Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Thursday 2:40: Ryanair Chase Ryanair Chase - China Rock 1pt EW @ 20/1 Boylesports 1/4 Odds 3 places Taking a chance with an outsider for this one. I did think Flemenstar would be extremely tough to beat but it looks as though he isn't going to make the race which opens it right up. I think China Rock is a huge price at 20/1 considering how well he ran in the Lexus. He was returning from a lengthy absence in the race but was travelling better than anything apart from Flemenstar coming to the 3rd last. He took it up at the 3rd last but then the big guns swamped him and he tired quite badly and was beaten 33 lengths in the end. That run will have brought him along nicely and the better ground come festival time will suit him better. He doesn't win that often but is a regular in top graded races and at times has shown glimpses of being just short of being a top class animal. This year will be his 5th visit to the festival. He is yet to win but has finished 4th on 2 occasions and finished well beaten on 2 attempts at the Gold Cup. His better efforts have both come at the Ryanair distance so I feel the drop back in trip will definitely suit. He is a very good traveller and he should give us a good run for our money. Even in last years Gold Cup he tanked along in about 3rd place up until the 4th last when his stamina gave way. I think the Ryanair will be perfect for him as he is a great jumper and likes to race up with the pace. I certainly don't think 20/1 will be available come race time, if he does in fact line up in the race!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.