Flat Racing - Tuesday10th July

3.00 Pontefract - 3pts win Xclaim @ 6/1 (PP) Micky Hammond's lightly raced 4 year old is of serious interest in this 1m2f handicap and if building on his highly encouraging stable/seasonal debut at Redcar last time out, must go close in this event. He's only had two starts in handicaps to date and has run good races on both previous efforts with a recent run under his belt. His 2nd start of his career when beaten 13 1/2l was a very strong maiden with horses now rated 117, 105, 85, 89 and 73 finishing ahead of him respectively. On that, with further needed, a mark of 67 doesn't look beyond him and he hasn't done anything since to suggest otherwise. His final maiden start came after six months off the track before running well over an insufficient 7f at Goodwood. Even this came off the back of a (smaller) break so he hasn't really had the chance to run with race fitness on his side. His recent 3rd was very promising in the mud - staying on well to close on the runner-up behind a winner who has gone in again since. On that evidence, the stiff finish here will prove ideal off the same mark. The yard are in form so it seems extremely reasonable to expect a big run. 3.15 Wolverhampton - 3pts win Rei D'oro @ 9/1 (Bet365) Posted this last time:

8.00 Goodwood - 3pts win Rei D'oro @ 9/1 (Hills) I often find it hard to assess races like this - where there are a number of potentially progressive types - but I think David Simcock's runner is fairly treated off a mark of 74 and is capable of better having only had four starts to date. He didn't show much on debut with 10th at Wolverhampton but shaped with abundant promise next time out at Kempton when running green, having to check off heels up the straight before staying on well into a 2l 3rd over a mile. He's a big sort who clearly would be better over further than the trip he competed over there. He again shaped as if a mile was the bare minimum for him when winning his maiden on his 3rd start back at Wolverhampton. He was under pressure a fair way out for an even money shot and looked held turning in when he had three lengths to find and under the whip. However, his stamina started to tell as he wore down the leaders and forged on close home to win by 1 1/4l. The runner-up there has been narrowly denied since in a handicap off 69 so on that I really don't see why my selection can't win off 74 upped in trip. He was subsequently stepped up to 1m4f at Chepstow last time but a four-runner race was hardly ideal for him. He plugged on but it was his first run in over three months and should have come on for that. He was beaten 3 1/4l in the end but a stronger pace here will suit (more likely given number of runners) and the front two franked the form from the Welsh venue. They filled the 1st and 3rd positions in valuable handicap at Musselburgh next time out so it adds to the strength of Rei D'oro's chances here. Handled turf last time and if going on the ground, he'll go very well I think.
Ran a bit disappointingly in the end but had enough excuses to suggest he can bounce back today. Firstly the ground being on the soft side may not have been ideal and given it was his first try under such circumstances means it's plausible he just wants a sound surface. Secondly, the track wouldn't have been ideal for a galloping sort such as himself who became a bit unbalanced when put under pressure up the straight. He returns to a course and surface he's proven at here at Wolverhampton and the polytrack and although he's yet to show as much over this trip, I still think it'll be right for him. He's still fairly handicapped I believe and I'd be very surprised if he didn't put in a better showing this afternoon.

Re: Flat Racing - Tuesday10th July with weather ruining the ground ill stay on a.w today 2.15 wolv marinus 9pts speed 80 anjomarba 7pts speed 76 almaty express 6pts speed 80 glastonberry 6pts blueberry fizz 6pts marinus has a 7lb claimer on board today which puts him on a fantastic mark and if the jockey has anything about him then surely must run well today ......price of 9/2 looks very decent ......plenty others in with chances but anjomarba has dropped to a nice mark and might pop up soon .....poor draw to overcome today and will need plenty of luck to figure but 14/1 price would be huge if got good start marinus 2pts win 9/2 bet365 anjomarba 1pt saver 14/1 lads almaty express could be a danger drawn 5

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.