** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Caribbean T20 2013

kevshat

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Rain about tonight guys. Barbados are 1/3 stan james which doesn't really appeal after their implosion last night, and much as I like the triple C I can't back them at 11/4 bet365, skybet. One thing I did notice was that skybet are 6/5 on over 1.5 runouts in barb v ccc. Barbados have somehow contrived to get run out four times in their last two games. If they end up in a scratchy run chase where the boundaries aren't coming, wet field with players slipping over, shall we / shan't we... I will leave it i reckon but wanted to mention.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013

Rain about tonight guys. Barbados are 1/3 stan james which doesn't really appeal after their implosion last night, and much as I like the triple C I can't back them at 11/4 bet365, skybet. One thing I did notice was that skybet are 6/5 on over 1.5 runouts in barb v ccc. Barbados have somehow contrived to get run out four times in their last two games. If they end up in a scratchy run chase where the boundaries aren't coming, wet field with players slipping over, shall we / shan't we... I will leave it i reckon but wanted to mention.
Hi Marshland, I haven't had a look at the Barbados game since it started (so I may be wrong) but the runouts I think is very good bet in just about every match in this tournament. The running is farcial alot of the time and blindly backing the runouts certainly has been profitable. Noone will have the nerve to go odds on for over 1.5 runouts so value will be there consistently I believe.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013

Hi Marshland' date=' I haven't had a look at the Barbados game since it started (so I may be wrong) but the runouts I think is very good bet in just about every match in this tournament. The running is farcial alot of the time and blindly backing the runouts certainly has been profitable. Noone will have the nerve to go odds on for over 1.5 runouts so value will be there consistently I believe.[/quote'] Thanks Tanos, helpful to know becasue I don't have ESPN and so haven't seen any of the coverage. In the 11 matches so far, the run out count has been: 1, 1, 2, 1, 0, 2, 0, 1, 4 (!), 1, 1. So I definitely agree this has got a chance every match ! Laid Jamaica last night at 1.06 when Leewards were 60 something for 5. Cornwall and Thomas then when nuts, 1 run away from a payday for the thread ! And as for CCC, the dream is alive gentlemen :p

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Change of venue for the remaining games. No more Pudding of Spain. Looks like a cracking little stadium in St Lucia. Windward Islands' home ground apparently ( wikipedia ) so perhaps that gives them a little boost for playing T&T. 4/5 for Guyana to beat Jamaica ( paddy power, stan james ), I reckon that is a pretty resonable price. Guyana might have got turned over by T&T but I think they have that bit more quality and expected them to be a bit shorter for this.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Can't really understand this price, I guess people are just looking at the league table. Jamaica lie second in the table courtesy of a super over victory against rock bottom Leeward and a point against Trinidad. They beat Windward in a rain affected shortened game so not willing to read to much into that. So if it wasn't for the weather and the odd ball they could very well be sitting rock bottom themselves. Chanderpaul and Deonarine both sit in the top ten batting so far despite playing a game less than the others. The former has scored 114 in the three matches so far and has hit the most 4's - 15 in his three games. His average of 38 also show that the nurdler we all love isn't afraid to hit out with more than half his runs so far coming from boundaries. Sarwan and Permaul have been woeful so far but are undoubtedly a level above their Jamaican counterparts. Barnwell has had a great tournament with the ball taking 4/51 in three games. Not going in big on this as we are at a new venue and this comp has been completely crazy so far, but I would have Guyana priced around 1.4. If Guyana win I might just reinvest some of the profits on our champions elect college boys who are now an amazing 300/1 :rollin

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 I know they say the table doesn't lie but i think it is telling a little fib in Jamaica's case. CCC could also have been right in conention but for 4 bad balls at the end of their first game. Admittedly guyana were the beneficiary there though. Anyway, have also backed G with a small stake. Intend to keep an eye on the TnT price, call me crazy but they might be a small lay tonight. Cooper has left for the BPL, and although they are strong they are not indestructible. They have swapped home advantage with the windwards, and if the latter are chasing a gettable total they might have a chance with johnson charles and sammy. Need them to be shorter than current price of 1.25 betfair though really. Definitely up for a top-up on the students !! I havent given up on hopes of third place. :)

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 With the way things have gone I would say betting on anything this comp pre match is madness as the last 2 pages show! I would recommend waiting to lay low odds for small chases, or backing when early wickets fall as most teams have infinitely better middles orders than openers. Apart from CCC who only have their openers. I'm making about as much sense as this competition :\ For CCC to reach third place we need this to happen! CCC BEAT HEAVILY Leeward Islands Trinidad BEAT HEAVILY Barbados Leeward Islands BEAT Guyana Barbados JUST BEAT Windward CCC BEAT HEAVILY Jamaica who have already qualified and are resting players :D Winward and Guyana play out a close game - If Guyana beat Leeward we need a Windward win here Then they just need to beat Jamaica again and Trinidad in the final. EASY PEASY, LOAD UP MAX BANK BOYS!

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 I can't believe the colleges are favourites for a match ! Grimreaper i'm with Alf, picking a matchwinner pre-game is too hard. I don't think i've done it once in this bizarre comp ( which even by my standards is bad ). The bet that keeps on giving is Wales' great pick on TnT hitting most sixes. Won again last night at 1/2, and is 4/6 tonight vs Barbados (skybet). Could be putting a real stake on this. CCC are sure to negotiate all those traps successfully. Nailed on for a semi. Unless Leewards can stop them ? Might need a cover on them at 1,000 :rollin

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Agreed Marshland, that 4/6 just looks huge. Also check out the run-outs for both matches again. Last night 2 in each, and although maybe the Trinidad game should show better running, the Colleges game must be nailed on for over 1.5! 6/5 with SkyBet.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Jamaica v Guyana: Chris Gayle top Jamaica batsman, 7/4 Skybet. Bit wary of picking a winner in the play off game - saw a rumour that Chanderpaul may be injured, but even so Jamaica look a touch short to me. Think this bet is worth a go though. The big man put a poor run of form behind him with his final knock for Sydney Thunder in the BBL and then was on fire last night. 9 sixes ! ( admittedly that was against the relatively inexperienced bowling of the college students though ). I actually think the price is ok in the context of his capacity for destruction compared to the likes of Bonner, Hyatt and Lambert. We shall see !

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 That one came in about 5 times over! Though after saying about the BPL last night - hitting 80 and being on the losing side, surely must be a record for someone to hit 118 and still lose! Great chase by a Chanderless Guyana though, and with plenty to spare. I am going to have a punt on them to beat Trinidad who are 1.39 to lay at Betfair. Trinidad won and them some against Guyana during the group stage, but they did so against everyone else too. Much like the BBL Trinidad have been in cruise control whilst Guyana have come with a late run, and in a one off final I like being on the teams with momentum even if they are underdogs. Trinidad have had no pressure on em at all yet and the Carribean players aren't exactly known for their resilience. If they get in a spot of bother at any point who knows what can happen.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Monstrous ! I can't imagine anyone has ever lost after scoring 80, much less a ton. Captain Lambert said on cricinfo that one man alone cannot always win it for you, and their downfall was no-one supporting Gayle. Which I think is fair comment when you look at the scorecaerd. What is the highest ever T20 knock ? I think Cam White hit 140 one time. Guyana showed plenty of bottle that is for sure. Have to be respected. I haven't seen any of the coverage as don't have ESPN at home but this chap Barnwell seems to have been really impressive the last few games. As a team they seem to have grown into the comp. I am in agreement about backing them tonight. Enough to cover my outright stake on TnT and perhaps a bit more besides. Momentum is so important in T20 - look at Brisbane for example. In the articles I've read, TnT keep reiterating how focussed they are. I'm sure they feel that they are, but like you say if the pressure gets on them then how will they respond. Guyana did win this comp 3 years ago...

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Guyana vs Trinidad: top Guyana batsman Christopher Barnwell, 5/1 skybet, hills, stan james. Definitely happy to back this guy at 5s. Match winning knock last night which will have done his confidence no harm at all. Had contributed one or two notable performances even prior to that. If Chanderpaul is carrying an injury as suspected, and if the Guyana openers have to face badree and narine then i think this has a chance. Small stake only though as a fit Shiv, deonarine and sarwan are dangers.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Great call mate, your only danger there was that guy Extras, why didn't they put him further up the order? I think with Chanderpaul Guyana could have posted a semi-defendable total. Sarwan has had a nightmare, 61 runs in 8 matches against the best dibbly dobblers the Windies have to offer. Really fear for him if he plays in Australia!

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Thanks Alf, appreciated. Happy with the last couple of nights ! Extras and Chanderpaul to open in future. Read the report, sounded like Guyana didn't really turn up. Shiv would have helped for sure. Poor old Sarwan. Never nice to see a good player struggling. Thought he was quality last year at Leicestershire. Anyway, 30/10 TRIPLE MAX BET on him top series runscorer v Aus. Not necessarily great when one side dominates but I did like the regional format of this comp with all the islands playing each other. Something old school quaint about that, a bit like the county circuit. Left that behind next year for another franchise model with your Dirk Nannes and Azhar Mahmoods Hope there is a CCC franchise !

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Yes - Bookworms to take the other teams to school. Profit for me on this one too, but didnt have a good bbl really so all square overall i reckon. Have to say thanks for mentioning about laying the low odds teams in 2nd innings. Had never even considered it before, but have now got my betfair account and had a win and couple of close misses in the last few days. Don't need to land many to make it a profitable strategy i reckon, and there is always a chance in t20 !