** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August

Re: Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August Last year Swansea struggled against teams that were good in the air. Norwich did the double over them, scoring six goals in the process. They're going to get that physical approach in spades against West Ham. Their new Spanish central defender may be in for a bit of a culture shock. Swans to get hammered.

Under 2.5 goals @ 1.85 - BET365. Fancy the unders here as I think the above post is pretty spot on. I don't think west ham will hammer any side this season because they haven't got the players, but under Sam allerdyce I think they will probably look to bully Swansea a bit, yet I'd expect Swansea to keep the ball well and have over 60% possession. Therefor I think this should be a tight affair with neither side letting much go.

Re: Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August All forms guides etc point to easy Swansea win! But I rate Sam Allardyce very highly as a tactical manager and think he will definitely find a way to get a result against Swansea Possibly a snatch and grab against the run of play on a set piece Can't make up my mind yet on west ham win or draw so will prob best a handicap here!

Re: Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August It's a home win for me & I'm delighted to be able to get better than evens! West Ham may be good in the air, but Swansea will tear them apart with their quick passing game & expose the Hammers defence for what it is: mediocre championship standard.

Re: Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August

It's a home win for me & I'm delighted to be able to get better than evens! West Ham may be good in the air, but Swansea will tear them apart with their quick passing game & expose the Hammers defence for what it is: mediocre championship standard.
Didn't they keep a clean sheet in their first match against a Premiership side?

Didn't they keep a clean sheet in their first match against a Premiership side?
Hi, yeah they did win 1-0 against us (villa) but I saw the whole game, every 2 seconds an expletive was leaving my mouth, we didn't test the West Ham defence once, Bent had no service and the centre halves were playing in second gear. I see Swansea testing West Ham far more and if Sinclair is still there and Dyer on the other wing can rip them apart. Also the passing style should make the Hammers flustered so I also fancy a fair few West ham cards (depending on ref) I don't see a Swansea tear up by any means and will definitely be looking at the corner market as the width in Swansea's side means corners will occur and are more likely to arise from a Swansea attack than a goal ( thinking of Sams hoof it anywhere approach to the game) Its a cards and corner game for me at the moment and will dive in closer to the game. As an early kick off I feel the 1X2 market could be one to stay away from and maybe concentrate on the stats, I have been making most of my profit through this route recently and it is surprisingly refreshing to celebrate a corner or card!!

Re: Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August I'm thinking a West Ham win here. The key to the Hammers promotion last season was their exceptional away form, winning a club record 13 and losing only 4. Granted this is now the Premiership but Swansea's squad is more similar to a championship squad than the likes of Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton etc so they'll go into this game targetting 3 points. West Ham's victories on the road last season were largely down to their counter attacking play and their strength at set pieces. This is where I think the game will be won. Swansea's impressive 5-0 victory at QPR was also down to counter attacking but it's yet to be seen how they will operate at home. If both teams operate like this on Saturday then I expect the home team to have to change their play and take the game to West Ham. I don't think there is much difference between the squads and the imminent arrival of pacey winger Matt Jarvis to go alongside the impressive Vaz Te will only add to my confidence. West Ham to win @ 54/19 (Pinnacle) 1.5pts (5)

Re: Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August I would expect this to be a tight match, Swansea are very difficult to beat at home and last season West Ham had a brilliant away record losing just four times. Swansea as they always do will look to monopolise possession and last week they looked more potent going forward than they did under Brendan Rodgers. West Ham will look to hit Swansea on the counter attack exploiting the holes Swansea leave at the back. Last season Swansea collected the lowest number of yellow cards (40). West Ham have a very physical prescence and I can see them trying to get amongst Swansea like a typical Allardyce side. West Ham Most Booking Points 1.75 WilliamHill

I would expect this to be a tight match, Swansea are very difficult to beat at home and last season West Ham had a brilliant away record losing just four times. Swansea as they always do will look to monopolise possession and last week they looked more potent going forward than they did under Brendan Rodgers. West Ham will look to hit Swansea on the counter attack exploiting the holes Swansea leave at the back. Last season Swansea collected the lowest number of yellow cards (40). West Ham have a very physical prescence and I can see them trying to get amongst Swansea like a typical Allardyce side. West Ham Most Booking Points 1.75 WilliamHill
Just a word of warning on this one CiderHead, since last season Swansea have added Chico, Michu and de Guzman who between them picked up 29 yellow cards between them during 2011/12. Chico picked up an impressive 14 in 33 games on his own.

Re: Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August Swansea vs West Ham Swansea and West Ham both had a perfect start to their new Premier league season. Perhaps two sides expected to struggle slightly this season, but winning both their games to nil and getting the clean sheet is a great confidence booster. Swansea especially got an emphatic 0 - 5 win away at QPR to embarrass the hosts in front of their home crowd, especially on top of their contrasting spending over the summer. Starting with Swansea, the 0 - 5 scoreline was obviously an emphatic and rather flattering one. Though QPR was largely poor, the score could have been different if QPR had taken their chances at the right places. But take nothing away from Swansea, their win was thoroughly deserved and their finishes clinical. Laudrup who many cast doubt over has embraced the Swansea footballing Philosophy started by Martinez and continued the excellent work done by Rodgers, who might still be missed by some Swansea fans. West Ham got off to a more modest start against a scrappy Aston Villa side in a tighter contest. In a game of few chances, You'd have to say West Ham created the better ones, and deserved their 1 - 0 win that could have easily been ruled out by the linesman. Credits to the referee for a good spot. West Ham are used to winning and getting results under West Ham, and have a great winning mentality. Value on this match is rather tight as initially I wanted to back Swansea, feeling they will still be underrated during a more volatile period for them with transfer rumors and changes. However I was slightly surprised by the bookies rating of this match clearly with the 0 - 5 in mind. Swansea was a real force at home last season and even taking that into account I could not see enough to back them. Hence the value is on West Ham. Swansea has made some good signings it seems after their emphatic win, but for West Ham I think the addition of Jarvis is an excellent one, and will further strengthen their squad from last week. 25/8/12 EPL Swansea vs West Ham West Ham +0.5 1.825 Bet365 10/10 OPEN

Re: Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August 3pts West Ham to beat Swansea 11/4 William Hill I think there’s a chance Swansea could have been slightly overrated from that win last week. I’m not taking anything away from them but QPR were awful. Their defence was up there with the worst defensive performances I’ve ever seen and I’d like to see them break down a more robust side before I get carried away by Swansea. West Ham don’t look anything too special here but they look well organised, solid and a match for most on the break. Solid and dependable has got the job done in this league over the last couple of seasons and I can see West Ham nicking this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/swansea-vs-west-ham-betting-swansea-could-just-be-slightly-overrated-after-last-week-s-easy-win

West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Collins, Reid, McCartney, Tomkins, Noble, Nolan, Diame, Jarvis, Cole Strange line-up, where's Vaz Te? 4 Centre mids?
And what does that translate into in your opinion? Are they going for defensive approach?

Re: Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August Swansea @ 2.10 sportsbet Hard not to be impressed with the 5-0 win by Swansea over QPR last week as they look to have carried on from last year's performances where they stroked the ball around the ground very well. They were pretty good at home last season and did not concede all that often in the first half of the year, and given that West Ham play a pretty direct approach, like this Swansea defence to be able to manage it, while they have some pace on the flanks to trouble this West Ham defence. 2-6 (-3.00)

Re: Swansea v West Ham > Sat 25 August Swansea - West Ham | DRAW 3.4@unibet (3/10) West Ham likely to be very carefull in this game and will be very happy to take a point, Swansea is coming to this one after increadible win and will go for all 3, but this is type of games where general home team is overrated against new promoted team. It's just the way it is, it's because it's newly promoted team. I'll pick a draw and unders included too.!

Swansea vs West Ham 25/8/12 EPL Swansea vs West Ham West Ham +0.5 1.825 Bet365 10/10 OPEN
The Hammers started the better but yet another goalkeeping blunder and a short back-pass gifted Swansea a 2 - 0 lead. West Ham should have scored before the break from all those corners and attempts cleared off the line, but in the second half Graham really should have put the game to bed completely and should of had a hat-trick. But by then the early two goals had done it and West Ham were caught with their trousers down on numerous occasions. 25/8/12 EPL Swansea vs West Ham West Ham +0.5 1.825 >Bet365 10/10 FT 3 - 2 -10 units

I'm thinking a West Ham win here. The key to the Hammers promotion last season was their exceptional away form, winning a club record 13 and losing only 4. Granted this is now the Premiership but Swansea's squad is more similar to a championship squad than the likes of Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton etc so they'll go into this game targetting 3 points. West Ham's victories on the road last season were largely down to their counter attacking play and their strength at set pieces. This is where I think the game will be won. Swansea's impressive 5-0 victory at QPR was also down to counter attacking but it's yet to be seen how they will operate at home. If both teams operate like this on Saturday then I expect the home team to have to change their play and take the game to West Ham. I don't think there is much difference between the squads and the imminent arrival of pacey winger Matt Jarvis to go alongside the impressive Vaz Te will only add to my confidence. West Ham to win @ 54/19 (Pinnacle) 1.5pts (5)
Individual mistakes cosing West Ham. P/L= -1.5

I would expect this to be a tight match, Swansea are very difficult to beat at home and last season West Ham had a brilliant away record losing just four times. Swansea as they always do will look to monopolise possession and last week they looked more potent going forward than they did under Brendan Rodgers. West Ham will look to hit Swansea on the counter attack exploiting the holes Swansea leave at the back. Last season Swansea collected the lowest number of yellow cards (40). West Ham have a very physical prescence and I can see them trying to get amongst Swansea like a typical Allardyce side. West Ham Most Booking Points 1.75 WilliamHill
Won this comfortably. Swansea look like they will have another good season