345 Wolves

Aykay1

THE VIOLIN PLAYER The trainer has found the key to this horse on its last 2 runs, being rewarded with 2 wins on the bounce. He will go close to making it a hatrick today assuming the same tactics are adopted (i dont see why they wouldnt be). Usually, the violin player would race as a front runner, or at least up with the pace. Richard Hughes gave some friendly advice to the trainer Colingridge, which has seemingly paid off (see below) Hughesy’ [Richard Hughes] said that if we stepped him up to a mile and a half and dropped him out he’d win, so we did just that and he’s come home like a machine - trainer, Hugh Collingridge Since the above quote, the horse has gone in again and over the same trip should go close again today. He is up in the weights but i'd like to think that is a fair reflection of how much the horse has improved as a result of the change in tactics so hopefully wont be a problem.

Re: 345 Wolves

1st Drawn 4 Golano 5E Ahern 7-1
8 7P Webber
Chased leader, led 2f out, ridden over 1f out, driven out Opened 9/1
2nd Drawn 12 nk The Violin Player (USA) 4T Quinn 11-2
8 10H Collingridge
Held up, switched left soon after start, headway 2f out, not clear run and switched left over 1f out, ridden and ran on inside final furlong Opened 4/1, touched
unlucky AK, cost me a few quid in dbles trebles etc. Good SP also.