** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Newcastle v Villa > 2nd September

staffy

Re: Newcastle v Villa > 2nd September Odds were around 1.80 on late Saturday and Sunday but quickly dropped to ~ 1.60. Having in mind how awful were Villa in the opening games and Newcastle showing signs that they will pick where they left off last season especially with a good home game, I would say that 1.80 were nice odds and definitely worth a shot even if one is not that confident in the bet (just for betting sake). I guess I will be still putting some units on Newcastle on AH but won't go that heavy on the new odds.

Re: Newcastle v Villa > 2nd September Newcastle seem am absolute banker here! Villa look such a poor side and cannot believe they haven't got many players in yet before transfer window shuts. Villa have so e good players but don't seem to be the most physical of sides. With cisse and ba upfront I cannot see them coping with this. Easy win for Newcastle and def high stakes for me!

I, like others, can't see anything other than a Newcastle win here. (didn't villa lose by six here last season?) But I can only see the odds continuing to fall. So it remains to be seen whether to take Newcastle on a handicap or just leave it. Suddenly villa at 9s to be relegated looks like a steal... But early days.

Re: Newcastle v Villa > 2nd September

I' date=' like others, can't see anything other than a Newcastle win here. (didn't villa lose by six here last season?) But I can only see the odds continuing to fall. So it remains to be seen whether to take Newcastle on a handicap or just leave it. Suddenly villa at 9s to be relegated looks like a steal... But early days.[/quote'] Villa have just signed Clint Dempsey by the looks of it. And he would be a massive signing for them. You would still have to fancy Newcastle, but Dempsey on the Villa team with increase their credentials i suppose.

Villa have just signed Clint Dempsey by the looks of it. And he would be a massive signing for them. You would still have to fancy Newcastle' date=' but Dempsey on the Villa team with increase their credentials i suppose.[/quote'] Latest I just read was that villa had pulled out? Something about him wanting to join Liverpool?

Re: Newcastle v Villa > 2nd September

Latest I just read was that villa had pulled out? Something about him wanting to join Liverpool?
Not according to what i am seeing. Villa had their bid accepted by Fulham, £7m Just down to Dempsey now i suppose. You gotta love transfer deadline day. :nana

Re: Newcastle v Villa > 2nd September For me, this is the 'banker' bet of the weekend. I hate to say it, but I think Newcastle will win this with ease. I don't like the look of this Aston Villa side and personally I think it is lacking in quality compared to a few seasons back. Villa will go well to comfortably avoid relegation in my opinion, but for this match I feel Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa etc. will prove to be too much for Villa's defence to handle. Newcastle @ 4/6 various Newcastle -1 @ 17/10 various

Re: Newcastle v Villa > 2nd September How much will the game on Thursday have taken out of Newcastle. I agree with the posts above Villa do look a poor side to say the least. Last week I watched their games on sky that I recorded when I first thought of getting involved in this game and they look poor. Bent had zero service in both games, they made west ham look like Valencia. Newcastle will be looking to react from the Chelsea result last week too. This game will be lost in midfield before you part with your money just compare the two midfields because for me I feel Newcastle will overpower Villa and bully that you dodgy defence which will be missing Clark & Dunne too. Final Verdict: Newcastle 2-0 Villa Longshot: Newcastle HT/FT

Re: Newcastle v Villa > 2nd September Newcastle -1 (EH) @ 2.80 sportsbet Newcastle are coming off 2-0 away loss to an in form Chelsea side and before that, they had a very good 2-1 home win over Tottenham. Aston Villa will be a step down from playing these two very good sides as they were beaten 3-1 by Everton at home, and they had lost 1-0 at West Ham, so like the Toon to make it three straight losses. With Ben Arfa free of his injuries, he has made an impact at the start of this season and like him to continue to complement Cisse and Ba who showed last year that they are very good finishers of chances. At the back, they look pretty solid with Krul in goals, and Coloccini and Taylor in front of him, while Cabaye and Gutierrez hard players to upstage. Villa will focus on defence so as to stop leaking goals but their back four does not inspire confidence. bent up front can be a danger if he gets the service, but for the inconsistent Ireland, there is not much else who can provide it. This Villa side looks like struggling this season and like Newcastle to win this one well

Re: Newcastle v Villa > 2nd September Newcastle v Aston Villa @ 1.66Bet365 (4 points) Double: Newcastle and Man Utd @ 2.50 Bet365 (3 points) its not a great price this but it's a fair one. Newcastle have managed to keep hold of their best players and should be a force again this season. Villa struggled last season and really needed some decent signings this summer. They've signed a striker with a good reputation but I know nothing about him. But other than that they have signed a few young unproven players from the lower leagues and that's a big risk. Ultimately I see Bent being too isolated in today's game as he has been in their previous matches this season. Newcastles strikers should have too much class for this young Villa defence and I strongly fancy Toon to get the 3 points. I will also be taking them in a double with man utd who again should have too much attacking threat for the Saints who have yet to pick up. A point. Wigan beat them 2-0 last week and they will be in for an even harder game here.

Re: Newcastle v Villa > 2nd September Newcastle to beat Aston Villa 1.68 @ Betfair - Although Newcastle played on Thursday night only 3 outfield players started in that game that are starting today whereas 6 outfield players that played for Villa on Tuesday are starting for them this afternoon. Newcastle have their best side out barring Tiote and Anita is playing instead. Villa's side looks ok in the middle of the park and up front with Darren Bent but their defence looks very weak and i think they will be exposed by Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse today. Newcastle have won their last 3 home games vs Villa including a 6-0 win two seasons ago. Villa have not won in their last 12 league games and Newcastle have Won 8 Drawn 2 and Lost 1 of their last 11 home games. I think that this game may be closer than people think but i still expect Newcastle to beat Villa today as Villa look so poor defensively. Think this will finish 2-1 or 3-1 to the Magpies.

• 2 weeks later...