BBOTD Wednesday 19th

cpo

2.25 Newbury Restless Harry win @ 11/4 Bet365 Restless Harry is interesting on his 3rd start this season having run terribly behind Tidal Bay over hurdles and then running well enough at Ascot behind Minella Class. He was a high-class hurdler with plenty of very good form to his name and did have 2 runs over fences last year. The form of them 2 races is very strong having finished placed behind both Join Together and Teaforthree who are favourites for this years Grand National and Welsh National respectively. He is another one that won’t mind the conditions having won on heavy ground a couple of times during his career. He was however quite disappointing last time out finishing 4th of 5 but would have been last had Shuil Royale not fallen. He also jumped out to his left at some fences, which is another worry but a return to a left-handed track may help. He does have form at Newbury over hurdles and he should come on for that run so I expect him to be involved. To me he is the most likely winner of this race and he does get 7lbs from his main market rivals, which is another, positive.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 19th 2.45 Ludlow - Dont Tell Sailor - 20/1 EW Paddy Power BOG This looks to be a good little race this but I dont think many of them will enjoy the ground conditions. Similarly the other two horses that I think could potentially be well handicapped have issues (Howards Legacy - Trip & Milo Milan - Jumping). The selection isnt entirely straight forward himself running poorly on his last chase start at Sandown, before two timid attempts back over hurdles. Normally this horse is a pretty decent jumper but he got it badly wrong at Sandown but that isnt necessarily surprising given the very testing nature of the fences there. When you look before them runs, this horse was progressing nicely & more importantly so were the opposition he was running against. He beat North Stack at Uttoxeter who is now rated 15lb higher, before placing to Rigadin De Beauchene who is 18lb higher now and then finally in his latest win, the 2nd placed Toby Belch was a close 5th off 4lb higher (first run back from a break). Therefore the form looks very solid, and providing there havent been any issues at home, I think 20-1 represents great value for a horse that has the conditions to continue his progression.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.