Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football I am not new to the betting world. Where yourself and others are misunderstanding me is that I am, still, trying to direct you towards a conclusion that is relevant to the original question - can you make a living from betting. £3000 a month is a living. Therefore, profit is all that matters. I know people enjoy getting pedantic about ROT, POT etc etc and many other weird and wonderful things because it gives the illusion of control. I'll say again that the more volume you put into one market the less your margin. You cannot argue with this, it is a fact. "as long as a book allows me to stake 250 pounds per bet/ 4 bets per day," What's the phrase? If only my Auntie had bollocks she'd be my Uncle? Pinns will happily accomodate you for however much you want. But you will not have an ROI of anything over a few percent long term with those stakes. Hypothetical argument is hearsay, I am telling you from experience. The more I read the posts in the thread the more I think the posters are very well versed in theory but not at all experienced in actually getting large sums down over a sustained period and analysing their returns.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football

Not if you are winning. In fact' date=' in my experience, if you bet that amount with one bookmaker, they will limit your stake even if you lose!! II'm guessing you are a football punter. I can only talk from a horse racing point of view. Good Luck to you either way.[/quote'] Yes, The Saint. Mostly only high liquid soccer, tennis, baseball and hockey matches

Pinns will happily accomodate you for however much you want. But you will not have an ROI of anything over a few percent long term with those stakes. Hypothetical argument is hearsay, I am telling you from experience.
Yes, I know pinnacle will allow high stakes. What you are saying about ROI is wrong I can keep a steady ROI at minimum of 107% under ANY market conditions

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football So which books are giving you £1000 bets each day whilst remaining a consistent winner with such high take outs? Because there are people paying good money (PAYING money) just to get bets on. You could make a good living renting out these seemingly limitless accounts. Unless you are an insider or a shark, I have to doubt you.

I'll say again that the more volume you put into one market the less your margin. You cannot argue with this, it is a fact.
Please enlighten us how that works then. Please keep it simple for us mere mortals :eyes

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football And please, stop saying there's something wrong with ROI, or this or that. Tell me there;s something wrong with the fundamentals of what I am saying - the main points I am making - and then we will have an interesting conversation.

So which books are giving you £1000 bets each day whilst remaining a consistent winner with such high take outs? Because there are people paying good money (PAYING money) just to get bets on. You could make a good living renting out these seemingly limitless accounts. Unless you are an insider or a shark, I have to doubt you.
There are still few good books who don't limit hard.....

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football You don't get it this neither.....GREED KILLS....stick to a limit even if you win... Don't think ooh.. I'm winning...I WANT MORE...thats USELESS.... As long as you stick to a limit they won't hit you hard

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football Really? Well send me a PM. Myself and a few people who spend a lot of time and money trying to get on at top price will pay you good money to let us use your account. (and I bet it gets shut in 2 days)

Oh dear, pedantics again. Ok - the more volume you get matched... Better?
How does the more I get matched lessen my margin eg 100 on 2.00 returns 200 100% profit 200 on 2.00 returns 400 100% profit How has my 'margin' been lessened by being matched for more money? Give a mathematical example. To say I am intrigued is an understatement, a wondrous new episode in the mathematics of gambling awaits.:ok

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football It has very little to do with mathematics now and almost everything to do with how a market works. Trust me, if I could command the same return no matter how much I put in and I got matched I would be a millionaire. Actually, I'd be a billionaire. Like I said...actually try it - you'll see. Try putting £60,000 in a market where only £1000 is normally matched. See what happens. Try putting £700,000 in a market where only £70,000 is normally matched. See what happens. Those two ludicrous examples can then be scaled as far down as you like until you have something realistic. You bet on both sides of the spread, obviously. If you don't, you give away value and nobody does that intentionally. Of course, all this is nonsense if you think that more people are prepared to take poor value for larger stakes. But that isn't even worth talking about, it doesn't happen.

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football Ok, nice and simple. You make the price 2.00. You can realistically expect to get £2 matched at 2.18 some of the time. You make the price 2.00 You can not realistically expect to get £2000 matched at 2.18 You can realistically expect to get £2000 matched at 2.02 You can realistically expect to get £10000 matched at 2.01

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football Well here's me expecting some mathematical revelation that would even make Steven Hawking blow a fuse and thats the best you can come up with SIGH! :sad Dear oh dear oh dear. Cant get 60k bets here... Cant get 70k bets on there.:( Cant get 2k on @ 2.18 on a even money shot.:( Whats the world coming too, its a travesty. I'd blame the Torys if I were you, thats what most people do when things dont go to plan. I bet the even money that you want about Frankel has gone as well :loon

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football It was an example to illustrate a point. And your reply is hardly earth shattering. You asked me to give you an example and I did. Like I said, all theoretical knowledge, no working knowledge. If you reckon you can get the same volume matched at 2.01 about a 2.00 that you can a 2.18 about a 2.00 then you've never attempted it more than a few times.

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football It's pretty obvious to anybody with experience with betting markets that what sand is saying is correct. Larger markets are more efficient so it is hard to get a lot of action with a big edge

Are you guys purely just talking about the exchanges? I don't understand the point myself about not being able to put £60k or £70k on because of a lack of liquidity. And when you use bookies and matched in the same sentence I get confused. Surely if you want to get £70k or £60k on you would just split your stake between multiple bookmakers, or use the Asians, or use a broker like Asian connect? Don't understand the point tbh, and what markets are you betting on that only have a few grand matched? I also think efficient is the wrong word as you're talking about fluidity? The ability to place 100% of your required stake in markets where liquidity is high.

Re: Practical steps to earning £3,000 per month from betting on football I'm talking about Betfair because the original poster asks about the reality of making a living betting/trading. You will easily get £5 matched at 50.00 about a 36.00 shot. You will not get £1000 matched at 50.00 about a 36.00 shot. It's a fact of life, not just betting markets. If you think otherwise then you should speak to some of the large multi nationals, some of the large investors. Because they all seem to think that the larger you become the smaller your margins, if you know otherwise you've got a few trillion coming your way. A good way to illustrate the point would be to analyse the accounts of some successfull traders. You will find that it may look like this: Year Turnover POT 1 £100,000 6% 2 £400,000 5% 3 £1.2m 1% 4 £8m 0.5% 5 £16m 0.1%

I listed some practical steps on the first page before we got bogged down.
U did m8 - It would be good to have a thread that concentrated on 'that' sort of thing though - I now how it goes though - threads go all over the place - completely normal. Just think it's got a touch advanced a bit quick! No worries