** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

MLB: Playoff Picks 2012

AGurv

Re: MLB: Playoff Picks 2012 Cardinals (m/l) 4pts @ 2.28 BlueSq This is a Game 7, with a World Series place the not inconsiderate prize at stake - the ultimate win or go home outwith the WS itself. Which team will, literally, step up to the plate, which batter will make the clutch RBI, which pitcher will make the perfect 3-2 slider? The bookies have the Giants as favourites, so, at the odds, I like the Cards. Lohse beat out Cain in Game 3; the Giants are 0-5 in Game 7s in their history, the Cardinals are 11-4; the Cardinals were the most ridiculously clutch team ever, probably, last post-season, and they showed the exact same qualities in Washington in the divisional series when 1 strike from elimination. I'll take the club who have proved they never know when they are beaten St Louis to win the World Series - 2pts @ 5.50 BetVictor Giants to win the World Series - 2pts @ 4.00 Betfred The NL teams are overpriced to triumph, whichever advances, over the Tigers in the World Series. The NL team will have have the advantage of the first 2 games on home turf, and 4 of the 7 if it goes that far, whilst both have recent 'history' - the Cards won it in 2011 and 2006, the Giants won it in 2010. Basically taking the Giants as a cover for tonight's Cards bet, as I think whichever of the NL teams that advance can outduel the Tigers and win the WS

Re: MLB: Playoff Picks 2012 World Series. 0-0 (0.00) Tigers @ Giants (GM 1.) -I apologize about the late notice. I will be backing the over in this match. The main reason being B. Zito, the Giants have won his last 13 starts providing strong run support. In those 13 games they've averaged 6.15 runs per game. In the regular season they provided 4.69, post season 6.50. Verlander is an absolute monster however, he hasn't pitched in a number of days and might be rusty enough to giev up one or two runs. Factor into the game that the home umpire G. Davis is notorious for having a very tight strike zone (9 runs per game behind the plate) I'll take my chances. Over 6' (-1.08) 2.16 to win 2.00. Good Luck.

Re: MLB: Playoff Picks 2012 Good luck, Flowers :ok Giants (m/l) 2.88pts @ 2.55 Bet365 Giants to win World Series 4-0 0.5pts @ 29.00 Hills Giants to win World Series 4-1 1.25pt @ 13.00 Ladbrokes There's been 3 previous occasions when a team has won their Conference Series in 7 games, and went on to face a side who swept their Conference Series and had been sitting 'idle' whilst the other was playing out. The Dodgers in 1988, the Cardinals in 2006 and the Red Sox in 2007 each then won the first World Series game, before going on to comfortably win the WS 4-1, 4-1 and 4-0 respectively. ---------- 2012 record: 89-121 (+37.63) Still running Giants to win the World Series - 2pts @ 4.00 >Betfred

Re: MLB: Playoff Picks 2012

Giants (-2.5) 1pt @ 4.90 Bet365
2-0 :eyes Outstanding pitching from Bumgarner and Fister (has there ever been a more unfortunately named matchup :lol) I had been tempted by the 3.25 for -1.5, but felt the extra 1.65pts was decent enough value for there being 1 more run. ---------- 2012 record: 90-122 (+39.34) Still running Giants to win the World Series - 2pts @ 4.00 >Betfred Giants to win World Series 4-0 0.5pts @ 29.00 >Hills Giants to win World Series 4-1 1.25pt @ 13.00 Ladbrokes

2-0 :eyes Outstanding pitching from Bumgarner and Fister (has there ever been a more unfortunately named matchup :lol) I had been tempted by the 3.25 for -1.5, but felt the extra 1.65pts was decent enough value for there being 1 more run. ---------- 2012 record: 90-122 (+39.34) Still running Giants to win the World Series - 2pts @ 4.00 >Betfred Giants to win World Series 4-0 0.5pts @ 29.00 >Hills Giants to win World Series 4-1 1.25pt @ 13.00 Ladbrokes
possibly only if the guy they traded for him charlie furbush were to ever start against him. wish you luck with the giants......have them doubled with their new york counterparts to win the superbowl february gone so been rolling on for a while!!!! looking mighty fine now....i think they win tomorrow and then anything is possible re the sweep Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: MLB: Playoff Picks 2012 World Series. 1-0 (+2.00) Giants @ Tigers (GM4) -I could spew stats for days on the Tigers having a hard time scoring runs during the series but, you could look them all up on your own. I'll back Cain who I feel is the better pitcher in this match and his squad with big mo' on there side to close it out. Giants (+1.36) 2.50 to win 3.40. Good Luck!