If the horse gets confidence..........

I've been looking at the 3.30 at Ayr tomorrow and the favourite is The Nifty Fox who won last time out after a long losing spell of 37 races over 3 years The Spotlight comment in the Post says .........'doesn´t find it easy to get his head in front but remains well handicapped on old form, stays 6f and perhaps that win has given his confidence a boost' There's not a great deal of evidence that he does stay 6 furlongs but the thing that got my attention was not that but the bit about his confidence being given a boost by winning LTO Is that just a load of old codswallop ? Do horses have 'confidence issues' ?............do they know that they've won a race ? Any horsey people want to try and persuade me that horses gain confidence from winning a race ? I suspect it's a load of old tosh

Re: If the horse gets confidence.......... I think it is rubbish. A horse hasn't a clue if it has won a race imo. It knows it has a man on top, and knows it has to speed up when asked to, and thinks "fekk it, why are you hitting me you beetch" when it gets a whip... A horse that wins and then maybe goes on a winning run is pure and simply the trainer getting the horse spot on and well handicapped in my opinion, nothing to do with the horse's confidence imo.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.