** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb

kevshat

After the fast and furious Shootout at the weekend we're back to normal snooker on Wednesday when everyone heads to Berlin for the German Masters. Ronnie O'Sullivan won this tournament last year but isn't around to defend the title but the rest of the top names in the game are all heading out for the frantic five days. Eurosport have the coverage of the week. Draw, format and schedule can be found here: http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/f7/b9/0,,13165~178679,00.pdf

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb Tournament preview: 2pts ew M.Allen to win German Masters 12/1 William Hill (1/2 1-2) Mark Allen made the final of the Snooker Shootout on Sunday and declared himself happy with where his game is at right now. Not only did he go well in the Shootout but he looked in good touch in the Masters a couple of weeks ago only to lose to Neil Robertson via a miraculous 1 in 100 attempt to pot a ball out of a snooker which Robertson got. Allen’s draw to the quarter final looks quite kind and with the form he’s in and given that he fears nobody he is my main bet this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/german-masters-betting-mark-allen-looks-in-the-sort-of-form-to-go-all-the-way-in-berlin

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb 1pt X.Guodong to win 1st Quarter 14/1 Apollobet Xiao Guodong has already beaten Mark Davis to get here and his reward is a first round match against Kurt Maflin who he has beaten twice this season already. He could then run into Mark Williams in the second round before a possible quarter final against one of Trump, Carter or in a best case scenario Anthony Hamilton or even Fraser Patrick. If Xiao can get to the quarter finals, and the form Williams is in that is perfectly possible he’ll have every chance of landing his 14/1 odds and that looks the best value in this section to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/german-masters-betting-xiao-guodong-looks-good-value-to-come-through-the-first-quarter

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 30 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Allen, M v Bond, N (09:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dale, D v White, J (09:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ding, Junhui v Liu, Chuang (09:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Murphy, S v Woollaston, B (09:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Williams, M v O'Donnell, M (09:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Higgins, J v Lines, P (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Higginson, A v Bingham, S (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Maguire, S v McManus, A (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robertson, N v Wells, D (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Selby, M v Un-Nooh, T (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Patrick, F v Carter, A (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.21 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Poomjaeng, D v Hawkins, B (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Stevens, M v Burnett, J (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.64 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Trump, J v Wattana, J (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.18 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Xiao, Guodong v Maflin, K (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.94 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 31 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Fu, M v Walden, R (09:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dott, G v Harold, D (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb Wednesday match previews: 4pts M.Allen (-2.5 frames) to beat N.Bond 4/5 188bet Bond can still be competitive against the slightly lesser players in the game and if this gets scrappy he could compete here too but Mark Allen is cueing it well and I think he’ll be too good for the veteran in this one. Allen can win scrappy frames but if he can get the balls open then the way he is scoring I would expect him to cruise into the first round proper. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/allen-vs-bond-betting-mark-allen-should-have-way-too-much-for-nigel-bond-in-berlin 4pts N.Robertson (-2.5 frames) to beat D.Wells 4/5 Apollobet Given that Wells will be in largely unknown territory in this match I think the obvious call here is for Robertson to win and win quite comfortably. Most of the top players in the game couldn’t beat him at The Masters so Wells will need something like a career best just to stay in this match you would fancy. Neil Robertson is arguably in the top 3 all round players in the game right now and I expect him to win no worse than 5-2. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-wells-betting-daniel-wells-unlikely-to-be-too-much-of-a-match-for-robertson-in-german-masters 3pts J.Wattana (+2.5 frames) to beat J.Trump 6/5 Betfred Judd Trump will be under huge pressure in this match and that pressure didn’t appear to sit easily with him in the Masters. Wattana has nothing to lose and if he can put a break together early and ramp up the pressure on Trump he might just crack the youngster. Whether Wattana wins this match or not there is enough pressure on Trump both to win and to deliver a performance that I think Wattana can win at least 3 frames if not the full five he needs to progress. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-wattana-betting-james-wattana-can-put-judd-trump-under-even-more-pressure-in-berlin

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb Taking 3 more tonight. 5pts A.Carter (-2.5 frames) to beat F.Patrick 10/11 William Hill Ali Carter should come through this match without too much difficulty. Fraser Patrick is still an amateur and although he had an excellent win over Martin Gould in the qualifying match for this last month this will be a different thing entirely. This will be the first time he's played in front of any significant sort of crowd and on these fast tables and it will take a few frames to get used to as we've seen with the lesser ranked players that have played in the tournament so far. Ali Carter is a class act and has been playing pretty well recently and if he gets in front early like I would expect him to then he can run away to a pretty comfortable win. 3pts J.Burnett to beat M.Stevens 13/8 Paddy Power Neither of these men are in particularly good form but Jamie Burnett looks a decent price to me in this match. We all saw how poor Matthew Stevens was against a very poor Mark Williams in the Masters and if he plays like that again here then Jamie Burnett will definitely get the chances to beat Stevens, it's then up to him to take them. Burnett has made a couple of PTC semi finals this season so when he does play well he gets a lot of results whereas Matthew Stevens hasn't really done much at all so far this term. Given Burnett's had a better season overall I think he looks a shade big at 13/8 and he's worth a small bet to take out the former Masters champion here. 4pts X.Guodong vs K.Maflin - Over 7.5 frames 4/5 Paddy Power These two have met four times in the past and on all four occasions they have gone to a deciding frame so it is fair to suggest we are going to see a fair bit of mileage in this one. These two are both similar players. Neither deal in a lot of safety but both can get in from distance and score heavily when they are in so I expect this to be one of those punch then counter punch sort of matches and one which if history is anything to go by will finish no worse than 5-3 but could even go all the way to a deciding frame for a fifth straight time between these two.

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb Thursday TV previews: 3pts M.Holt to beat M.Williams 85/40 Boylesports Mark Williams hasn’t been playing well for a while now and I think he’s ripe for an upset in this match. Michael Holt is a more than capable player who hasn’t achieved the things he should have achieved but I sense he’s confident with his game at the minute and he certainly didn’t make many mistakes on his way to the Shootout semi finals at the weekend. That’s not a form guide but it shows that Holt is capable when his mind is on the job and he’s a big price at a shade over 2/1 here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/holt-vs-williams-betting-michael-holt-overpriced-to-upset-mark-williams-in-germany 4pts M.Selby (-2.5 frames) to beat J.Perry 11/10 William Hill I think Mark Selby has enough about him to win this match and win it well. He has a good record against Joe Perry and I expect that to continue and continue with a pretty comfortable win here. Selby never really flowed at the Masters even though he won the title but he did flow in his first match on Wednesday and with Perry in a bit of a dip in form I like Selby to win this and cover the handicap here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/perry-vs-selby-betting-mark-selby-can-continue-his-excellent-recent-form-with-comfortable-win-over-perry

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb One more for the morning session. 4pts M.Fu to beat R.Walden Evs Ladbrokes Marco Fu looks a decent bet to me here. Ricky Walden is very much a confidence player and he looks devoid of confidence at the minute. Since he qualified for this tournament he has lost his first match in all four normal tournaments and while he won a match at the Shootout at the weekend we can't really use that as a form guide to show us he is back in form. Marco Fu has been in decent touch this season. He's gone well in the PTC tournaments and had good runs in the Australian Open and the International Championship. He has won a few qualifying matches recently so he should come into this tournament in decent nick and if he can get ahead and get Walden under pressure then half the battle will be done. Fu is playing well this season and he beat Walden 4-0 when they met in a PTC event earlier in the season and I think he'll come through this one.

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb A couple more for this afternoon. 3pts D.Harold to beat G.Dott 5/2 Ladbrokes Dave Harold has a very good record against Graeme Dott surprisingly. He's won their last five meetings and Dott hasn't actually beaten Harold since 2000 which is amazing really when you think what Dott has achieved in that time. Dott made the semi finals of the Masters a couple of weeks ago but I think it is fair to say that he never played the best snooker he could do and if he doesn't play a lot better in this match then Dave Harold is more than capable of taking him out, especially with the confidence of knowing he has won the last five matches against the Scot. This one isn't likely to be over quickly but when it finishes I wouldn't be at all surprised if Harold is the man with the 5 next to his name. 4pts A.Hamilton (+2.5 frames) to beat J.Trump Evs Betfred Judd Trump has already played a match in this tournament this week but even though he made a couple of centuries it is fair to say that he didn't play his best and on another day James Wattana would have taken him out. Wattana missed a couple of chances but Anthony Hamilton is such a heavy scorer that if Trump gives him those chances he won't let the youngster off the hook. It is important to note that Trump knocked in a couple of centuries himself so he scored well at times against Wattana but even when he plays well his opponent's still gets chances and I think Hamilton is a heavy enough scorer to take at least three of those chances if not five.

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb Friday afternoon TV preview: 4pts M.Selby vs D.Junhui - Over 7.5 frames 8/11 William Hill I think this will be quite a close match as both men appear to be playing well and both look like they are scoring well. With that in mind I don’t see either running away with this match so the over 7.5 frames line looks good. Both men have wins over the other in their head to head and a lot of those matches have been quite tight. Given how well both are playing the overs look good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-ding-betting-high-quality-last-16-clash-can-be-close-throughout

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb Semi final previews: 4pts A.Carter vs N.Robertson - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Bet365 I think this will be a tight semi final. Both men are good players first and foremost and both are playing well enough not just to win this semi final but to win the tournament too. Both men are scoring well and they are not really the sort of players to get bogged down so I think we’ll see a few good breaks and plenty of tooing and froing in this one but when it ends I think the final score will be 6-4 or 6-5 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/carter-vs-robertson-betting-opening-semi-final-promises-to-be-a-high-quality-close-battle 4pts M.Fu vs B.Hawkins - Over 9.5 frames Evs Bet365 I wouldn’t like to call the winner of this match as they are both excellent players and both are in terrific form too. Both men are scoring heavily but both know their way around the table if it goes a bit scrappy too. I’m not so sure it will go scrappy though. The big crowd will inspire both to produce their best and in an evenly matched game I expect this semi final to finish no worse than 6-4 too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hawkins-vs-fu-betting-second-semi-final-looks-like-being-another-close-match-out-in-berlin

Re: German Masters 30 Jan - 3 Feb Final preview: 4pts M.Fu to beat A.Carter 6/4 Betfred I think the odds against is excellent value on Marco Fu. For my money he’s been the better player of the two this week. He’s scrapped out the frames he’s needed to but he has scored very heavily when he’s got in and his two centuries in the semi final against Barry Hawkins, in a match which saw a lot of tactical play, showed the gears he has in his game right now. Neither of these have won the number of tournaments they should have done but Marco Fu can add one more to his trophy cabinet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/carter-vs-fu-betting-marco-fu-can-land-another-major-title-by-defeating-carter-in-german-masters-final