Stoke v Man City > September 15th

staffy

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Stoke v Man City > September 15th Stoke-Manchester City under 2.5 @1.85 5/10 pinnacle Stoke drew all of their 3 previous matches so far with an combined scoring of 3:3. 3 out of their conceded goals came through penalties. Stoke is a very tough place to go for all teams as they play very physically. They haven't lost any match against the better clubs of the Premier League at home last year. They remained undefeated against Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham. 6 out of those 7 matches ended under 2.5. Their offense is not working that good and they defensively when they face top teams. Non of their strikers is a top class player, more likely average players that are scoring too less goals. Man City have seen their 3 matches ending with more than 2.5 goals each so far. They were lucky to have scored both goals against Liverpool, the latter one came from a very very bad mistake by Skrtel. They look not to be as good as last season yet having problems in all of their previous matches, up front and right behind. Being not the best travellers at all, as seen last season, this could definitely be a big task for them. Mancini will also have their upcoming Champions League match against Real Madrid in mind as they have the toughest group of them all with Dortmund and Ajax being the other teams. Mancini knows that a defeat in that match would be a blow for their task to achieve the next round in the Champions League. Therefore, they will probably do not give 100% in this match as Stoke is very physically and a very tought place to go as earlier mentioned. Strikers Agüero and Balotelli are not 100% fit. THe Italian underwent an eye surgery while Agüero failed to be fit for the Argentinian qualifier matches. So he could start Tevez and Dzeko. To me, under 2.5 seems a good bet here. Stoke will defend against top side like last season. City will definitely get problems, last year they lost 0-1 to Stoke. under 2.5 for me here GL

Again, I think the odds on city are poor here. They may win, but I expect if they do, it will be a tight win. So if you want to back them, maybe back them to win by one. But yes, the draw looks like a decent option as I don't expect stoke will have enough to win the game, but are more than capable of holding city for a point.

Re: Stoke v Man City > September 15th Totally agree that odds on City here are poor, but after watching Stoke a couple times this season, I think City will win this comfortably. Not in terms of the scoreline, but definitely in terms of possession and chances created. Stoke had no plan B against Arsenal and were outclassed but managed to hold on for the 0-0 draw. I fully expect City to be able to score past Stoke, therefore my predictions are: Man City win to nil - 6/1 Various Man City 1-0 - 2/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Stoke v Man City > September 15th Stoke are generally a good side at home and last season a number of top teams have struggled here and even City only managed a draw here. It is still early in the season and both teams are not so solid in defense. Stoke has conceded 4 against Swindon and 2 against Wigan. Man.City have played stronger sides, but still failed to keep a clean sheet. Moreover, in last 4 games between these 2 sides at Britannia Stadium "Both to Score" bet came while 3 games ended 1-1 and Stoke winning the other one 3-1. In fact Stoke are unbeaten against Citizens in their last 5 home games against them. However, since it is early in the season I am not quite sure whether Stoke can take anything from this game, so will take a safer option. Both to Score @ 1.91 (2 units) William Hill

Re: Stoke v Man City > September 15th I can only play with ladbrokes which only offers 1.72 for both team to score, but still I tend to agree with Mustafa and consider this a safer option, City's defense doesn't look settled yet letting 5 past them in the last 3 games and it looks like Stoke always can find that lucky goal. I think I'l use this for a double or a treble and try the draw on a single. WORD :)

Re: Stoke v Man City > September 15th

Stoke are generally a good side at home and last season a number of top teams have struggled here and even City only managed a draw here. It is still early in the season and both teams are not so solid in defense. Stoke has conceded 4 against Swindon and 2 against Wigan. Man.City have played stronger sides, but still failed to keep a clean sheet. Moreover, in last 4 games between these 2 sides at Britannia Stadium "Both to Score" bet came while 3 games ended 1-1 and Stoke winning the other one 3-1. In fact Stoke are unbeaten against Citizens in their last 5 home games against them. However, since it is early in the season I am not quite sure whether Stoke can take anything from this game, so will take a safer option. Both to Score @ 1.91 (2 units) William Hill
How about the "highest scoring half:second" bet?!! I think this games offers good conditions for this to happen. Mancini won't push too much and turn on higher gear before the second half.

How about the "highest scoring half:second" bet?!! I think this games offers good conditions for this to happen. Mancini won't push too much and turn on higher gear before the second half.
Good idea especially since most of Man.City games produce more goals in the second half.

Re: Stoke v Man City > September 15th Asian Corner Match Bet: Man City -1.5 @ 1.80 Bet365 (10 points) I know corners can be a minefield betting wise but I strongly fancy this one. In Stoke's 3 league games so far they have accumulated a grand total of 4 corners. They had 1 corner in the last match against Wigan whilst in their last home match they got 0 corners against Arsenals 11. Last season Stoke were utilising the long throw regularly with Shotton or Delap. We didn't score often from it but it did create panick and could keep the pressure on. Without it this season, Pulis is attempting to try and keep possession more and whilst we are still direct, we are not quite as quick to hit the long diagonal ball and as such we are evidently gaining less corners. You would expect Man City to be the team doing the majority of pressing in this match anyway. Stoke will no doubt put up a defensive performance and be hard to break down. But I expect Man City to have plenty of posession and in turn they should be doing more of the attacking which could potentially result in corners. You can never fully predict how matches will turn out but on paper this looks like a pearler of a bet.

Re: Stoke v Man City > September 15th I can see this game being a tight affair with Stoke making it difficult for Man City to get any tempo into their game. Man City have struggled at Stoke in the past and I can't see it being any different for them this time. As has been pointed out Man City score most of there goals in the second half with 67.7% scored in the second half. On that basis I'll take Highest Scoring Half 2nd Half: 2.10 WillamHill

Asian Corner Match Bet: Man City -1.5 @ 1.80 Bet365 (10 points) I know corners can be a minefield betting wise but I strongly fancy this one. In Stoke's 3 league games so far they have accumulated a grand total of 4 corners. They had 1 corner in the last match against Wigan whilst in their last home match they got 0 corners against Arsenals 11. Last season Stoke were utilising the long throw regularly with Shotton or Delap. We didn't score often from it but it did create panick and could keep the pressure on. Without it this season, Pulis is attempting to try and keep possession more and whilst we are still direct, we are not quite as quick to hit the long diagonal ball and as such we are evidently gaining less corners. You would expect Man City to be the team doing the majority of pressing in this match anyway. Stoke will no doubt put up a defensive performance and be hard to break down. But I expect Man City to have plenty of posession and in turn they should be doing more of the attacking which could potentially result in corners. You can never fully predict how matches will turn out but on paper this looks like a pearler of a bet.
Just a bit more to add to this. Stoke won 7 of there corner match bets last season and averaged 5.5 corners. Man City won 12 of there corner match bets last season averaging 6.1 corners. Man City will try to create space and play a tight passing game through the middle of the pitch which will require plenty of last ditch tackles and blocks from Stoke. Man City -1.5 Corners 1.80 Bet365

Re: Stoke v Man City > September 15th I've been reading around and a few previews reckon Stoke could get a draw. The only thing to me that backs that up is Stokes decent record against City at home (i believe 3 draws in a row) and Joe Hart not being as good as he was last season. Stokes last home game of course they held Arsenal at home who just happen to be another top 4 side; taking note that Arsenal looked like they couldn't buy a goal in that game but defended well. But Stoke only had 1 shot on target and 33% possession. And I expect a similar situation. And watching Citys last three games, they may have conceded but they always look good on the attack and i could see them playing through Stokes defence. If Owen starts I reckon they can get a goal and boost those around him. Otherwise i believe Kompany and Lescott would be able to handle Crouch and Walters, and apart from Etherington and maybe Kightly i cant see Stoke causing much of a threat. Charlie Adam could also be a threat, but with City's dominating midfield i think he could be overshadowed. What concerns me is if City will rest players due to the international matches or with Real Madrid coming up on Tuesday, depending on whether they rotate or not i may avoid going for City to win 1.72 otherwise i may decide to go for Both teams to score 1.90

Re: Stoke v Man City > September 15th Over 2.5 @ 2.11 pinnacle Stoke have drawn their three games so far, 1-1 at reading, 0-0 at home to Arsenal and 2-2 away to Stoke. Man City have been scoring and conceding goals, winning 3-2 at home to Soton, drawing 2-2 at Liverpool and winning 3-1 at home to QPR. Last three games at Stoke have been a 1-1 draw so like both teams to score, as Crouch and Walters can be a handful for any side on their day while City have been leaking goals. On the other hand, City have shown that they can score goals and can see them putting a couple at least past Stoke, who should have Aguero and Balotelli fit for this game, which improves their options up front

Stoke-Manchester City under 2.5 @1.85 5/10 pinnacle Stoke drew all of their 3 previous matches so far with an combined scoring of 3:3. 3 out of their conceded goals came through penalties. Stoke is a very tough place to go for all teams as they play very physically. They haven't lost any match against the better clubs of the Premier League at home last year. They remained undefeated against Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham. 6 out of those 7 matches ended under 2.5. Their offense is not working that good and they defensively when they face top teams. Non of their strikers is a top class player, more likely average players that are scoring too less goals. Man City have seen their 3 matches ending with more than 2.5 goals each so far. They were lucky to have scored both goals against Liverpool, the latter one came from a very very bad mistake by Skrtel. They look not to be as good as last season yet having problems in all of their previous matches, up front and right behind. Being not the best travellers at all, as seen last season, this could definitely be a big task for them. Mancini will also have their upcoming Champions League match against Real Madrid in mind as they have the toughest group of them all with Dortmund and Ajax being the other teams. Mancini knows that a defeat in that match would be a blow for their task to achieve the next round in the Champions League. Therefore, they will probably do not give 100% in this match as Stoke is very physically and a very tought place to go as earlier mentioned. Strikers Agüero and Balotelli are not 100% fit. THe Italian underwent an eye surgery while Agüero failed to be fit for the Argentinian qualifier matches. So he could start Tevez and Dzeko. To me, under 2.5 seems a good bet here. Stoke will defend against top side like last season. City will definitely get problems, last year they lost 0-1 to Stoke. under 2.5 for me here GL
1:1 bet won

Asian Corner Match Bet: Man City -1.5 @ 1.80 Bet365 (10 points) I know corners can be a minefield betting wise but I strongly fancy this one. In Stoke's 3 league games so far they have accumulated a grand total of 4 corners. They had 1 corner in the last match against Wigan whilst in their last home match they got 0 corners against Arsenals 11. Last season Stoke were utilising the long throw regularly with Shotton or Delap. We didn't score often from it but it did create panick and could keep the pressure on. Without it this season, Pulis is attempting to try and keep possession more and whilst we are still direct, we are not quite as quick to hit the long diagonal ball and as such we are evidently gaining less corners. You would expect Man City to be the team doing the majority of pressing in this match anyway. Stoke will no doubt put up a defensive performance and be hard to break down. But I expect Man City to have plenty of posession and in turn they should be doing more of the attacking which could potentially result in corners. You can never fully predict how matches will turn out but on paper this looks like a pearler of a bet.
Bugger. Stoke corners 6 man city 5 My first max bet of the season and it's a loser. In 3 games Stoke only mustered a total of 4 corners but managed 6 against the champions in one game. It was a much better performance than against Arsenal and as a Stoke fan I was happy with the point. Mancini starting 3 new players probably didn't help this bet and David silva starting would be better. Also balotelli regularly going down instead of staying strong and tring to get a shot away didn't help. You can't win them all though and on paper this looked a good bet. 365 later changed the line to -2.5 as well so I will take this one on the chin!

I can only play with ladbrokes which only offers 1.72 for both team to score' date=' but still I tend to agree with Mustafa and consider this a safer option, City's defense doesn't look settled yet letting 5 past them in the last 3 games and it looks like Stoke always can find that lucky goal. I think I'l use this for a double or a treble and try the draw on a single. WORD :)[/quote'] Thank you Mustafa for the BTTS and than you Shawcross for getting me the draw :) happy days