drifts to 2.5 when money comes in for the home team in a few hours. I think both teams will want to keep this pretty tight and cancel each other out. Anyone else share any thoughts on this selection?
no its not. its 1.8

Re: Porto V Malaga > Tuesday 19th February Porto is the best team in Portugal indeed, but Malaga showed how good can be in the groups stage. The Spanish do not have to travel to far and the climate is the same so no advantage of this nature for the home side. Malaga has big expectations and they have to leave from Porto unbeaten, a not to hard task if we think that they hadn't had any defeat in UCL this season. I think it will be a low scoring game and most probably a draw between them. I will pick Malaga(+0.5) and Under 2.5 for tonight.

Re: Porto V Malaga > Tuesday 19th February For this game, i was shocked to see the odds so high on this player: Jackson Martinez AGS : 7/5 (PaddyPower & Bwin) Can get a score & win @ 9/4 (888 & BlueSQ) 20 goals in 19 league games and 3 in 6 Champions League matches, this boy is a natural goalscorer.

Re: Porto V Malaga > Tuesday 19th February LINE-UPS- Porto v Malaga (1945 GMT) FC Porto: Helton, Danilo, Otamendi, Mangala, Alex Sandro, Gonzalez, Fernando, Joao Moutinho, Izmailov, Martinez, Varela. Subs: Fabiano, Maicon, Andre Castro, Rodriguez, Liedson, Atsu, Seba. Malaga: Willy, Sergio Sanchez, Demichelis, Weligton, Antunes, Toulalan, Iturra, Joaquin, Isco, Julio Baptista, Santa Cruz. Subs: Kameni, Lugano, Camacho, Saviola, Piazon, Duda, Francisco Portillo. Referee: Mark Clattenburg (England)