** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tottenham v West Brom > Sat 25 August

Re: Tottenham v West Brom > Sat 25 August Tottenham vs West Brom I've dived into this bet quite early, as I think there is enough value for me to back after doing a few days of odds drifting. Starting with the results from the first fixture, these two teams have had different fortunes. West Brom winning 3 - 0 against Liverpool and Tottenham losing 1 - 2 away at Newcastle. Starting with West Brom, their 3 - 0 win over Liverpool was a somewhat flattering scoreline. It wasn't as comfortable as it seemed and though they could have extended their lead , Liverpool had chances in critical places in the game that would have easily changed the result. Suarez perhaps missing the best chance to give Liverpool the lead. Also the fact that Liverpool were down to 10 men having conceded a penalty didn't help their cause. Though the resultant penalty was missed by Long, things went West Brom's way to manage to score 3 and keep a clean sheet. Liverpool's performance was also very patchy, though that is less relevant in this preview. Having said all that, West Brom were very organised and of course in football you have to take your chances. Most results consists of many ingredients and things usually have to go your way... perhaps more on this in the other previews for this set of games. But 3 points, 3 goals to nil against Liverpool is an excellent result for the Baggies and is deserved. Tottenham would have felt they did enough to get perhaps at least a point from their trip north to the now named Sports Direct arena. They had flashes of brilliance with the likes of Bale, and Defoe looks completely refreshed after the events over the summer and looks potent in front of goal and will threaten. However, having said all that, they are still a different team from the start of last season under Redknapp, where should Defoe have scored that goal to win 2 - 3 away at the Etihad, they were serious contenders to challenge the title. From the late Balotelli penalty to get the win for City, spurs have started to slide downhill and this poorer form will have continued into this season. They have had a turbulent summer with many changes in different aspects. They are still an excellent team, but realistic targets for this season will probably be the Champions league, though looking at the clubs also challenging and their spending, you'd say its going to be more difficult than last season. The reception for Villas-Boas from the Spurs fans have been mixed. I personally felt Villas-Boas should have been given more time at Chelsea, and believed in him to turn things around should he have got his time to change the squad and the play style. Though having said all that again, his record for Chelsea is poor. Perhaps he didn't get the lucky breaks Di Matteo gets, I don't recall many performances by his Chelsea team that I regarded as excellent. One somewhat relevant game was Chelsea's 2 - 1 Win over West Brom at this stage last season for AVB's first game in charge of Chelsea at home. There are many similarities between the games and in the 2 - 1 game Chelsea were not convincing at all. Of course Tottenham is still the favourites to get the 3 points against West Brom, but having drifted personal odds of 1x2 60/27/13, the value is on West Brom. Villas-Boas and Tottenham needs more time before they potentially play at their best. It is still a very turbulent time at White Hart Lane before the transfer window closes and West Brom are relatively more stable and more organised already. They can challenge Tottenham's authority in this fixture. 25/8/12 EPL Tottenham vs West Brom West Brom +1.0 2.075 Bet365 10/10 OPEN 25/8/12 EPL Tottenham vs West Brom Draw 4.560 Pinnacle 3/10 OPEN

Re: Tottenham v West Brom > Sat 25 August West brom were quite lucky against Liverpool and the 3 nil scoreline was actually abit flattering for them. On another day it couldve been 4-3 to Liverpool Spurs looked very dangerous against Newcastle, created lots of chances and hit the woodwork a few times. I can see the spurs attack easily exploiting the same holes as liverpool found in the west brom defense. And with the two central midfielders in front of the spurs back four I can see them coping easily with the west broom counter attack Easy spurs win!

Re: Tottenham v West Brom > Sat 25 August Defoe to score anytime 2.2 ( Blue Square) He loves scoring against the Albion, I cant find exact stats on his record but he has scored at least 80% of the game against us, In our first game Luis Suarez was given a good 3 good chances and if Defoe gets the same amount of chances we all no that he will tuck them away, His pace will also trouble Ollson and Gareth, Would expect a fair few goals in this games and Defoe will get one

Re: Tottenham v West Brom > Sat 25 August Tottenham look a bit short to me here. West Brom had a great result last week and although Liverpool and in particular Suarez missed a few chances i didn't expect West Brom to win let alone win so comfortably. The loan signing of Lukaku is a great bit of business IMO and i think he will do very well for the Baggies this season. Kaboul is out for Spurs and he will be a big miss for us and i can't see us keeping a clean sheet tomorrow as West Brom have some good attacking options up front with Odemwingie, Long and Lukaku to choose from. The signing of Adebayor is one that we very much needed but if we to challenge for a Top 4 spot then we need another striker in as an injury to Ade will leave us with only Defoe and Kane again. I expect Spurs to get joy down the wings tomorrow but this will be a tight game. West Brom had a good record away from home last season (W7 D5 L7) and i think they are too long at 6/1 to win a WHL. There is still uncertainty about the Modric saga which is getting really frustrating from a fans point of view and although i'm not going to bet on this game as i don't bet on games involving my team, i would recommend backing West Brom +1 AH 2.05 @ Bet365 and another couple of bets i think is likely to happen is BTTS 1.75 @ Betfair and Over 2.5 goals 1.74 @ Betfair. I won't be having a bet on this game but those are the bets i would recommend.

Re: Tottenham v West Brom > Sat 25 August I will go for goals in this fixture, instead of picking the winner The main reason for that is that I remember how Chelsea performed under AVB at the start of last season - 2:1 against WBA, 3:1 against Norwich, 4:1 with Swansea. They couldn't keep a clean sheet at home and I think that's due to AVB's tactics - playing with high back line + pressing constantly, leaving themselves open to counter-attacks, though. And I think he will try to apply the same at Tottenham, and against WBA, who are quite good at counter attacking (proved in Liverpool game), I think Spurs will concede at least one. On th other side they have a lot of potential going forward therefore I think >3 golas are on the cards. >3 goals 2 5/10pts with bet365

Tottenham @ 1.57 - William hill. I think these are fair odds for spurs as I can still see them finishing in the top five, despite the changes. Judging by last weekend you could probably drive a tank through Albion's defence. They were also pretty good going forward, although they won a couple of PENs they did put the Liverpool back line under a severe amount of pressure. Because of the changes at spurs, and the way Albion have started this season I think they will take the game to the home side, which will play into their hands I feel. Spurs usually struggle at home when faced with defensively organised sides, and I don't see that from Albion. Spurs created enough against Newcastle to suggest they aren't dead and buried, and if you give them too much room they will hurt you. I can't remember what the odds were last season, but I think you'd normally expect spurs to be priced around 1.3.

Re: Tottenham v West Brom > Sat 25 August

Tottenham vs West Brom 25/8/12 EPL Tottenham vs West Brom West Brom +1.0 2.075 Bet365 10/10 OPEN 25/8/12 EPL Tottenham vs West Brom Draw 4.560 Pinnacle 3/10 OPEN
Tottenham started very brightly and moved the ball well. Bale and Lennon looked full of energy and dangerous but they failed to test Foster at all in the first half. West Brom arguably had the best chances with Lukaku and Fortune, but it was Tottenham who broke the deadlock late in the second half, with a slice of luck as a wicked deflection took Assou-Ekotto's fierce shot into the goal. It was somewhat lucky West Brom leveled in the 90th minute for me, but it had been coming. Corners flying in and the first cleared off the line on to the crossbar, and the second cleared off the line again before Morrison finished with a neat shot into the corner. Even Villas-Boas admitted West Brom deserved a point from the game. 25/8/12 EPL Tottenham vs West Brom West Brom +1.0 2.075 Bet365 10/10 FT 1 - 1 +10.75 units 25/8/12 EPL Tottenham vs West Brom Draw 4.560 Pinnacle 3/10 FT 1 - 1 +10.68 units