A League > 5 - 7 October

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 5 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Melbourne Victory v Melbourne Heart (10:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 6 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wellington Phoenix v Sydney FC (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.47 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Central Coast Mariners (10:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 7 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newcastle United Jets v Adelaide United (05:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Perth Glory v Brisbane Roar (07:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: A League > 5 - 7 October I've been eagerly awaiting the new A-League season, it's finally here :) Very tough to start off with, and always quite risky in the opening rounds. Initially I like the odds on a Victory win and also overs in the derby, but am very hesitant at this stage.

Re: A League > 5 - 7 October Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne Heart A derby day opening match.What a good way to kick of the season in my opinion.Etihad stadium will definately be rocking & i think home support will be very important in this clash. Ange Postecoglou comes to the Victory following 2 titles with the Brisbane Roar & will definately try to stamp his authority on this team by playing his style of possesion football & attack.He has made some good signings in Flores & Finkle. Heart will definately be in transition.Losing a clutch of players such as (Curtis Good, Brendan Hamill, Eli Babalj and Adrian Zahra).Their pre season loss to perth glory 5-0 would not have done their confidence much good.So there is really a tough job on hand for aloisi.Really think Victory will try to exploits Heart's defensive frailties.Just be cautious that this is a season opener & no one really knows the form these 2 teams are in or how Heart is going to set themselves up over the course of the season. Melbourne Victory -0.5 @ $2.05 betinternet.com (Low stakes)

Re: A League > 5 - 7 October Melbourne Victory @ 2.09 pinnacle Like the Victory to win their opening game against their city rivals as they look the more settled of the two sides. They have brought in Postecoglou from Brisbane, who was instrumental in making them the best team of the last two years and with four months to work with them, like them to be dominant first up here. The Heart have gone with a former player, in his first coaching job, and doubt that he has the nous to match it up with Postecoglou. They have lost several key players and look weaker than last year. Should be a very good atmosphere but given the coaching and player changes over the off-season, the Victory look much more settled and ready to win first up

Re: A League > 5 - 7 October Melbourne Victory @ 2.00 Bet365 to go with my gut and back the Victory here. They have a quality bunch of players to pick from and have replaced a number of the older members with some younger talent. Flores is an excellent pick up for the Victory and equally important as the appointment of Postecoglou. I really do think he'll have a huge effect on their confidence, and I think we'll see a much improved style of football from them, perhaps not a carbon copy of what the Roar were doing, but definitely an improvement on last season. Heart haven't impressed me in the off season and have lost a few key players like others have mentioned in the thread already, their replacements aren't fantastic, coupled with the fact that it's Aloisi's first season in charge. I definitely fancy the victory here.

Re: A League > 5 - 7 October

Melbourne Victory @ 2.00 Bet365 :eyes to go with my gut and back the Victory here. They have a quality bunch of players to pick from and have replaced a number of the older members with some younger talent. Flores is an excellent pick up for the Victory and equally important as the appointment of Postecoglou. I really do think he'll have a huge effect on their confidence, and I think we'll see a much improved style of football from them, perhaps not a carbon copy of what the Roar were doing, but definitely an improvement on last season. Heart haven't impressed me in the off season and have lost a few key players like others have mentioned in the thread already, their replacements aren't fantastic, coupled with the fact that it's Aloisi's first season in charge. I definitely fancy the victory here.
Poor start for me, but that's the risk you take with the opening round. I still think Victory have a fantastic squad, the right coach, and everything else in place to push for a much better season. It may just take a few more rounds to gel and bring everything together. Not sure if anything else takes my fancy this round? Mariners should get up, they are a great side and should have too much for the new boys. And surely some goals in the grand final rematch? or red cards? lol.

Re: A League > 5 - 7 October

Melbourne Victory @ 2.09 :eyes
Victory's defending was diabolical. Trying to play out from the back when under alot of pressure and getting caught square - they will concede many more goals than they did last night. Might be a good idea to fade them over the nest few weeks. Sydney @ 3.00 sportsbet Even with the addition of Del Piero, there was alot of talk coming out of the Sydney camp that this will be a big year for them. They have gotten rid of some dead wood and brought in some good players who are going to play a more up-tempo game with quicker movement of the ball into the forwards compared to the slow, patient build up of the past that often allowed teams to easily get numbers behind the ball. With ADP playing, they have a top player who can bring other players into the game, and despite his age, is reported to be fit and able for this game. Wellington's defence is the same, but they look like they will lack creativity in the midfield and up front, besides Ifill,and their more workmanlike approach should be countered by Sydney. Like Sydney here to start off well as the presence of ADP should be a difference as well as Lovrek up front who issaid to be similar to Berisha in his movement off the ball as well as his touch on the ball 0-1 (-1.00)

Re: A League > 5 - 7 October Newcastle Jets Vs Adelaide Don't really know much about Newcastle jets other then Bernardo Ribeiro & Heskey.Heskey has signed for them & he will definately be a handful on his day.Whether he is up to match fitness is another story all together.Adelaide will definately be very tired from their game vs Bunyodkor.The game went into extra time & they played most of the extra time with 10 men.So they willl definately be carry some fatigue & jetlag into this match.I am jst going to have a go Newcastle winning this game due to the fact that Adelaid will not be adequately prepared for this game & physically not at their best. Newcastle HW @ $2.10