** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September

McNasara

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bohemians v Dundalk (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derry City v Mervue United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Drogheda United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shelbourne FC v Shamrock Rovers (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September The only interesting match to bet is Dublin derby, Shelbourne v Shamrock. Shamrock sacked their coach Kenny a few days ago although they have important match (League Cup final against Drogheda) next weekend. It will likely have bad influence on the players, so maybe Shels odds are too high. Still waiting for team news...

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September I'd say there's a good chance of both teams to score in the Shels -v- Shamrock Rovers game. Also I'm veering towards under 2.5 goals in the St Pats -v- Drogheda game. Very low stakes for both games if I do bet on them. These cup games are much harder to predict and call compared to league games I find.

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September The last two beaten finalists in the FAI Ford Cup will play at Tolka Park. Otherwise both sides were very successful in this competition in the past, and with regard that this is a city derby, it is clear that there will be very interesting. As I've already said important fact is that the guests fired coach Kenny a few days ago, so his former assistant Glass will take charge of the Hoops. On the other hand, Shels coach Matthews won the cup with Longford Town in both 2003 and 2004. Neither club has no important missings. These two sides played out a 2-2 draw in Tallaght seven days ago and then both lost against other city rivals (Pats and Bohs) on Monday. I think home team has a better chance than the odds suggest. Shels (+0.5) AH @2.12 188bet low stake

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September St. Patrick's Athletic v Drogheda United.....1....1.80 St Patrick's Athletic's Dean Kelly and Mark Rossiter remain on the sidelines and will not feature against the Boynesiders. Jake Kelly is recovering from a knock sustained against Bohs last week while midfielders John Russell and Hernany Macedo face late fitness tests. Drogheda United will be without Jason Marks, Alan Byrne, Conor McMahon and Michael Schlingermann who are all cup-tied having played for Monaghan United earlier in the competition. Otherwise Mick Cooke is looking at a fully fit squad.

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September Derry City v Mervue United...... Derry will be without the services of Rory Patterson and Owen Morrison who are on the long term injury list while Ruaidhri Higgins (dead leg) and Stephen McLaughlin (groin) are major doubts. Stewart Greacen, who is suspended for this tie, may return to training with the squad next week after scans of his medial ligament injury revealed it wasn't as bad as was first thought. Mervue midfielder Gary Kelly serves a one game ban for reaching four yellow cards and left back Marc Ludden is currently out of the country with work. But captain Mike Elwood is available despite being sent off in last week's league defeat to Limerick as his ban will be served in the next league game. Martin Conneely could return to the side having appeared as a second half substitute last week after being side-lined for over a month with a foot injury, while both Jason Molloy and Noel Varley will return having been rested last week.

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September Bohemians v Dundalk On the injury front, Callaghan is hopeful midfielder Ryan McEvoy will return to the squad following his ankle injury, but unfortunately skipper Owen Heary looks set to miss out again with a back problem picked up in the previous round against Avondale United. Apart from that, the Bohemian boss is hopeful of having a full squad to choose from for the visit of the Lilywhites. Dundalk welcome back John Mountney and Mark O'Brien who missed Monday's defeat in Sligo because of suspension. Paul Walsh came on as a substitute after recovering from his groin injury and is in contention for a place in the starting XI.

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September Shelbourne v Shamrock Rovers Shelbourne will have a full squad to select from for this game They have no injuries and both Glenn Cronin and Paddy Kavanagh return from suspension. Graham Gartland remains out of the Shamrock Rovers squad with a back injury. Otherwise Stephen Glass has a full squad to choose from.

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September

I'd say there's a good chance of both teams to score in the Shels -v- Shamrock Rovers game. Also I'm veering towards under 2.5 goals in the St Pats -v- Drogheda game. Very low stakes for both games if I do bet on them. These cup games are much harder to predict and call compared to league games I find.
GOOD PICKS MATE AND I BET ON SHELS TOO CHEERS

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September

The last two beaten finalists in the FAI Ford Cup will play at Tolka Park. Otherwise both sides were very successful in this competition in the past, and with regard that this is a city derby, it is clear that there will be very interesting. As I've already said important fact is that the guests fired coach Kenny a few days ago, so his former assistant Glass will take charge of the Hoops. On the other hand, Shels coach Matthews won the cup with Longford Town in both 2003 and 2004. Neither club has no important missings. These two sides played out a 2-2 draw in Tallaght seven days ago and then both lost against other city rivals (Pats and Bohs) on Monday. I think home team has a better chance than the odds suggest. Shels (+0.5) AH @2.12 188bet low stake :cigar
one replay match, Monday night Drogheda - St. Patricks 2.88 3.28 2.31

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September It is clear that the winner of this match will be the favorite to win the Cup, so the stakes are high. I think Pats are more motivated cause they're waiting for winning this competition last fifty years and on the other side, Drogs have a very important next match - League Cup final against Shamrock on Saturday. I must also mention that the Saints were a much better team in the goalless game at Richmond Park. Crowley (reg mf) is doubtful for home side, but I expect that Cooke rest a few players, as nine regulars playing three games in seven days. Strikers Flood and D. Kelly should be fit, only Fagan (topscorer who didn't played first game) and Russell (reg mf) are doubtful for the guests. Both teams have had a better performance away from home this season, so home ground is really a small advantage for Drogheda. Pats @2.40 Paddy Power low stake

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 14 September I'm choosing the opposite line McNasara. Drogheda are putting out their strongest team. There is nothing to suggest they are going to let St. Pats walk all over them on their own turf. I think they're taking this competition seriously. 1/10 units on Drogheda +0.5AH @ 1.9 odds (pinnacle)