A Question for the ATR Mods!

Re: A Question for the ATR Mods! Ted, its not the role of a Moderator to direct the way the forum goes. Despite what many people may think the mods have very little input and prefer the members to create threads and come up with ideas for discussions. Our job is mainly to stick threads, get rid of spam, merge threads etc.. all the boring bits but if it wasn't done the place would look a mess and most of it goes on without anybody noticing it. A few ideas may be passed around behind the scenes but generally the site runs itself. 2012 saw a big change in the PL as a whole with a brand new design and some different aspects added, change doesn't suit some people and i can understand that but after some initial problems i think the majority are now used to the new site and i for one cant even remember what the old one looked like and we are now on a more reliable footing for the future which is the most important thing i think you will agree. Competitions are strong and Paul does his best to get us tickets and stuff for prizes all across the forum. We have tried to hold back on introducing anymore comps and gimmicky things as we decided we didn't want to go down that road and i reckon we have the right balance now. We will never please everyone and don't try too and for now the stability of the forum is important. One thing that did change was the title of the racing section and some people still use the 'ATR' bit, obviously that had to be dropped at some point due to copyright issues etc..but i like to think we just get on with it and as old faces disappear new blood comes through. At the end of the day its a forum for the members and they will dictate the way it goes long term, people say they want more discussion threads all the time and my answer to that is 'well start one then' and get people to contribute more, mods cant force that i'm afraid. It would be nice if some of the Racing guys could get to a meeting but this has been tried and the response was poor, maybe we could have another crack at that sometime. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.