** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Jump Racing - Wednesday 5th September

Lars

STAR POTENTIAL (16:40) made an extremely encouraging reappearance last month off a 435 day absence and shaped on that occasion that he’d improve significantly for the outing, as would have been expected. He also shaped like he’s ready for a step up in trip and still looks nicely handicapped off a rating of 99, and with the useful 7lb claimer Michael Nolan continuing to impress and retains the association, he looks to have a decent chance at double figure odds. He’s had 7 starts to date and has won once, coming over 2m3f at Exeter in a weak novice hurdle. The form of that race is sketchy to say the least as the runner-up threw the contest away when looking the winner and Star Potential’s two subsequent efforts suggested that he’d been flattered. However, he looked to have strengthened during his break and looks fair type now for handicaps, especially given how well he travelled last time out. He was one of the last off the bridle and looked a big threat on the run-in but was one paced under pressure. I’m always a fan of strong travelling horses being upped in trip, as this often provides a fair amount of improvement in the National Hunt sphere. This fast ground is no issue for Star Potential (his Exeter victory came on a much faster surface) and he’s been given a month to recover from his last outing, which mitigates the ‘bounce factor’ significantly. Susan Gardner’s horses are running well at the moment and the yard has an interesting record of 3/5 when teaming up with this 7lb claiming jockey. He’s caught the eye and looks good value for his claim and Star Potential looks an ideal candidate to improve from this rating now granted a step up in distance. 2m4f should be definitely be within range and if his stamina holds up, then I’m extremely confident he will be involved in the finish. I had him priced at around the 6/1 mark so looks a good bet at his present odds. Bets 16:40 Hereford – Star Potential; 2pts @ 11/1 Boylesports (bog)

Re: Jump Racing - Wednesday 5th September A few of these line up for the first time and it looks a wide open NH Flat race but i'll take a wee chance with Trainer B.Llewellyn in the last race of the day. The yard have already had two big priced winners in the last few days of 12/1 & 25/1 so i would not let today's price put anyone off. Trainer B.Llewellyn only sends out the two runners, the 3:10 and the 5:45 and it would be no surprise in seeing Jockey R.Williams ride a double. Hereford 5:45 - PWLL MELYN. some 20/1 can still be found, Each Way bet.

Re: Jump Racing - Wednesday 5th September First bet of the month - I have updated my blog with the results for August which was a very small winning month. Hereford 4.10 Scotsbrook Cloud 1PT WIN @ 13/8 PP Only 5 go to post for this novice chase and Scotsbrook Cloud looks the value in receipt of the 12lb from his two market rivals. The winner of five hurdle races he hasn’t looked a natural so far over fences, but comes here on the back of a very good run over hurdles in a valuable handicap at Newton Abbot and on his last run over fences he was sent off joint favourite for the Summer National at Uttoxeter where he was pulled up. This is a big drop in class and if he can get his jumping together he should win in receipt of the weight.

Re: Jump Racing - Wednesday 5th September Sport: Horse Racing Event: Hereford Match Hereford 5.10 Selection Gentleman Jeff (Normal Bet) Strength 2/10 Date 05/09/2012 Bookmaker/Price

Bet365 @ 0.00 Reasoning 2nd of 5 by 1 length to Intac last time out. Won three runs ago at Worcester by a neck to Well Green. Jockey A P McCoy was on board both starts and again for today. He has ridden 2 wins from 2 rides at the track today. The selection the last scheduled ride for the jockey.