Villa v WBA 30th September 2012

staffy

I don't envy villa here. An in form West Brom team is not what they wanted. I think opposing villa is the way forward here. Villa have never been that unbeatable at home anyway, and I think given the derby factor of this fixture there will just be too much pressure and expectation surrounding them. They had a good win against Swansea, but some of their defending against Southampton was atrocious. West Brom have looked exceptional so far, and certainly have the players capable of causing this villa side problems. They've lost a lot of quality players over the last few seasons and haven't replaced them. They have signed a lot of ordinary players, with maybe Benteke being the standout.

Re: Villa v WBA 30th September 2012 *Under 2.5 Goals - 2 Points @ 1.98 Betfair* Again, very good odds here, would have backed it at anything above 1.85.. Lambert is under a lot of pressure at the moment, so i think it is vital that Villa don't lose this game, or he could be in line for the chop, those Villa fans are very impatient. 3 of their last 5 games have gone under so the odds look good. West Brom played very well in their last match to beat Reading 1-0, but they looked poor in front of goal, not being able to convert some excellent chances, which is another reason i fancy the unders in this match. 3 of West Brom's last 5 games have also gone under, and i think this could easily be a game with only 1 goal in it.

Re: Villa v WBA 30th September 2012 Before I start I have looked around all the forums and threads and I couldnt find an answer to my question.I'm also in full knowledge that this is isnt the thread for my question.So if everyone can bear with me for a second I would very much appreciate it. The question is : I've placed a bet tonite of 5 matches and choose the trebles (3lü) option and paid approx. 4 £ for it and I won 35 £ from it. What I couldnt understand is THE CALCULATION of the bet. The photo of the bet is below.Thanks to especially the Moderator and to everyone else for their http://www.flickr.com/photos/60308516@N03/8028090958/

Re: Villa v WBA 30th September 2012 Aston Villa Draw no bet @ 1.80 Stanjames (4 points) I think there is some value on Villa here and will be taking them with some draw cover. Villa are certainly a strange one at the moment and I can't see them having a great season. They have had a lot of young players coming through and you would have thought that a few good experienced pros would have been the order of the day for their summer signings. Instead Lambert bought a number of unproven youngsters from the lower leagues. It's certainly a gamble. Benteke was their biggest purchase and he could prove to be a good one. He seems to have the physical attributes to partner Bent and if that partnership takes off, it could be the saviour for Villa's season. They potentially look a dangerous pairing and they will be the key here if they are to beat West Brom. The Baggies have had a good start to the season and their home record is excellent. It's not quite so impressive on the road though. In their 2 away games to date they drew 1-1 against Spurs but I think they were lucky in that they caught Spurs at a good time. If they played that match tomorrow I'm not sure if they would manage the same result. In their other away game they lost 3-0 at Fulham. Liam Ridgewell could be out for this match and with the back up also injured, we could see a centre half having to play at left back for them. In villas 2 home games they have lost against an in form Everton and won against Swansea. The 6/4 on them just looks too big against a West Brom side who are excellent at home but not quite as impressive on the road. As such I will be backing Villa on the draw no bet market as I fancy their chances to get at least a point from the game.

Re: Villa v WBA 30th September 2012 This is my first post here, so I hope it's a good one haha. I think it would be fair to point out that the last time that WBA kept a clean sheet in an away match in the Premier League goes back to April against a struggling Liverpool side (0-1). And before that, WBA failed to keep a clean sheet for fifteen away matches in a row. Of course, Clarke did strengthen up the defense but he still likes to play attacking football and that's where WBA's main threat is. Odemwingie will be a miss but the likes of players like Lukaku and Long are capable of scoring a goal. We can all see that Lambert likes to play attacking as well and Villa is vulnerable at the back as well. Just one clean sheet against a really weak Swansea at the time is not very impressive. So I'd say BTTS, 1.73 is a bit short but still worth a shot for me. I might go for the over as well, odds are looking good for two teams with weak defenses and a strong front line. BTTS @ 1.73 (BetFred) Over 2.5 goals @ 1.95 (Pinnacle)

Re: Villa v WBA 30th September 2012 Well, since I'm not able to edit my post because I don't have 20 posts yet I have to do a double post, I'm sorry. I'd like to add that the WBA defense isn't that bad regarding their three clean sheets, but they were all in home matches. Away from home they seem different, so that's why I think Aston Villa will be able to score at least one goal against WBA.

Re: Villa v WBA 30th September 2012 Hi Guys, Here are my thoughts on this weekends game. I would strongly favour there to be a few goals in this one, with each team having very good striking options in Lukaku & Long for West Brom and Darren Bent for Aston Villa as has been said. Villa have had a very shaky start to the season losing three of their five games so far and this is the sort of game to get their season up and running, a derby game against the Baggies. The fans will be demanding a result at home in this one and will look to go out and attack their opponents from the off this however could quite easily play into West Brom's hands with a strike force easily capable of breaching Villa's poor defence. Villa lost 4-1 to Southampton in their last game which is a poor result considering they were leading 1-0 and just goes to show their defensive frailties. As for West Brom they have had a brilliant start to their campaign collecting 10 points from their five fixtures so far. Wins against Liverpool, Everton & Reading at home, but it has been on the road where they have conceded goals and lost 3-0 away at Fulham in their last away premier league match so they are vulnerable to defensive mishaps away from the Hawthorns. Interestingly 6 of the last 8 meetings between these two teams have ended up in 2-1 scorelines, so over 2.5 goals looks a good bet. Also their have been sendings off in two of the last four meetings between the sides and in a derby game there is a good chance of this occuring again. Villa also have a very good record down the years against WBA. Overall I feel their is definite value in backing Aston Villa to win @ 7/5 with Bet365. Other notable picks for this match would be: Over 2.5 goals @ 19/20 BTTS @ 4/6 Villa to win 2-1 @ 8/1

Re: Villa v WBA 30th September 2012 It is a derby, probably not so hot, however i think it is time to villa to have some wins under their belt. I will not be on sign of this match today, but i think that Villa will snatch it 2.1. WBA is in the form of their life, but on the Villa side i suppose we should find more fierceness, passion to deliver 3 points at home. they will have 2 consecutive away hard fixtures against resurgeant Spurs and an hostic Fulham side .A draw is in the air but i think that 2,4 is worth a try, for whose has i think this is a perfect match for a 025AH or a DNB. GL!!

Re: Villa v WBA 30th September 2012 4pts West Brom to beat Aston Villa 21/10 Boylesports West Brom look to be in the better form coming into this match and man for man I would say they are probably the better side. I like their organisation and in Shane Long they have a man who can score goals. Defensively they have done ok too. Villa are a very young side who look to be getting used to Paul Lambert’s style and depending on how long that takes they could struggle all season. I certainly think they’ll struggle here and given the form of the Baggies so far I think they are good value to win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/aston-villa-vs-west-brom-betting-west-brom-can-consolidate-their-fine-start-with-villa-park-win

Re: Villa v WBA 30th September 2012 At the prices I'd be tempted to side with Aston Villa here to be honest. I know West Brom have had a good start to the season and Aston Villa still look a team in transition under Lambert with a lot of new players in the squad. But all things considered I don't think there's a big difference between the two teams. You'd also have to think Aston Villa will take great confidence from their midweek win at Man City. In addition the Villa Park support seems very much behind new manager Lambert as oppose to the general discontent under McLeish. Over 2.5 goals available at Evens (Ladbrokes) also makes some appeal considering West Brom games always seem to have plenty of goals and Lambert never sets teams out defensively, only risk I suppose is that it terms into a scrappy game which can happen in derby style games.

Re: Villa v WBA 30th September 2012

*Under 2.5 Goals - 2 Points @ 1.98 Betfair* Again, very good odds here, would have backed it at anything above 1.85.. Lambert is under a lot of pressure at the moment, so i think it is vital that Villa don't lose this game, or he could be in line for the chop, those Villa fans are very impatient. 3 of their last 5 games have gone under so the odds look good. West Brom played very well in their last match to beat Reading 1-0, but they looked poor in front of goal, not being able to convert some excellent chances, which is another reason i fancy the unders in this match. 3 of West Brom's last 5 games have also gone under, and i think this could easily be a game with only 1 goal in it.
Needed that one!

West brom + 0.25 @ 1.82 - bet365. Reasoning above. I just feel WBA are good value to get something from this game because of the derby factor, the fact they're playing better football than Villa, and I believe in some areas, WBA have better players than Villa.
Half win, half loss. I'll be impressed if Paul lambert lasts 18 months at villa. Also, good stuff aidy! Seems like you're enjoying the overs / unders market lately :)

Half win, half loss. I'll be impressed if Paul lambert lasts 18 months at villa. Also, good stuff aidy! Seems like you're enjoying the overs / unders market lately :)
I got a bit carried away today, going into the Italian league, which i should not have done. I thought some of the Italian games would go under, like they normally do, but today was a freak day........ Went under in the Real Madrid game @ 3.75, might be daft but thought it was a tad big? Enjoying it so far, Bolton let me down for an Over 2.5 eightfold yesterday, so yip i am really enjoying it at the moment Jase. Unucky with your bet by the way, and agree about Lambert.

I got a bit carried away today' date=' going into the Italian league, which i should not have done. I thought some of the Italian games would go under, like they normally do, but today was a freak day........ Went under in the Real Madrid game @ 3.75, might be daft but thought it was a tad big? Enjoying it so far, Bolton let me down for an Over 2.5 eightfold yesterday, so yip i am really enjoying it at the moment Jase. Unucky with your bet by the way, and agree about Lambert.[/quote'] 18 months is a long time in football these days you'd have to say, but I reckon they will give him a chance. That spirit he injected into the team you saw in today's match is what Villa fans will want to see. Half win half refunded!