** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Everton v Southampton 29th September 2012

staffy

Re: Everton v Southampton 29th September 2012 Everton could make a nice bet again - I am not used to seeing this team playing this well at the beginning of the season so not really sure where this is going. Is going to suddenly stop or they will just keep on going possibly until some harder games or schedule comes? Anyway they are looking good now, kicking some form and goals (and they are scoring goals compared to what I am used to), I was more used to bet against them rather backing them. The AH line is currently set at -1.25 @ ~2.00 and that could deserve some stake points. I am just not sure about Southampton - there were trashed a few times now, conceiding 14 goals in 4 games just before the last round. They managed to get past Villa which are struggling these days but unfortunately I cannot provide any input from that game - could anyone advise and let me know his thoughts if he has observed Sauthampton - Villa?

Re: Everton v Southampton 29th September 2012

Everton could make a nice bet again - I am not used to seeing this team playing this well at the beginning of the season so not really sure where this is going. Is going to suddenly stop or they will just keep on going possibly until some harder games or schedule comes? Anyway they are looking good now' date=' kicking some form and goals (and they are scoring goals compared to what I am used to), I was more used to bet against them rather backing them. The AH line is currently set at -1.25 @ ~2.00 and that could deserve some stake points. I am just not sure about Southampton - there were trashed a few times now, conceiding 14 goals in 4 games just before the last round. They managed to get past Villa which are struggling these days but unfortunately I cannot provide any input from that game - could anyone advise and let me know his thoughts if he has observed Sauthampton - Villa?[/quote'] The Last match I Watched I was very disappointed, but there where only 20 mins left when Match just become opposite and it saved me to lost the bet. That day I thought it was so risky to do bet without enough knowledge of any topic. I will advice you to play wise. Sauthampton - Villa is complicated too.

Both to score = YES @ 1.9 - StanJames. I think both to score is usually going to be the way forward when looking at Southampton. I know everton have started well, but they Do struggle when priced up as strong favourites, and do concede the odd goal. I'd expect Southampton to give it a good go against Everton. They possess some very technical good footballers, and with Rickie Lambert they will score goals. I think here as well there seems to be an expectation that Everton will win fairly easily, which I don't believe will be the case here.

Re: Everton v Southampton 29th September 2012 *Over 2.5 Goals - 2 Points @ 1.69 Betfair* There are bound to be goals in this game, both teams are scoring for fun at the moment. Everton won 3-0 at Swansea last time out, and it really could have been 6 or 7, they are creating a lot of chances. They drew 2-2 at home to Newcastle before that, and 2 perfectly good goals were disallowed, they should have had 4. They are playing very well this season, and Anichebe and Fellaini look like real big threats. Southampton are also very capable of scoring plenty of goals, even against the big teams. They lost 3-2 at City, lost 3-2 to Man United, lost to Arsenal 6-1, and beat Villa 4-1 last time out, they concede a lot of goals, and score a lot of goals. With the form Lambert is in, there is no reason why there won't be at least 3 goals in this game, i am happy to take the price as i think it should be around the 1.58 mark.

Re: Everton v Southampton 29th September 2012 Everton -1.5 @ 2.20 pinnacle Everton sit 3rd on the table and after getting knocked out of the League Cup, then there will be even more emphasis on doing well in the EPL. They have beaten Man Utd 1-0 and drawn 2-2 with Newcastle at home, and have scored at least two goals in 3 of their last 4 games. Soton on the other hand, have conceded at least twice in 4 of their last games to Arsenal (lost 6-1 away), Man Utd (lost 3-2 at home), Wigan (lost 2-0 at home) and Man City (lost 3-2 away). Though they neat Aston Villa 4-1 on the weekend, going to Goodison Park will be a tough test for them and expect Moyes to have his boys ready. With Soton likely to continue to play a more open game, then like Everton to be able to expose this, with Pienaar especially having the pace to do so, while Jelavic and Anichebe up front have proven that they can put away the chances in the box 13-20 (-4.16)

Re: Everton v Southampton 29th September 2012 Before I start I have looked around all the forums and threads and I couldnt find an answer to my question.I'm also in full knowledge that this is isnt the thread for my question.So if everyone can bear with me for a second I would very much appreciate it. The question is : I've placed a bet tonite of 5 matches and choose the trebles (3lü) option and paid approx. 4 £ for it and I won 35 £ from it. What I couldnt understand is THE CALCULATION of the bet. The photo of the bet is below.Thanks to especially the Moderator and to everyone else for their http://www.flickr.com/photos/60308516@N03/8028090958/

Re: Everton v Southampton 29th September 2012 Everton V Southampton LAY EVERTON @ 1.43 Betfair I feel the odds on Everton for a home win are too slim. Southampton have proven to be a good side scoring goals against the bigger sides and taking Teams on. They came close to beating Man Utd even. They picked up a huge win over Villa last round and I feel that they will be tougher to beat than the odds suggest. You would expect an easy Everton Win at first glance, but being a Premiere League game those odds are pathetic especially on a side as inconsistent as Everton.

Everton V Southampton LAY EVERTON @ 1.43 Betfair I feel the odds on Everton for a home win are too slim. Southampton have proven to be a good side scoring goals against the bigger sides and taking Teams on. They came close to beating Man Utd even. They picked up a huge win over Villa last round and I feel that they will be tougher to beat than the odds suggest. You would expect an easy Everton Win at first glance, but being a Premiere League game those odds are pathetic especially on a side as inconsistent as Everton.
was thinkin along same lines +1.5 saints feels big to me hmmm

Re: Everton v Southampton 29th September 2012 I think I'm gonna put my money to Southampton. They have been played well against better teams. ManU, ManC and Arsenal. They lost every game of them, but they also scored in every of them. In last game they won Aston Villa 4-1. Evertons beginning of the season has been much easier. They have been played well too, but I think this is not going to be easy game for them. The odd for Southampton is so big, that I'm gonna try. This was my first post here. I hope You understood my no-good-english. I'm gonna write here more in the future, so You better get used to it.

*Over 2.5 Goals - 2 Points @ 1.69 Betfair* There are bound to be goals in this game, both teams are scoring for fun at the moment. Everton won 3-0 at Swansea last time out, and it really could have been 6 or 7, they are creating a lot of chances. They drew 2-2 at home to Newcastle before that, and 2 perfectly good goals were disallowed, they should have had 4. They are playing very well this season, and Anichebe and Fellaini look like real big threats. Southampton are also very capable of scoring plenty of goals, even against the big teams. They lost 3-2 at City, lost 3-2 to Man United, lost to Arsenal 6-1, and beat Villa 4-1 last time out, they concede a lot of goals, and score a lot of goals. With the form Lambert is in, there is no reason why there won't be at least 3 goals in this game, i am happy to take the price as i think it should be around the 1.58 mark.
This was a very easy win. :D

Everton -1.5 @ 2.20 pinnacle Everton sit 3rd on the table and after getting knocked out of the League Cup, then there will be even more emphasis on doing well in the EPL. They have beaten Man Utd 1-0 and drawn 2-2 with Newcastle at home, and have scored at least two goals in 3 of their last 4 games. Soton on the other hand, have conceded at least twice in 4 of their last games to Arsenal (lost 6-1 away), Man Utd (lost 3-2 at home), Wigan (lost 2-0 at home) and Man City (lost 3-2 away). Though they neat Aston Villa 4-1 on the weekend, going to Goodison Park will be a tough test for them and expect Moyes to have his boys ready. With Soton likely to continue to play a more open game, then like Everton to be able to expose this, with Pienaar especially having the pace to do so, while Jelavic and Anichebe up front have proven that they can put away the chances in the box
Good win by Everton 14-20 (2.96)