Super league X

Ok, this is the first (and hopefully not the last) of my super league tips threads. I follow things fairly closely, though not fanatically so hopefully i'll be able to spot a bit of value now and again and not let my blind bias in favour of wakefield trinity get in the way. First selection of the season is an obvious one. Leeds to beat Hull @ 1.4 (betfair) This is a real gimme IMO. Leeds are the only side going into the new season with a completely fit squad and in all honesty remind me of man utd. around 1994 when they won the double but had so many up and coming brilliant young players you just knew there was more to come. They only bought 1 player in the summer, Gareth Ellis, a very possible future england captain. Hull start the season having lost coach shaun mccrae at the end of last season, new coach John Kear has a decent pedigree and has had a good clear out of the squad but the quality of his recruits is questionable to say the least. So this is fairly short odds but a nailed on certainty (willhill go with [email protected] btw). Maximum 10pts for me. The second is on the handicaps: The first is Bradford V Wakefield (+18.5pts) (1.9 betfair). I nearly choked on my cornflakes when i saw this price. Signs are coming out of odsall that all is not well with the bulls. For a start they allegedly tried to offload 2 of their best young players (both GB internationals) in return for the above mentioned Ellis and throw some cash into the bargain and one of their new signings (Hudson) is suspended pending a doping enquiry. On the flip side teams don't go bad overnight and they are still a force to be reckoned with. However, wakefield, after finishing well and getting into the play-offs last year made some shrewd signings over the summer, and despite losing the now thrice mentioned Ellis to the whinos (he's not that good anyway) now have a squad capable of challenging for a play-off spot regularly. We will push Bradford close on sunday, there is no doubt about that, and i'm even tempted to have a speculative 1pt bet on us to win at 11.5 (to put this into perspective, widnes were 2nd bottom last year and they're a shorter price to beat st.helens:unsure. I just can't work it out). But 5pts on us to beat the handicap will do. Starting bank = 100pts 10pts Leeds @ 1.4 5pts wakefield +18.5 @ 1.9 both betfair

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.