Rugby League: Superleague X (round 2)

First of all apologies for this being up fairly late, it's unavoidable as the odds don't come out until thursday and this is the first chance i've had. There's 2 picks again: First off is warrington to beat a massive 24.5pts handicap at home to new boys leigh. I've been wrestling with this all morning trying to decide wether they can beat it or not and im now firmly convinced they can for a number of reasons. Firstly warrington put 24pts on London away from home last week and lost narrowly. London are going to nobodies mugs in superleague this year and i would expect Warrington to be able to easily multiply that score by 1.5-2 against leigh i.e. i expect them to score 36-48 points, especially after Leigh conceded 30 at home to Huddersfield. The biggest pointers though are coming from the Leigh side of things. I looked round various RL message boards last sunday and the comments on Leigh from other fans picked them out as amateurish, slow, unfit and dirty. They'll struggle to pick up a single win this season and this is going to be THE rude awakening! 2nd pick is wakefield to beat wigan. I was desperate not to back wakefield this week as some people might lay claims of bias against me. But a price of 2.24(betfair) convinced me. Wakefield have serious unfinished business with wigan. They were the last team to beat us at home and they put us out of the play-offs only by virtue of an incredibly dodgy video-refereeing decision. Aside from the subjective stuff wakefield now boast one of the most solid packs in the league. Korkidas, Griffin, Feather, Solomona and new boy O'neill are not only fearsome but fast and skillful. We now also have one of the best half-back pairings in SL in Jefferies and Rooney. It's no surprise to hear a lot of fans talk about this as one of the best Wakefield squads in living memory and definitely the best since the mid 60's. Wigan are clearly not the force they once were. They still have some incredibly gifted players, Radlinski and Newton to name just 2. However they are struggling with injuries at the minute. They lost Davico before he even played a game and the talismanic Farrell is out long term, GB winger Carney is also out. It's payback time:dude bank = 108.1pts 7pts Warrington (-24.5) @ 1.88 5pts wakefield @ 2.24

Re: Rugby League: Superleague X (round 2) Warrington are a great team with some terrific close season signings,Leigh could struggle all season. Oliver Wilkes suspended for Leigh wont help matters. Wakefield.....are going to pick the same team as last week with no injury worries,great win last week at Bradford 16 - 28 .Wigan scraped a low scoring win against Salford.....15 - 4 . Brett Dallas possibley out for Wigan,who are still missing Farrell ( injured ). So i will probably go for Warrington and Wakefield myself....( hope im not a jonah Paul ) :( Tonights match Leeds v St Helens.... Fancy a winning margin ( for Leeds ) of 6 / 10 and 11 / 15 odds of 5.25 and 6.25. Good start for both teams last week and i cant see there being much between the all season.

Re: Rugby League: Superleague X (round 2) I was tempted by the Leeds/saints fixture. I'm positive leeds will win, i also think that millward is close to the sack and things just haven't gone right since the betting scandal. Problem is Leeds are only 1.3 to win outright and the winning margin depends on which saints side turns up. Leeds will either smash them to smithereens like they did last year or there''ll just be a couple of points in it IMO. Thanks for the vote of confidence on the other 2:ok

Re: Rugby League: Superleague X (round 2) you ain't going to beleieve this win, i meant to put the money on them both before i left uni as i knew i had no access to the internet till tonight. Was smiling like a dog with two dicks all the way home from the mother in laws only to realise when i logged onto betfair that i'd forgot to put the fcukin bets on:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall Slightly soured what is otherwise a fantastic result. Wigan are special for me, they were the top dogs when i first got into rugby league, the first side i ever saw wakefield play and the second best win i've ever seen at belle-vue when we came form 12-2 down at half time to beat them 14-12. We are on the verge of something special this year, only trouble is going to be keeping Mcanally.

Re: Rugby League: Superleague X (round 2) bank = 108.1pts 7pts Warrington (-24.5) @ 1.88 :( 5pts wakefield @ 2.24 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Returns (after commision) = 10.64pts new bank = 106.75 Warrington limped home, but never got close to beating the handicap. Now need to decide if Leigh improved or if warrington aren't as good as they're made out to be. Reading the warrington fans site i think it may be the latter.

Re: Rugby League: Superleague X (round 2) Paul I'm interested and slightly confused by comment about millward being sacked. Despite being a southener i went to uni in sheffield and my housemate of 4 years was a massive saints fan and converted me. I have watched saints regularly ever since and millward is a demi god in st helens. Even the bitter old timers reckon he is the best coach saints have ever had and they are a team with some history. Millward will only go if he wants to go back to oz. Also it is generally accepted that saints will probably be the closest team to leeds this year. Hmmm all in all definitley a sacking situation ( note the sarcasam)

Re: Rugby League: Superleague X (round 2)

Also it is generally accepted that saints will probably be the closest team to leeds this year. Hmmm all in all definitley a sacking situation ( note the sarcasam)
It was also generally accepted last year that cas were too good to go down, wakefield were one season wonders and St.Helens were too good to finish 5th. Saints dived like jacques cousteau at the end of last season. They sold Gleeson to warrington whist holding onto long, (who is massively out of form). Believe me all is not well at saints, hasn't been since the betting scandal. Maybe you're right and they will come second, personally i very much doubt it. Anything outside the top 4 like last year and Millward will walk or be pushed.