UKPTC1 - 20-22 July

kevshat

The first UKPTC of the season has arrived and begins on Friday morning. Same format as last year, best of 7 frames all the way through and all done and dusted inside three days. As with last year matches will be streamed live on the live snooker streaming or bookmakers streaming facility. Draw and schedule for this tournament can be found here: http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/44/b6/0,,13165~177732,00.pdf

Re: UKPTC1 - 20-22 July Tournament preview: 1pt ew S.Murphy to win UKPTC1 12/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-4)

Murphy made the final of the Six Red World Championship and was in the quarter finals of the Australian Open where he lost in a deciding frame to Peter Ebdon but he looks like he is hitting the ball well and he scores heavily when he’s in which can be important because if you can win frames and matches quickly and have more recovery time it can be a huge help. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/ukptc1-betting-shaun-murphy-looks-to-be-playing-well-enough-to-go-deep-into-the-weekend-in-first-ukptc-event

Re: UKPTC1 - 20-22 July

Tournament preview: 1pt ew S.Murphy to win UKPTC1 12/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-4)

Murphy made the final of the Six Red World Championship and was in the quarter finals of the Australian Open where he lost in a deciding frame to Peter Ebdon but he looks like he is hitting the ball well and he scores heavily when he’s in which can be important because if you can win frames and matches quickly and have more recovery time it can be a huge help. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/ukptc1-betting-shaun-murphy-looks-to-be-playing-well-enough-to-go-deep-into-the-weekend-in-first-ukptc-event

3 other outrights for me going into this tournament. 1pt ew S.Lee to win UKPTC1 22/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-4) Stephen Lee is another who is hitting the ball well and we saw in the Asian PTC that this format doesn't hamper him at all. He made the final of that tournament before he lost to the in form Stuart Bingham and I would see no reason why he won't go well in this event. He is the defending overall PTC champion so he will want to make sure he runs up enough money to make sure he's back in the finals at the end of this series of PTC events and to do that he needs to keep going deep in events. You can't say the draw has been kind to Lee as he could face Mark Williams in the second day and he would be a potential semi final opponent for Judd Trump although the each way payout will be secure by then. Saying that Williams was rotten in these events last year and Trump hasn't clicked this season yet. Lee's hitting the ball well, he's had a few decent runs already this season and I expect a decent showing from him this weekend. 0.5pts ew X.Guodong to win UKPTC1 100/1 Apollobet (1/4 1-4) Xiao Guodong is still very much a work in progress snooker player but he really couldn't have asked for a better draw this weekend. In the little section of his draw which he would need to come through to get to the last 16 and finals day there isn't a top 16 player in sight and isn't even a top 32 player around either other than Dominic Dale and he's teetering on the edge of it. Admittedly in the quarter final he could have to face Mark Selby but with his early draw before that quarter final being as smooth as it is if he plays well I have to have a little bit of the Chinese youngster at a price which is a lot bigger than the difficulty of his draw would suggest. Xiao has already qualified for the Australian Open this season so he's been winning matches, he made two quarter final appearances and a semi final appearance in the PTC's last year so he can go well in them so with the form and the draw he has 100/1 looks too big to me. 0.5pts ew L.Brecel to win UKPTC1 150/1 Apollobet (1/4 1-4) Luca Brecel hasn't been given a nice draw as he would be an early opponent for Judd Trump but the one thing we know about the Belgian youngster is that he's in excellent form. In an invitation event in Austria last week he made two 147's which hasn't been done by anyone else in a tournament before which indicates the talent this youngster has. We saw his raw talent at the World Championships last year where the match length and quality of opponent was too much for him but these shorter sprints are much more to his liking and if he gets ahead in these games he has no issues closing them out. I expect this season to be a real breakthrough season for the Belgian, a season where we see a bit more consistency to go with his extreme talent and while Judd Trump is lurking as early as the last 16 I still think that consistency can begin this weekend.

Re: UKPTC1 - 20-22 July Couple of match previews for Saturday.... 4pts T.Drago to beat J.White 11/10 Skybet

These two will have met each other on plenty of occasions but their most recent match was in a PTC tournament last season where Drago prevailed in a deciding frame. I think Drago might well win this one too. He has won a few matches this season and will know in order to justify his wildcard onto the tour he needs to keep winning a few matches. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/white-vs-drago-betting-tony-drago-has-the-confidence-to-win-the-battle-of-the-well-liked-veterans 3pts L.Brecel to beat G.Dott 5/4 Apollobet

Dott’s early season form hasn’t been the best, it rarely is, so he could be there for the taking if Brecel can bring his best game to the table with him. Brecel has the talent to win this match and with his scoring form he should have the confidence and scoring power to win it too. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/dott-vs-brecel-betting-luca-brecel-has-the-form-to-surprise-dott-in-the-opening-round-of-ukptc1

Re: UKPTC1 - 20-22 July Preview for Sunday's last 16. 4pts D.Harold to beat A.Higginson 6/5 Apollobet

Both men have enjoyed good wins in this tournament but you don’t beat Mark Selby if you are not playing well so we can judge from that just how well Dave Harold has played so far. Admittedly Sunday is another day but I certainly think Harold has every chance in this match, better than every chance in fact, I think he has a very good chance. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/harold-vs-higginson-betting-dave-harold-can-build-on-the-confidence-of-selby-win-by-beating-higginson