** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Reading v Newcastle 29th September 2012

staffy

Re: Reading v Newcastle 29th September 2012 Newcastle +0 (AH) @ 1.80 Bet365 (4 points) Im slightly wary of this bet because I'm conscious that the Royals are going to get off the mark sooner or later. But with the draw cover I think the price is too good on Newcastle to ignore. I'm quite curious on exactly how the Toon are being priced here. Because they aren't getting priced up like a Liverpool, Spurs or Everton. And I think that's the category you have to be putting them in. Liverpool are getting priced odds on away at a more established Norwich while Toon are 6/4 at bottom of the league, newly promoted Reading. Ok, the Toon have a few injuries but you get my drift. They have a good side with good strikers and they will finish top 8 this season. Reading will be bottom 5. I watched Reading's first game of the season and wasn't impressed and since then I've looked to oppose them where the price is right. They are a threat of set pieces and Pog is a striker who will score you goals which is a massive plus for them. They aren't so bad they are going to be getting beat every week or anything like that and you can sure they will start to pick up a few home wins. If the price on Newcastle was lower I would have avoided this one. But it's not and as such I just have to take them. Ba and Cisse will cause the Royals defence all sorts of problems and I think this Toon side will just be a step to high for them.

Re: Reading v Newcastle 29th September 2012 Totally agree with the above, when initially looking at the game my initial instinct was away win but risky Did not expect to see Newcastle @ 6/4 though which is value as is 4/5 with full draw cover. Reading struggled against Spurs and while like the above poster I think they will get off the mark soon, they could struggle against a very good Newcastle side. Demba Ba has started the season in fine form along with Ben Arfa and importantly Papa Cisse who had such a prolific campaign last year finally got off the mark for the season last night at Old Trafford and came very close with a terrific overhead kick.

Re: Reading v Newcastle 29th September 2012 Hi Lads, First post so go easy on me. As a Reading fan and season ticket holder I thought I would give you my thoughts and views on the game, while it would be easy to dismiss the Royals chances without a moments thought. I believe there is a chance Reading could turn the tide in this match, we got a decent victory in the league cup in midweek away at QPR who played a near full strength team. Two of the Royals most influential players of last season could be back fit for the weekend in Jimmy Kebe & Jason Roberts, this will give us more of a boost, also confidence will definitely be higher knowing we come off the back of a win. Reading recruited Danny Guthrie from Newcastle in the summer and he has been one of the Royals stand out players so far this season and he will be eager to prove why they shouldn't have let him leave. Alan Pardew returns to the Madejski once again, this will be his third visit back to a place he once called home. Unfortunately for him on the previous two occasions he has lost both times whilst manager of West Ham and his overall record against Reading as a manager is poor losing 3 out of 4 games played. As for Newcastle they are a strong team with Demba Ba in fine form scoring 4 in his last 5 premier league appearances but they are yet to gain a win on the road so far this season. Newcastle's away record at the Royals also makes for poor reading with only one win in their last five visits, and with their captain Fabricio Collocini a doubt for them this could help the Royals in their quest for a first premier league victory. Having said that I feel Newcastle's fire power should get them a goal and possibly nick something from the game. I will therefore be backing Reading DNB @ Evens with Bet365. Good luck to everyone betting this weekend.

Re: Reading v Newcastle 29th September 2012 Reading v Newcastle 4pts Newcastle win @ 2.55 Betvictor Just really cannot see Reading getting anything here, think there going to really struggle this season. Newcastle will have Tiote and Coloccini back in the starting line up and they were both key in last seasons campaign and with these 2 added back in the Newcastle line up it looks very decent. Cisse finally got off the mark against Man U midweek and this should kick start his season, with Ba already in the goals these 2 will be hard to stop from a Reading defense that has conceded 9 in 4 this season. Not really much more to say i think Reading will have to be very lucky and have a few decisons go there way to get anything here.

Re: Reading v Newcastle 29th September 2012 Colo unfortunately doesn't make the squad, after playing 60 odd minutes midweek on his return. He isn't quite ready. Krul and surprisingly Cabaye ( tooth problem) also don't travel with the team. So I would Imagine AP will partner Tiote beside Anita for the first time. The return of Cheick is massive boost for us. When he plays, He sets the tempo. Performances wise, We have been very underwhelming. However, points wise, Compared to this stage last year. We are only 1 point adrift. Throw in the injuries and extra games (Europa) we aren't doing too badly. Under Pardiola, We have became resilient. Tough to play against, installed this belief that, Even if we are being dominated, We hang on in, Believe that we will get our opportunity. With Cisse, Arfa and Ba lurking, We have goals. I really cant see us losing this. We prioritised this game ahead of the midweek League cup. We made wholesale changes against Man Utd- Harper, Santoon, Taylor, Jonas, Anita, Arfa, Ba and Cisse (got 20 mins) thats 8 players that will feature tomorrow. I'm sure I saw Reading fielding first team players against Qpr? So fitness wise, We should hold an advantage and we obviously have the better players. 2-1 Toon Win. Draw wouldn't surprise me, Defo can't see us getting beat.

Re: Reading v Newcastle 29th September 2012 I have seen Reading plays 2 times this year, and i was not impressed of anything by this team. It is sure an away fixture for Newcastle but I am a fan of this team, i like them a lot in their midfiled and attacking weapons. I think it is time to win this kind of games for NC but in England it is not easy to predict games like this. I think it is 30% Reading 30% draw and 40% Nc

Re: Reading v Newcastle 29th September 2012

Colo unfortunately doesn't make the squad, after playing 60 odd minutes midweek on his return. He isn't quite ready. Krul and surprisingly Cabaye ( tooth problem) also don't travel with the team. So I would Imagine AP will partner Tiote beside Anita for the first time. The return of Cheick is massive boost for us. When he plays, He sets the tempo. Performances wise, We have been very underwhelming. However, points wise, Compared to this stage last year. We are only 1 point adrift. Throw in the injuries and extra games (Europa) we aren't doing too badly. Under Pardiola, We have became resilient. Tough to play against, installed this belief that, Even if we are being dominated, We hang on in, Believe that we will get our opportunity. With Cisse, Arfa and Ba lurking, We have goals. I really cant see us losing this. We prioritised this game ahead of the midweek League cup. We made wholesale changes against Man Utd- Harper, Santoon, Taylor, Jonas, Anita, Arfa, Ba and Cisse (got 20 mins) thats 8 players that will feature tomorrow. I'm sure I saw Reading fielding first team players against Qpr? So fitness wise, We should hold an advantage and we obviously have the better players. 2-1 Toon Win. Draw wouldn't surprise me, Defo can't see us getting beat.
Think you're spot on here Newcastle have been tough to beat under Pardew and they definitely have goals with Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse. Don't think losing Cabaye will be that big a blow Anita's slotted in pretty smoothly since his move and him and Tiote should be a rock solid centre mid pairing. Newcastle do look alot better when Tiote plays he seems to control games from the middle of the park. Still backing Newcastle here don't think Reading have much to offer, be surprised if they get a result today.