** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tottenham v Aston Villa > Sun 7 October

Re: Tottenham v Aston Villa > Sun 7 October *Tottenham WIN @ 1.50 Betfair* Very hard to look past Spurs here. They got a terrific win at Old Trafford last weekend, and have won 3 on the trot, Villas Boas seems to be doing a lot better now than he was doing at the start of the season, Dembele has been a great player so far for them. Defoe has been very good up front also, they do look shaky at the back, but still should have too much for Villa. Villa are pretty rubbish. Apart from knocking City out of the cup, their season has been abysmal. They have only won 1 game from 6, they are very boring to watch, they are poor at the back and have no cutting edge in midfield or going forward. Paul Lambert is under a lot of pressure, and 1.5 is a fair price for Spurs.

Re: Tottenham v Aston Villa > Sun 7 October Second half highest scoring half @ 2.00 /w Bet365 With Tottenham really beginning to get into their stride under the new Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas, they really are a team to be reckoned with at the moment. I know it's a little too early to be guessing which teams will make it into the top four this season, but I really fancy Tottenhams chances. Don't get me wrong though, there's no doubt in my mind that they were lucky to walk away with all three points last week after a final half an hour onslaught from Man United, but they held it together and came out victorious. Unfortunately, there's no value in a straight win this time round so I've had to really dig deeper to try find something a little more worth. After a little searching around though, I've decided to go with the the second half to be the highest scoring half. The second half has been the highest scoring half for all but one of Spurs’ matches this campaign whilst Villa’s last three matches have followed the same trend.

Re: Tottenham v Aston Villa > Sun 7 October Over 3.5 @ 2.62 sportsbet Tottenham have hit winning form, as they have won their last 3 games and scored at least two goals (8 in total) in winning these games. However their defence has conceded in each of their 6 games, including their three home games, so like Aston Villa to score here, as they have also shown some improvement with a win and two draws in their last four games. They have scored in 5 of their 6 games but they have also conceded in 5 of their 6 games, and given Spurs goalscoring of late, then can see them conceding once again. Should be an open game with Bent in particular looking to score against his old club while Bale and Defoe have also been amongst the goals

Paul lambert seems to have left bent out again. I don't understand what's going on there, as he seems to have signed quite a few ordinary players and is content with pissing off their best player. Doesn't make sense to me. I'd take spurs on a handicap but I don't like them on short priced favourites, and there is still the worry with Spurs that they may create chance after chance and not hit the net. So I agree that 1.50 on the home win seems fair to me because Villa look there for the taking at the minute.

Re: Tottenham v Aston Villa > Sun 7 October

*Tottenham WIN @ 1.50 Betfair* Very hard to look past Spurs here. They got a terrific win at Old Trafford last weekend, and have won 3 on the trot, Villas Boas seems to be doing a lot better now than he was doing at the start of the season, Dembele has been a great player so far for them. Defoe has been very good up front also, they do look shaky at the back, but still should have too much for Villa. Villa are pretty rubbish. Apart from knocking City out of the cup, their season has been abysmal. They have only won 1 game from 6, they are very boring to watch, they are poor at the back and have no cutting edge in midfield or going forward. Paul Lambert is under a lot of pressure, and 1.5 is a fair price for Spurs.
:beer