BBOTD - Wednesday 19th of September

robertob

14.20 Sandown: Rebecca Romero @ 10/3 VC Pretty sure this price won't last long. Rebecca Romero was a massively unlucky horse last time out at Bath. She travelled like a dream in mid-division, even 1f out on the bridle but simply had no room to go. When she finally was in the clear she finished strongly but it was too late. It's fair to assume she would have won this race with a clear run. She is a very consistent sort and obviously in very fine form and despite being on a career highest mark it looks as if she is still very well handicapped as she is still progressive and improving. Richard Hughes is booked for the ride which looks significant too, he has a 26,67% strike rate with trainer Coackley. So everything looks in place for a big run as Rebecca Romero is also down in class but is allowed to race of the same mark as she did in Bath last time.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 19th of September Sandown 5.35 - Savannah Days 12/1 Ladbrokes BOG I thought this horse was looking exposed until it ran for the first time over 10f LTO at Sandown when it flew home at the end of the race to finish a very close 4th. The filly was last turning for home, and had to wait for ages to get a run, before meeting more trouble and squeezing between two horses to get out in the open. She re-opposed the 2nd & 3rd from that race tomorrow who were approx 6-9lengths ahead of her when Martin Harley started pushing. It will all rely on the Jockey and how he judges the race, but I think he is decent and I dont expect the same mistake to be made again with 12's being a fair price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.