Wednesday 2:40: RSA Steeple Chase

Re: Wednesday 2:40: RSA Steeple Chase Ante-post RSA chase - Dynaste 5pts win @ 5/1 >paddypower 1/4 odds 1,2,3 Dynaste has looked an absolute machine since turning his attention to fences. The form of both of his starts over fences have been franked this weekend with both Unioniste and Court in Motion winning. It's hard to not get carried away with his performances so far as he has looked imperious both times. He put Fingal Bay in his place with ease and looking through the current RSA betting, I don't see anything in the field that could pose a threat. Boston Bob at the moment is the current 2nd favourite but I am happy to take him on. Come race day I feel Dynaste will be much shorter than his current 5/1 so fingers crossed he gets there in 1 piece. To me opposition is thin on the ground so I am happy to get on at this early stage. It's a race that Martin Pipe won twice in the 90's and David looks to have a major contender to notch his first RSA.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Wednesday 2:40: RSA Steeple Chase There always seems to be a short priced favourite in the RSA and in the last 3 years Long Run, Time for Rupert and Grands Crus all failed to justify their short odds. However it doesn't look like a strong renewal and Dynaste has been seriously impressive so its hard to oppose, even with the poor récord of feltham winners

Re: Wednesday 2:40: RSA Steeple Chase

There always seems to be a short priced favourite in the RSA and in the last 3 years Long Run' date=' Time for Rupert and Grands Crus all failed to justify their short odds. However it doesn't look like a strong renewal and Dynaste has been seriously impressive so its hard to oppose[/quote'] That's what they also said each time before too :lol Tough race this. I like Unioniste in the Jewson but look likes this is his target and at his age it could be too much. Super Duty could improved for the (probable) better gorund and looks a dour stayer to me. Think he might be value if he lines up

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Wednesday 2:40: RSA Steeple Chase http://www.punterslounge.com/wetherby-betting-goulanes-to-get-off-to-a-winning-start-over-fences

Goulanes has raced once this season and won but this was 77 days ago. It looks like the typical Pipe plot horse that will probably run here and then win at Cheltenham doing cartwheels in one of the big handicaps. It has 2 wins from 2 starts under rules and also won a point to point over 3m. It won a maiden hurdle over 21f and then won a listed hurdle over 26f at Cheltenham, just beating Cross Kennon by a neck. It has 3 entries at Cheltenham and is 66-1 for the RSA. It is a lightly raced 7 year old that could be head and shoulders above these or could be a flop but it will probably be the former.
Now 8-1 and how I'm wishing I'd had a few quid at 66's. Backed it at Wetherby and was impressed but left it alone ante post due to the 3 entries.

Re: Wednesday 2:40: RSA Steeple Chase

Not the best RSA Chase I have ever seen but interesting nonetheless, the three mile trip should see Boston Bob in better light after two average starts over fences so far but looks poor value to me on what he has achieved to date. Ruby chooses Unioniste and the tip should be heeded, he is the top rated horse in the race on 153 and receives weight from them all being only a 5yo. Goulanes could chase him home for the Pipe yard, he has done nothing wrong and just stays all day. Selections: 2pts Unioniste 7/2

>Paddy Power 1pt Goulanes 7/1 >Bet365

Full Preview; https://www.punterslounge.com/cheltenham-festival/

Re: Wednesday 2:40: RSA Steeple Chase 2pts win Boston Bob @ 7/2 (PP) Although he has been a little underwhelming this season so far I think it's foolish to rule him out of running a belter here. He was 2nd in the Albert Bartlett last year and his first effort over fences came on unsuitably soft ground, after a lengthy break and over a trip on the short side. Managed to just get up - as he did last time out - but will be a different animal in a race with plenty of pace in it like this, back on better ground and 3 miles. Confident he'll be a different horse today.

Re: Wednesday 2:40: RSA Steeple Chase I strongly fancy Hadrians Approach for this. Jumped very poorly behind Unioniste and still nearly won. Looked as though he had much more to give. Apparently they have worked on his jumping which has improved. Massive chance for me