Tuesday 1:30: William Hill Supreme Novices' Hurdle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tuesday 1:30: William Hill Supreme Novices' Hurdle Supreme Novices - Pique Sous 1pt EW @ 20/1 Bet365 1/4 odds 3 places Backing this horse for this race has been the plan for a while now, no matter what other horses have done. Yes the likes of Jezki and My Tent or Yours have been so impressive so far in what they have achieved but I just have a gut feeling with Pique Sous. He looked the likely winner of last years Champion Bumper turning for home as he was travelling best just in behind the eventual winner but was just outstayed by both Champagne Fever and New Years Eve. He clearly has plenty of speed and should have strengthened up over the last year. He hasn't had the typical preparation of a winner of the Supreme but connections haven't had the chance to get more experience into him due to the weather. He will come into the race on the back of a maiden hurdle win and a win on the all weather at Dundalk but that doesn't faze me. Willie Mullins managed to train Ebaziyan to win the race at 40/1 on the back of a win in a maiden hurdle. I have no doubts Pique Sous could be top class. Last years Champion Bumper was top class if you think of what the race has thrown up. Both The New One and Jezki finished 6th and 8th respectively and look what they have achieved already. It is possible connections will try and get another run into him but I think he will go straight for the Supreme now. He has already shown a liking for Cheltenham, which is a plus, and I feel he goes there with a good chance if he gets his ground. He is French bred which is also a positive as they tend to do well at Cheltenham. Will be interesting to see who Ruby Walsh rides in the race but I feel he may choose to ride this one... or thats what I hope!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.