Distace Help

Rather new to the racing game, but would like some help please from anyone. I am someone who likes to use ratings to make a selection, and the rating I use is based on class of race and distance beaten, my problem is the distance of the race itself. For example lets take two horses running in the same class, lets say class 5 LTO, horse (A) gets beat 6L, and scores for that 85, horse (B) gets beat 3L his score is 88. The problem horse (A) LTO ran 7f while horse (B) ran 9f, this is where I need help how can I adjust the ratiing to incude the distance of the race.

Re: Distace Help In general the longer the race the longer the distance horses are beaten so you could ajust all races to a mile work from that, for example a horse beaten a length over 5 furlongs would be 1.6 lengths at a mile and a horse beaten 2 lengths at 10 furlongs would also be 1.6 lengths at a mile. Calculate this by: lengths beaten \ race distance * 8 furlongs. Just an idea but i can't see it being very reliable, with all horses suited by different distances but might be worth trying .

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.