** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Caribbean T20 2013

kevshat

The Caribbean T20 tournament begins on Sunday night/Monday morning and most of the event is live on ESPN so we should get a few betting opportunities. With the Windies the T20 champions worldwide we should see some good matches too. Fixtures for the tournament can be found here: http://www.espncricinfo.com/caribbean-t20-13/content/series/587824.html?template=fixtures

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 I am looking forward to this, some joyful calypso cricket and sunny scenes to cheer up these dark January nights :) Know relatively little about most of the players aside from the big T20 names and WI internationals so it will be great to learn more about the teams & cricketers as the comp progresses. Given my lack of knowledge I was a bit fearful of taking any big bets in the outrights, but I have had a nibble on Trinidad & Tobago to win at 7/4 with Sportingbet ( yesterday ). Their squad just looks so strong on paper, particularly their batting order and they have won it for two years straight with a number of the same players. Looks like Narine will be at the BBL for a while longer though and I read today on cricinfo that Rampaul has been withdrawn due to injury which would seem to diminish their attack. Pollard should be back for their second ( not the first I don't think ) match though apparently which is good news for them. Also Trinidad is joint-hosting this year which might create a bit of home advantage, at least in the group stage where they have 4 games in Port of Spain. This could be handy given the group phase winner progresses straight to the final. I believe the final is on the 20th Jan, and WI's first ODI in Australia is not until 1st of Feb. So I'm hoping the T&T players ( and indeed those from the other teams, for the sake of the tournament ) involved in the tour won't fly out until after the final. Wasn't able to confirm this though unfortunately. Edwards and Best looks like a solid duo for Barbados so will be intersting to see how they go with the ball. They were at 7/2 earlier, maybe some value in them if they drift a bit further ? This was a bet made largely in ignorance in all honesty to have an interest in the comp. I am really looking forward to hearing the thoughts of the knowledgable Punters Lounge folk which I always find very interesting and helpful. Best of luck all

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Struggling to find anything that interests me here to be honest. I will keep an eye on the market love for T&T in the first game and try and take advantage if there is any to be had. Guyana will be worth a lay at that price though definitely.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Combined Colleges and Campuses to beat Guyana. 4/1, Sportingbet. 1/10 pts. A blind, greedy-guts bet made on the basis of price alone and nothing else. Therefore it deserves to lose. And I definitely won't grumble if it does. But maybe it will win.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013

Jamacia backable at 2.24 with T&T 98/5 Is that market love or is the Jamacian hutch that bad!
Jamaica's hutch a mystery. Didn't get to see much of them last night did we. However, here's what I have been able to find out from a quick trawl of cricinfo which may ( or may not ) help. Nkrumah Bonner: 2 T20I games for WI A vs India A last June. Hit 25, and 82. One full T20I app last March, 24 vs Aus. Described as an allrounder but opened yesterday, and when he hit the 82. John Campbell: Only 19, hardly any info on him. Hit a ton against England in the U19 world cup last year ( 50 ovs match ). Danza Hyatt: relatively experienced. 5 T20Is at an average of 16. Played v India A last June, 13 and 13, Tamar Lambert ©: looks like he is an experienced 4 day player but questions over his T20 form ( played 9 matches at an average of 4.66 accoring to cricinfo ). Here's an extract from an article on him I stumbled across ( Stabroek News website, 28th Dec ): Jamaica’s captain Tamar Lambert is planning to prove his critics wrong by performing consistently in the upcoming Caribbean T20 tournament starting next month. Lambert has been under some pressure here after comments in some cricket circles claim he is not suited for the shortest format of the game and therefore should not have been included in the national set-up. “People sometimes say stuff, but I don’t worry about what they say because that’s their opinion” Lambert told the Jamaica Observer. “I can only prove them wrong by going out there and performing consistently”. Lambert struck a thunderous 74 in an easy victory against a Jamaica Premier League (JPL) XI in a recent practice match as his side continues preparation for the T20 tournament being jointly held in Trinidad & Tobago and St Lucia from January 6. His knock, which included 11 fours and two sixes scored from only 46 balls, comes on the heels of other impressive innings in local competitions. “It was a good innings, but I still can improve” said the 31 –year- old cricketer. “I’m a confident person, but I always try to look at my cricket and see where I am lacking. It has been constant work in practice sessions as I get geared up for this Caribbean T20 competition”. Jamaica, title-holders of the regional four-day and Super50 competitions, have never won a T20 title. However, the former national youth player, who has successfully led Jamaica in five straight four-day campaigns, believes confidence could help his men take the title from defending champions Trinidad and Tobago. David Bernard: all rounder, played one T20I. 27 T20s recorded, ave 11, HS 36. Andre Russell would seem to be Jamaica's biggest name. Bonner could be a danger. Lambert, I guess he must have something about him if his team has one the 4 day comp for 5 straight years. Perhaps he feels he has a point to prove. Not much to go on really. Clearly the bookies didn't fancy them against Narine and Badree ! What a hard comp to call unless you know the Carbbean cricket scene in detail.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Having a nibble on CC&C on the outright market with Betfair @ 95 Looking through their team the majority of the young players represented WI u19 or A side with a few mature students who have full WI caps (though granted probably only due to the dispute farce a few years back). Whilst on paper T&T seem well ahead of the pack, there isn't much else that stands out, so if the young kids can get a couple of wins and get themselves in the mix, you never know!

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Jason Holder what did you just do :wall 11 runs to play with, only three balls left and he coughs up a wide and a no ball with the free hit being hoisted for 6. Great match for the traders with Guyana hitting below 1.15 before 1.02 being gubbed on CC&C. Unlucky on the straight punt Marshland but I think we can agree it was a great shout and the young guys more than mixed it up with a top quality team tonight. Great entertainment though with Permaul being smashed for 28 in his last over, and Guyana losing three wickets in the penultimate one before Permaul comes back and saves the day. More fun in one game than the BBL combined :lol

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Mulled over todays first fixture before deciding no bet. Barbados have the stronger squad on paper but I don't think they are backable at around the 8/15 mark. Jamaica bowled well against T&T, but without seeing them bat, 6/4 is to small for me to have a pop at. The second game could be a massacre. CC&C will be absolutely devestated with the nature of their defeat last night, especially the phantom no ball that was given. If KP and co are in the mood this could get ugly. No prices on Betfair yet but T&T should go off around 1.25 on which is too big for me to consider laying before the off. Given the fact there is some weather about I may look at laying T&T however if they bat first.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 So close ! Checked the score when I got up and managed to determine they had lost on the last ball. Then saw your post, Alf, and realised the students had snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Got to be philosophical - just grateful I wasn’t actually watching it ! Had a spare few mins today to check the prices. I agree that there is not much being given away in the match odds. Was happy to burn a point on CCC yesterday against Guyana but they were the same price of 4/1 for tonight ( widely available ) when I looked. Bit of pressure on TnT maybe ? Looking at the table it’s 4pts for a win and 1 for an NR, so you would think they can’t really afford so slip up and register 1pt from 2 games. You could be right though, it might get horrible if the Trini-bagons get going. Having said that, wonderful bet on them outright at nearly 100/1 ! I was going to follow for a shared interest / bit of fun, but the best I could find was 25/1 ( ! ) Skybet. I’ll keep a watching brief and see if they drift sufficiently; shall follow if the chance arises. The one bet I could be interested in for Barb v Jam is for Bonner to top score for Jamaica. That 80 odd off 60 odd balls v India A has ( rightly or wrongly ) caught my eye. If the compilers price him up as a middle-order player like it says on his cricinfo biography, but in fact he opens again, then perhaps there might be some value to be had. I might be focussing on the wrong thing here, and there is Tino to contend with, but if he is 7/1 or 8/1 then I might see what happens with a point.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 So Skybet are 11/4 about Bonner for top Jamaica batsman tonight. They is getting towards Christopher Henry Gayle territory so I will respectfully decline. The bookies don't miss a trick do they ? ...except, sometimes they do. Spotted an arbitrage opportunity if anyone is reading and is interested: Skybet: T&T to win ( v CCC ), 1/5, 10 units stake. Returns 12. Sportingbet (UK): CCC to win, 11/2, 2 units. Returns 13. 12 units staked, return of 12 or 13 for a risk free 1 unit profit opportunity ( or at least there was at the time of writing ). I know some guys like this sort of thing so I wanted to pass on the info.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Just put minimum allowable stake on Jamaica at 100 ( 99/1 ) on Betfair during innings break. Probably all be over before the end of the power play if last night is anything to go by. But seeing the Thunder collapse today reminds me that unexpected things can happen, and I reckon they can and will happen in this comp.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Jamaica went from 38/1 in 4 ovs to 72 all out in 17.3 Barbados then 40/5 before coming home comfortably. CC&C v T@T another low scoring affair, took Trinidad 17 overs to chase 94. Must be an absolute pudding of a pitch in Port of Spain, think from now on I'll just look at laying low odds on teams chasing small totals, and also going against the runs market. Just hope can get some decent opportunities! Looks a great bet on T& T outright. They have so much more quality compared to the other teams and it really makes the difference at this standard. In the BBL the domestic players can mix it with the international players but here there is too much of a gap. Was really noticeable in the way Chanderpaul and Sarwan chased the total down the other night. Still hopeful that CC&C can get in the mix, ey have played probably the two best teams and their run rate shows they have been far from beaten up. Think they will do well against the other whipping boys! Could do with a nit of help from the weather though I think!

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Betting unders on runs looks a good plan. Only three innings so far have gone over 100 i think ? Bonner did top score for Jam last night in the end, although that wasn't hard. Perhaps i was being naive there on his price. I will back him next time i think and see what happens. Gayle can only come in to the Jam squad now to replace an injury, i read on cricinfo. Reckon the coach will be looking for volunteers for a broken thumb in the nets ! I cashed out my jamaica in play when Barbados were 40/5, made a small profit which i have staked on CC&C outright at 60 ( betfair ) for sport and a shared interest on the thread. I agree that they have not been disgraced thus far. I don't believe they are the worst team in it. If they can finish third for a chance to make the final then who knows ! With TnT, still a slight uncertainty for me about them losing their internationals for the odi series before the final. They are looking ok though i think for the time being. Hope they don't get complacent is all. Not sure what the games are tonight, will peruse after work.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 I didn't know The Windies would be calling players up before the end of the comp, that's a great catch. Trinidad would be seriously depleted surely? When you take the marquee players away from these teams they all become pretty ordinary. Will have more of a look in to it.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 I'm not sure what the exact situation is to be honest. They play aus in 1st odi on 1 feb, final of this t20 on 20 jan. have just checked the schedule section of the WI cricket boatd website. It gives the dates for the tour as 29th jan onwards. Surely they won't hold the players for 9 days beforehand ? I might email them and find out ! if you find anything out please would you post it up, would be appreciated ? Thank you.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Yeah I saw that too, match on the 29th. I can't see the Windies cricket board Making a mockery of their own domestic T20 by pulling all the star players out before the final, surely? though let's be honest ey have got previous when it comes to idiotic decision making. Meeting up and traveling will take at least two days, which cuts acclimatization and recovery time down to a thin line if they don't leave until the 21st or 22nd.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 T+T Most 6's - 4/6 Skybet Not the best odds but looks pretty easy this will come in. The quality difference in both of these teams is crazy. All the way down to No.7 on T+T can all very capable of hitting a 6. Leewards do have batters like Powell and Hughes who could clear the ropes but with the bowling quality of T+T (Narine, Bravo, Badree and Cooper), i think they could struggle here to get more than power hitting team like the one they're up against. T+T all the way here.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 CCC seem to have a solid opening pairing and against some very good bowlers for Guyana they smacked 50 off the first 6 overs. Against Trinidad they lost by only 4 runs. Which is to be expected really. I think 2/1 @ SkyBet for CCC highest first 6 overs against Windward Islands is value. I think they are underestimated, and although they probably wont win the match, they are more than capable of winning this market.

T+T Most 6's - 4/6 Skybet Not the best odds but looks pretty easy this will come in. The quality difference in both of these teams is crazy. All the way down to No.7 on T+T can all very capable of hitting a 6. Leewards do have batters like Powell and Hughes who could clear the ropes but with the bowling quality of T+T (Narine, Bravo, Badree and Cooper), i think they could struggle here to get more than power hitting team like the one they're up against. T+T all the way here.
Came home and some, great shout :clap Tanos - As you can see we are pretty pro-CC&C for our sins and agree with your reasoning there. Walton has scored 118 runs in two innings against a combined attack of Permaul, Bishoo, Badree, Narine and Bravo. If he sticks around for the first six then this has more than a chance. If he sticks around then I think they win the match. I think Trinidad and Guyana will take the top two spots but for could be anyones for the third place.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Never in doubt there, Wales - nice one ! I too like your reasoning, Tanos. Happy to follow on that one :) The students are 7/2 skybet for the win vs Windwards, i'll have another go on them with a point. Tonight could be their night against one of the less strong sides. Need a win tonight really to give the outright a hope. No reply yet from the WICB btw.

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 So I had a nibble on the CCC win, 7/2 Blue Square 1/10 and 1/10 on Tanos's nice pick above. Currently Windwards are 27/1 after 4 overs and they have gone off for rain. Hopefully the weather relents and we get a full game. Or perhaps CCC will benefit from some D/L shenanigans ! Guyana v Barbados will be an interesting one I think. Perhaps a Barbados win is the preferred result, would leave us with: Barb plyd 3 pts 12 TnT plyd 3 pts 9 Jam plyd 3 pts 5 Guy plyd 2 pts 4 CCC plyd 3 pts ?! WI plyd 2 pts ? LI plyd 2 pts 0 Idle speculation, we shall see.

Came home and some, great shout :clap Tanos - As you can see we are pretty pro-CC&C for our sins and agree with your reasoning there. Walton has scored 118 runs in two innings against a combined attack of Permaul, Bishoo, Badree, Narine and Bravo. If he sticks around for the first six then this has more than a chance. If he sticks around then I think they win the match. I think Trinidad and Guyana will take the top two spots but for could be anyones for the third place.
Like you guys I really am rooting for CC&C too, the rain around now could be very beneficial to their cause. For the later game I see BetVictor have 6/5 Barbados most 6's. I don't see Chanderpaul (even with some very inventive batting) hitting many, Deonarine only scored 1 against CC&C in his very good knock. Sarwan was still asleep. The Barbados top 3 have come out swinging so far so odds against is fine by me!

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Nice spot :) I've also just put a speculative point on Justin Braithwaite top Barbados batsman at 7/2 bet365. For similar reasons to your sixes pick really - if they come out throwing the bat then he seems like a chap who can do some damage, and he has taken this honour in both their first two games. See they are back on in the first game. 37/2 after six overs so we have a chance :hope

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Thoroughly agree Marshland! He looks classy when he bats too, so batting 14 or 15 overs is a real possibility. That's going on now I think. Have to say I'm happy with 37/2, I saw anything under 40 as a win so yep :hope

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Don't worry mate, I've well and truly thrown in the towel trying to predict anything pre match in this comp. Lucky for me the late games here are an 8am start for me and there has been a couple of low odds gubbings. Barbados were 1.12 to lay mid innings. Does anyone know what price Ccc were when 47/2?

Re: Caribbean T20 2013 Yes dont't worry at all. I thought they were both solid shouts. Braithwaite was nowhere close so apologies there. Losing Walton early was not what we / CCC needed. Don't know what prices were in play I'm afraid. Could well have been another nicely profitable lay. I keep thinking these scores of 130 odd are gettable but then the chasers make them look massive !