Jump Racing ~ Sunday 15th July

3.50 Stratford: Birmingham Post Handicap Chase (For the Stratford Summer Cup)(Class 2) (2m1f110yds) It’s a pity that only a handful of trainers have supported this decent contest but it should be an intriguing race never the less. The favourite can be tricky and although he has been fairly consistent he does seem to need a quick pace to run at and use his stamina close home. I’m not sure he will get that here and the top weight Passato may just have too many gears for him on this sharp track in a small field. The others look badly handicapped although the 10lb claim off Get It On may bring him into the equation. Selection; 3pts Passato 7/2 Ladbrokes Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/stratford-betting--top-weight-passato-to-land-sunday-s-feature-race-at-stratford

Re: Jump Racing ~ Sunday 15th July 3:20 Stratford Was intending to call this an intriguing race, but as BH has already used that adjective I'll opt to label it as a puzzling encounter where cases can be made for half the field. The runner that really interests me is Smallib Monterg, who has Tom O'Brien returning to the saddle after an absence of one race. He has a 100% record (2 in 2) on the 6yo, which accounts for all the horses black type. The jockey is 5 wins from 7 when riding for Dr R D P Newland over the past year. Trainer, J P Ferguson is on an impressive 25 winners from just 92 runners at the start of his fledgling career and sends LTO winner Dubawi Phantom here. Dual discipline winner, Osgood is Mick Channon's offering, although whether the trainer can maintain his NH form against more classier opposition remains to be seen. Nigel TD has a great record at the track, although his stable are not firing in the winners at present. N B King sends Fashionable Gal who racked up a CD win 12 days ago. My decision in backing Smallib Monterg lies in the potential improvement by using Tom O'Brien again and the fact that the odds should be quite generous.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.