** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Just One Goal.

JdsGooner90

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Just One Goal. Oh god, we're off again. :eyes Sorry to be harsh here guys, but..........................rush jobs just don't cut the ice. If you're going to go hell for leather on a record attempt then the starting stake should be kept low as the numbers are the prime target and not the money. If it's money you're after then by all means increase the starting bank but take a little more time instead of forcing the bets at every opportunity. There's a bullet to be dodged around every corner, even in the 'safer' leagues where more is known about the clubs, hence the more careful bets. You know you're on sticky ground when some of the selections can't even be pronounced easily. I assume you are both still enjoying the 'battle' as such. Think how much more enjoyable it will be with a longer run that has a little more thought about it. One last thing I have to mention { yes I do go on a bit, but that's just experience from my end being used to help the 'apprentices' along the highway }. I've not yet heard anyone use the term 'gut feeling' about the selection process. If I'm being honest it's probably foremost in my thoughts when making the decision. You can't really have a gut feeling for a game that is so far 'left field' that you couldn't find it on a map. I think I'll go and have a lie down now to recover.............:lol

Lol, i understand evrything you say but i dont think ill be able to have the patience you do and bet on like 4 games a week, if theres a game to bet on which looks likely for goals ill find it hard not to bet. Maybe i could just bet on europe only but ill probably even find that too hard to do

Re: Just One Goal.

Lol' date=' i understand evrything you say but i dont think ill be able to have the patience you do and bet on like 4 games a week, if theres a game to bet on which looks likely for goals ill find it hard not to bet. Maybe i could just bet on europe only but ill probably even find that too hard to do[/quote'] With age comes experience. I'm hoping you get there before I did as it will save you a few quid. The internet was my salvation as it showed me the way. I was in the local bookies from the age of 13 and there was only commentary over the radio.