BBOTD - Wednesday 14th of November

robertob

17.25 Kempton: Ihtifal @ 5/2 Paddy Power Ihtifal really showed a massive performance at Kempton two weeks ago. She bounced out of the gate and made it from the widest draw over to the inside to take the early lead. She set a brutal pace and had the whole field early enough under pressure. She still was able to kick on 2f out and looked a sure winner entering the final furlong but got a bit tired in the end and was overhauled by two closers eventually to finish only 3rd. There is not doubt that she would have won with a more sensible ride and rightly she went up 3lb in the mark for this effort, yet I think that won't stop her from winning tomorrow. She looks to have still a bit in hand in my mind and the drop back to 5f shouldn't cause any trouble. She has the speed no doubt and has a much better draw this time. She'll be very hard to beat.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 14th of November 200 Bangor On Dee – Alvarado 11/2 Betvictor BOG This looks a good little race considering the card and a fewshould have chances. I have decided to go with Alvarado as he looks aprogressive chaser having won 4 of his 5 completed starts. The form of his lastwin at Wetherby looks strong with the 3rd finishing a fairly close 4thin a Listed race of 132 and the 2nd & 4th both beingrated 128. I think this gelding should be better over this distance meaningthat a mark of 135 shouldn’t be too problematic. He has form on the ground andin this class & already has a run under his belt unlike some of his rivals.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.