Thursday 3:20: Ladbrokes World Hurdle

Re: Thursday 3:20: Ladbrokes World Hurdle World Hurdle - Tidal Bay 1pt EW 14/1 >Bet365 - 3 places 1/4 odds Risky bet as he may not even go for this but if he does then he will be much shorter come race day. Big Bucks and Quevega not running leaves the door wide open and Tidal Bay looks a pretty good option to me. I fancy Paul Nicholls will want to win this race having won this race the previous 4 years with Big Bucks. Tidal Bay looks the most likely entrant for Nicholls as Zarkandar will surely go for the Champion Hurdle after his win last time out. Tidal Bay at 14’s is a risk worth taking as there isn’t much in current betting that I would fear. He proved last time out there that is still plenty of ability in the old boy, finishing a brilliant 3rd behind Bob’s Worth under top weight. He is loves it around Cheltenham and I would fancy him to go close if he does indeed go for the race.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Thursday 3:20: Ladbrokes World Hurdle LADBROKES WORLD HURDLE Class 1, Grade One, £275,000 Total Prize Fund, three miles. Cheltenham, 3.20pm, Thursday, March 14, three miles. For four-yearolds and upwards which are allotted a rating of 130 or more by the BHA Head of Handicapping following a review of the horses entered and after taking account of races run up to and including March 7 - horses which are not qualified for a rating in GB, IRE or FR may also be entered (such horses may be eligible providing the Handicapper is satisfied that the horse’s racecourse performances up to and including March 7 would merit a minimum rating of 130 – the decision of the BHA Head of Handicapping shall be final). Weights: 4yo: 11st 1lb; 5yo+: 11st 10lb; fillies & mares allowed 7lb. Entries closed January 15, entries revealed January 17 (61 entries). Scratchings deadline February 12 (33 remain), £13,750 supplementary entry stage & six-day confirmation stage March 8, final declarations 10am, March 12. Form figures supplied by Weatherbys and are correct up to and including the racing of Monday, February 11. Form Horse Age Owner Trainer 23 AAIM TO PROSPER (IRE) 9 CGA Racing Partnership 2 Paul Nicholls 3P2-1000 AMERICAN SPIN 9 G Collacott & R Gadd Luke Dace 240/14-0 ANY GIVEN DAY (IRE) 8 Tim Leslie Donald McCain 10/-2111 BACK IN FOCUS (IRE) 8 Andrea & Graham Wylie Willie Mullins IRE 11/1114/ BERGO (GER) 10 Gary Moore Gary Moore F13-F111 BOG WARRIOR (IRE) 9 Gigginstown House Stud Tony Martin IRE 131120- CELESTIAL HALO (IRE) 9 The Stewart Family Paul Nicholls 3122-242 CHAMPION COURT (IRE) 8 Martin Boothright Martin Keighley 524536- CLOUDY SPIRIT 8 Norma Harris Reg Hollinshead 20-00266 CROSS KENNON (IRE) 9 P and Mrs G A Clarke Jennie Candlish /12/1/10/ FIVEFORTHREE (IRE) 11 Olde Crowbars Syndicate Willie Mullins IRE 221-14P GET ME OUT OF HERE (IRE) 9 J P McManus Jonjo O'Neill 1114-P3P GRANDS CRUS (FR) 8 Roger Stanley & Yvonne Reynolds III David Pipe 130-2400 HOLLOW TREE 5 Brannon Dick Holden Donald McCain 1122-133 KENTFORD GREY LADY 7 Ian Bare Emma Lavelle 113-121 MONKSLAND (IRE) 6 Patricia Hunt Noel Meade IRE 2PP-015 MOSSLEY (IRE) 7 Bill Hennessy Robbie Hennessy IRE 2/141-210 OSCARA DARA (IRE) 8 BG Racing Partnership Nicky Henderson 1(1)51-112 OSCAR WHISKY (IRE) 8 Walters Plant Hire Ltd Nicky Henderson 20/1120-2 PEDDLERS CROSS (IRE) 8 Tim Leslie Donald McCain 351/51-1 PRINCE DE BEAUCHENE (FR) 10 Andrea & Graham Wylie Willie Mullins IRE 453-204 PROSPECT WELLS (FR) 8 Andrea & Graham Wylie Paul Nicholls 11/1/111- QUEVEGA (FR) 9 Hammer & Trowel Syndicate Willie Mullins IRE 4053-211 REVE DE SIVOLA (FR) 8 Paul Duffy Diamond Partnership Nick Williams 123U-32 SMAD PLACE (FR) 6 Mrs Peter Andrews Alan King 2/1222/21 SOLWHIT (FR) 9 Top Of The Hill Syndicate Charles Byrnes IRE 1110-432 SO YOUNG (FR) 7 Mrs M McMahon Willie Mullins IRE 541-121 TIDAL BAY (IRE) 12 Andrea & Graham Wylie Paul Nicholls 236-113 TRUSTAN TIMES (IRE) 7 Mrs M E Armitage & Peter Armitage Tim Easterby 0051343 WHATUTHINK (IRE) 11 Redgap Partnership Oliver McKiernan IRE 1 WHISPERING GALLERY 7 Bloomfields John Ferguson 42512-1 WONDERFUL CHARM (FR) 5 Robin Geffen Paul Nicholls 02-25122 ZAIDPOUR (FR) 7 Susannah Ricci Willie Mullins IRE 33 entries after February 12 scratchings deadline 11 Irish-trained THE FOLLOWING 28 HORSES HAVE BEEN SCRATCHED: ATTAGLANCE, AVOCA PROMISE (IRE), BEAR'S AFFAIR (IRE), BENSALEM (IRE), CAPE TRIBULATION, CONEYGREE, CRACK AWAY JACK, DUKE OF LUCCA (IRE), DYNASTE (FR), FAIR ALONG (GER), GENERAL MILLER, GOLDEN CHIEFTAIN (IRE), KAUTO STONE (FR), LOVCEN (GER), MAKE YOUR MARK (IRE), MARASONNIEN (FR), MIDNIGHT GAME, MINELLA CLASS (IRE), RED NOT BLUE (IRE), RITE OF PASSAGE, RIVERSIDE THEATRE, ROBERTO GOLDBACK (IRE), SADLER'S RISK (IRE), SNAP TIE (IRE), SOLIX (FR), THOUSAND STARS (FR), WALKON (FR), WON IN THE DARK (IRE)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Thursday 3:20: Ladbrokes World Hurdle

Fascinating renewal of the World Hurdle with plenty of interest surrounding Wonderful Charm, he could be anything and it’s a brave move by connections to run here. The obvious two to concentrate on are Oscar Whisky and Reve De Sivola, they set the standard with their performance at the Trials meeting here in January. The Nick Williams horse came out on top that day and I see no reason to oppose him now especially if the ground is a bit dead under the covers. Selections: 2pts Reve De Sivola 9/2

>Paddy Power 1pt Wonderful Charm 11/1 Stan James

Full Preview; https://www.punterslounge.com/cheltenham-festival/

Re: Thursday 3:20: Ladbrokes World Hurdle I was fancying Trustan Times each way in this at 40-1 but it doesn't run. I can't see Oscar Whisky staying 3m if they go a good clip. Reve De Sivola should be taking this but I like the chances of Bog Warrior and think going back over hurdles could prove a wise decision. Oscar Whisky would be lay of the day for me.

Re: Thursday 3:20: Ladbrokes World Hurdle

I was fancying Trustan Times each way in this at 40-1 but it doesn't run. I can't see Oscar Whisky staying 3m if they go a good clip. Reve De Sivola should be taking this but I like the chances of Bog Warrior and think going back over hurdles could prove a wise decision. Oscar Whisky would be lay of the day for me.
Oscar Whisky is my bet of the day mate. I don't buy that argument that he doesn't stay 3 miles, he stayed it comfortably on soft ground last time out, and the ground will be a bit better tomorrow, I can see Barry easing him into the race, and will travel like the winner coming to the last in my opinion. Can't see Reve De Sivola winning after the battering he got last time out on ground that is nearly good now. All about opinions, but I actually think a fast pace would suit Whisky the way he travels.

Re: Thursday 3:20: Ladbrokes World Hurdle ive fancied SMAD PLACE all season and still do. Its been well backed tonight and i was on at 16s in all my multiples and now taken 11s for tomorrows race Needs better ground and beat OW in this last year (3rd & 5th)

Re: Thursday 3:20: Ladbrokes World Hurdle 3.20 Cheltenham - 1pt win Get Me Out Of Here @ 9/1 (Bet365) This is the most open World Hurdle for many years for obvious reasons and you won't find a more consistent horse at the Festival than Jonjo O'Neill's runner here - and boy does he deserve to get his head in front. He's been second in the Supreme Novices', the County Hurdle and the Coral Cup the last three years and he should be primed for another crack this year, again in a different race. Obviously the main issue is the trip as he's not proved himself over three miles before but you can essentially scrap his form on deep ground this season as he clearly needs a sounder surface and the hurdles course seems pretty decent now. I think he has a good chance of staying as well as the 2m5f in the Coral Cup takes some getting with the pace on in that race and he wasn't stopping at the line despite bumping into a handicap plot last year. He was under pressure before the turn in so for him to stay on past horses into second, without the rest closing on him up the hill bodes well for this. It's unlikely they'll go as quick here and fingers crossed for him he can finally get a Festival win under his belt.