** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL: Conference Round picks

Samba_SamPa

Early thought is that the Ravens are getting too big a start at 9 or 9.5 in Foxboro. 4 of the last 6 meetings, going back 5 years, have seen 1-score Patriots wins, whilst the other 2 were Ravens wins. Ravens, fortunately albeit, beat NE in Baltimore in September, and were just a stripped catch in the endzone away from (probably) winning last year's AFC Championship game.

Re: NFL: Conference Round picks Conference previews: 4pts San Francisco (-3) to beat Atlanta Evs Coral Atlanta have the home advantage in this match but for me it is the only advantage they have as in both offense and defence I like the 49ers here. There’s always a slight concern that Kaepernick suddenly realises the magnitude of what he is doing but even then they can run the ball strongly through Frank Gore and with their defence I’m not convinced the Falcons can stop the 49er march to the Super Bowl. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/san-francisco--atlanta-betting-san-francisco-can-head-to-the-georgia-dome-and-book-a-place-in-the-super-bowl 5pts Baltimore (+8) to beat New England 19/20 BetVictor These odds are quite simply ridiculous. 12 months ago Baltimore were a Torrey Smith catch or a Billy Cundiff field goal away from the Super Bowl and I think the Ravens offense showed last week that they have a much stronger potency on the road this year. The Patriots are a good side there’s no doubt about that but I question how much they’ve improved over the 12 months so just like last year I expect this to be a tight game and whether the Patriots win again or not I definitely don’t see them covering an 8pt head start. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/baltimore--new-england-betting-baltimore-can-push-new-england-all-the-way-in-afc-championship-game

Re: NFL: Conference Round picks San Francisco -6.5 @ 2.34 sportsbet San Francisco -13.5 @ 4.30 sportsbet Atlanta is built much like the Green Bay Packers: a very good QB with an average run game and a decent defence in stopping the pass and run. San Francisco showed last week that they have a very good defence to stop the pass and run, while QB Kaepernick really stepped up, and expect him and Gore to be too much for the Falcons here. SF went to Green Bay and won by 8 points; they won by 10 points in New Orleans and won by 7 points in New England, and each of these sides all have top QBs that they managed to contain. See the 49ers winning this one, and with their run game, hard to see Atlanta stopping that Baltimore +7.5 @ 1.96 pinnacle Baltimore +1.5 @ 4.55 sportsbet New England will look to Brady to once again lead this team to victory but they face a tough Baltimore defence that keeps grinding away and getting the results. They went to Denver last week, and were expected to be easily defeated and yet they came away with an overtime win, despite special teams giving up two TDs on kick off and punt returns. To go tot Denver and manage this win was a huge achievement and they are playing for their inspirational leader Lewis who looks to sign off this last season with a SB win. Flacco showed that he has some poise in his game while Rice will continue to pound the lines. Brady edges the QB position while Rice is the better RB, and the respective defences are pretty even, so not much between the two sides. It was like that earlier in the season when Baltimore won 31-30 at home and can see this being another tight game. Baltimore playing with a never-say-die attitude that is keeping them in the games and like this to be the edge that gives them the win here Playoff Record: 4-12 (-7.46)

Re: NFL: Conference Round picks NFL 2012-2013 Overall 54W-43L-3P +8.15 units (55.67%) Falcons +3.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Falcons +170 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes Ravens +8 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Ravens +310 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes I either fall hard, or im celebrating. I believe both dogs win. The Ravens as everyone knows,play the Patriots tough in every game, I feel very confident in the spread. The 49ers looked spectacular last week, however, people forget how they looked getting into the playoffs. People also seem to forget the Falcons went 13-3 this year and are the #1 seed. I believe the dome helps them in the win.

Re: NFL: Conference Round picks

San Francisco -6.5 @ 2.34 :@ San Francisco -13.5 @ 4.30 :@ SF wins by 4 points but Akers hits the upright with a FG that would have won the first pick and then they fumble at the 1 yard line that would have won the second pick Baltimore +7.5 @ 1.96 :) Baltimore +1.5 @ 4.55 :)
Playoff Record: 6-14 (-4.95)