** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Long shots kick the bucket

Ok gotta be quick before the first race goes off, so i will post more about my little system after the days racing, but basically its a system that goes for longshots, done a little history on it and it seems to work but have not done any extended analysis of the results so it really is trial and error, but here goes.

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

LINGFIELD

FULVIO

LINGFIELD

FEMINIST

MARKET RASEN

SIEGFIEDS NIGHT

LINGFIELD

BARTON SANDS

SOUTHWELL

ZORN

MARKET RASEN

COUNTRY CLASSIC

LINGFEILD

ROMAN MAZE

SOUTHWELL

ZANTERO

MARKET RASEN

BDELLIUM

MARKET RASEN

COURAGE UNDER FIRE

LINGFIELD

ENTERTAIN

MARKET RASEN

SIMLET

LINGFIELD

LARA FALANA

SOUTHWELL

GRANDMA LILY

I have not really worked out if they are best to do place or just straight out wins but for this little trial i will do wins only, also i would only ever get the prices from an exchange simply because on longshots they are always much higher. Probably all lose now anyway. good luck anyway.

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Heres todays results

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

RESULTS

LINGFIELD

FULVIO

LOSER

LINGFIELD

FEMINIST

2nd 11/1

MARKET RASEN

SIEGFIEDS NIGHT

2nd 14/1

LINGFIELD

BARTON SANDS

WON 5/1

SOUTHWELL

ZORN

2nd 6/1

MARKET RASEN

COUNTRY CLASSIC

3rd 11/1

LINGFEILD

ROMAN MAZE

2nd 7/1

SOUTHWELL

ZANTERO

LOSER

MARKET RASEN

BDELLIUM

LOSER

MARKET RASEN

COURAGE UNDER FIRE

WON 11/2

LINGFIELD

ENTERTAIN

LOSER

MARKET RASEN

SIMLET

LOSER

LINGFIELD

LARA FALANA

2nd 9/1

SOUTHWELL

GRANDMA LILY

WON 4/1

Profit/Loss

+6.5

Not a bad start i suppose though it would have been tastier if one of the placed horses would have gone in, a very quick analysis of the days results shows me that there were just the 3 winners but at prices that gave a profit, in terms of placed horses there were 9 out of 14 and would have returned a nice profit on the day. Also all the above winners and placed horses were generally at much better odds on betfair which would increase the profits i am sure, as an example 2 of the 3 winners were at much better prices today on betfair and the lowest price for a place on any of the horses today was 2.24 which was a loser anyway and if you would have done the places only on betfair you would in effect of had 9 winners from 14 at prices from 2.28 - 4.7, again not too bad. The problem with using exchanges is that it is very hard to pinpoint the price on here, if as an example i saw a horse at 10s when the bookies had it at 7s only my word is available as proof of that and therefore for no clouding of the price i will use sp, but please be aware that the odds are better for longshots on the exchanges. Anyway like i said this is really trial and error and maybe at some stage i will keep a running record of placed horses but for now its win only and a winning first day. Good Luck all. PS if any result or my figures are wrong please let me know.

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Hello to onedunme and ralphie7 and thank you for your kind words and encouragement :D Ralphie7 i did work the profit out on betfair places but in all fairness some of the prices i managed to grab were a bit generous and would never have been available at traditional high street bookies and not knowing the protocol on here etc i decided to avoid posting any prices up from betfair and also the win prices were also a lot better on betfair and again i avoided using those prices for this little trial. But what i have done is keep a record of the prices and depending on how this all pans out over the next week i may well start to include the place profit and loss, i suspect that the places will pay more as long as they are straight place bets as oppose to the traditional ew, but in answer to your question Ralphie doing the direct places on betfair yesterday would have returned over 20pts profit, not sure what it would have been at sp @ 1/5 the odds but expect it would have been significantly lower but still more than the win profit, phew, hope that covers it all. i will post todays system picks at around 12.0 clock. Oh both ONEDUNME and Ralphie 7 i have been following both your threads as well and if i get to your standards then i will be happy.

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Ok heres todays selections

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

LINGFIELD

I WISH

CARLISE

CRATHORNE

LINGFIELD

ACKNOWLEDGMENT

LUDLOW

JAYED

CARLISE

FALCHION

LUDLOW

POLLENSA BAY

CARLISE

EWE BEAUTY

LINGFIELD

SPENCE APPEAL

CARLISE

SANDS RISING

LINGFIELD

INDIAN STEPPES

LUDLOW

GATORADE

CARLISE

SILVER JACK

LINGFIELD

CAPTAIN JOHNNO

LUDLOW

KILDEE LASS

CARLISE

STAR TROOPER

LINGFIELD

GOLDHILL PRINCE

CARLISE

FLINTOFF

LINGFIELD

LAKOTA BRAVE

I am a little disapointed that the system has thrown up so many qualifiers today, its not always like this, i may have to add in another filter at some point but that means going back over previous results etc so that will take time. With regards to todays runners the lowest place price on betfair for any of the above horses is 2.28 and the lowest price for any winner is 6 and the highest place price is 5.1 and the highest win price is 34 so there is definately some juicy prices to be had, though i have found that on longshots the prices mainly seem to go out so waiting until near the off is probably the best thing to do. Also please note that due to non runners there are 2, 7 runner races in the list above, the 4.15 at lingfield and the 4.05 at carlise, however if you are doing place betting betfair places will pay out on 3 places, but double check first. good luck to you all. If anything is wrong above please let me know

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Heres todays results

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

RESULT

LINGFIELD

I WISH

LOSER

CARLISE

CRATHORNE

LOSER

LINGFIELD

ACKNOWLEDGMENT

3rd 25/1

LUDLOW

JAYED

2nd 4/1

CARLISE

FALCHION

LOSER

LUDLOW

POLLENSA BAY

LOSER

CARLISE

EWE BEAUTY

LOSER

LINGFIELD

SPENCE APPEAL

2nd 4/1

CARLISE

SANDS RISING

LOSER

LINGFIELD

INDIAN STEPPES

LOSER

LUDLOW

GATORADE

LOSER

CARLISE

SILVER JACK

LOSER

LINGFIELD

CAPTAIN JOHNNO

2nd 5/1 (15p ded)

LUDLOW

KILDEE LASS

LOSER

CARLISE

STAR TROOPER

LOSER

LINGFIELD

GOLDHILL PRINCE

LOSER (3rd 15/2 Betfair paid on 3rd place)

CARLISE

FLINTOFF

2nd 12/1

LINGFIELD

LAKOTA BRAVE

2nd 8/1

Profit/Loss

Running Total

For those that do the wins only it was obviously a bad day for the system, a bit of seconditis, for those on places only it appears there were some nice prices even though only 6 out of 18 came in (though on betfair you would have been paid on 3rd place on the 4.15 lingfield, i got 3.75 to place and that would have meant 7 places out of 18) I will continue to do this as a win only project but am increasingly becoming convinced that place only on betfair is the way to go. early days yet.

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Hi 247. I followed these selections as place bets today and it seems it could well be the way to go. However yesterday did bring up a few decent priced winners which would be missed with place bets. Give it a while and then have a look back at how different methods would have faired. Maybe look at some staking plans as well and see how they look. Does look an interesting system however. Keep it up Andy

Re: Long shots kick the bucket I agree. Dont know what your staking amounts are is but I wonder if it would be worth a couple of quid to win and three quid for a place or something. I've had some pretty big priced winners in the last three weeks and the price on betfair has ALWAYS been well bigger than the SP price. On the down side, the place price is usually less than a quarter the win odds so its difficult to know what to do. Just as an example, on Sunday I backed pennys crown which won at 20/1 and I got nearer 27/1 on betfair after commision and, on the same day (although it didnt win) bens revenge finished 2nd at 25/1 and Id had a couple of quid on it at 54/1. I know we all bet with different stakes and the downside is that the minimum bet is £2 on betfair but my view is that the ideal situation would be to split the bet between win and place and stick with betfair. My only other question (being purely selfish) would be, what time of day would be the earliest you could post your picks punter, as Im usually at work and cant get on them:( :lol

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Hello Andyirwin, thanks for your support hope we have a better day today with some winners, in terms of stakes etc i am doing both win and place on betfair at the moment but because it is all trial and error at the moment i am doing level stakes as opposed to a staking plan, may well sort out one, i intend to spend the day today analysing past results and see what crops up. ONEDUNME, you are so right about better prices on betfair for big price winners and if you wait long enough you can pick up some good place prices but you right the place prices sometimes can leave a lot to be desired, as an example if a horse on betfair is priced at 10s the place price will reflect that but as soon as the win price is pushed out the place price seems unable to keep pace with it and then the place price looks out of sync, but i still think that in line with sp it is favorable but i would have to defer to you on that as i have no analytical proof of that. For this project onedunme i am just doing £2 wins and £2 place but i think from today onward i will do £2 win £4 place and see how that goes, i will try to post the selections as early as possible but i fear that it will almost always be around midday, i am self employed but have a partner and we tend to be fairly busy on the mornings, but i will try mate :D Finally chaps i have decided to use both betfairs and sp prices, i only use betfair for this and therefore think its only fair, i am not too sure how i will post it all on here but basically from today onwards betfairs prices will be reflected and maybe the place price, i will have to see. I will post the selections up at midday today (sorry onedunme, havnt even got the papers yet:cry better go get them now)

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Heres todays selection, earlier than usual, hope that helps

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

HUNTINGDON

ACCEPTIING

SOUTHWELL

AWAKE

WINCANTON

ELLE ROSEADOR

WINCANTON

TRIBAL DANCER

SOUTHWELL

MYTTONS DREAM

WINCANTON

BISHOPS BRIDGE

HUNTINGDON

DUMFRIES

HUNTINGDON

ROSE OF THE HILL

SOUTHWELL

KING AFTER

WINCANTON

FAST MIX

The win prices on betfair range from 6.8 to 55 and the place range from 2.04 to 6, Good luck today

Re: Long shots kick the bucket The latest reults

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

RESULT

HUNTINGDON

ACCEPTIING

LOSER

SOUTHWELL

AWAKE

LOSER

WINCANTON

ELLE ROSEADOR

LOSER

WINCANTON

TRIBAL DANCER

LOSER

SOUTHWELL

MYTTONS DREAM

LOSER

WINCANTON

BISHOPS BRIDGE

LOSER

HUNTINGDON

DUMFRIES

LOSER

HUNTINGDON

ROSE OF THE HILL

LOSER

SOUTHWELL

KING AFTER

LOSER

WINCANTON

FAST MIX

LOSER

Profit/Loss

Running Total

An awful day what can i say, 10 selections, 10 straight losers, no excuses just a very bad day, not even a single placing. I am not too down, this is the nature of this type of systems, if you go for long shots you have to expect a run of losers, but i must confess that when i did the past results on the system i never had 10 straight losers on place as well, though i should have expected it, it is always the case that when you go public with a system it tends to go all wrong. But i will perservere and hope for a couple of big price winners :D I will post up todays selections as soon as i can.

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Todays selections

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

WOLVERHAMPTON

MISS MONICA

KEMPTON

RAMBLING BRIDGE

WOLVERHAMPTON

PANJANDRUM

WOLVERHAMPTON

NOW LOOK AWAY

KEMPTON

ROYAL ATALZA

BANGOR

AUBURN SPIRIT

WOLVERHAMPTON

GIANTS ROCK

BANGOR

CASSIA GREEN

All i will say today is good luck :hope

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Latest Results

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

RESULT

WOLVERHAMPTON

MISS MONICA

LOSER

KEMPTON

RAMBLING BRIDGE

LOSER

WOLVERHAMPTON

PANJANDRUM

LOSER

WOLVERHAMPTON

NOW LOOK AWAY

LOSER

KEMPTON

ROYAL ATALZA

LOSER

BANGOR

AUBURN SPIRIT

LOSER

WOLVERHAMPTON

GIANTS ROCK

LOSER

BANGOR

CASSIA GREEN

LOSER

Prrofit/Loss

Running Total

As you can see another poor day, maybe i found the perfect lay system :D ONEDUNME thanks for the words of encouragement, i absolutely do intend to keep this going, i obviously have a cut off point where i will have to accept that the system is a dodo but we are nowhere near it yet, i have to give it a chance to unfold one way or the other, strange thing is though in the little bit of back history it showed a healthy profit, sods law really. Anyway i have caught a little bug and have a little bit of sickness so i may be running a little late posting up todays selection, but i will get up as soon as i can. Good luck all today.

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Todays afternoon selections

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

LINGFIELD

RYANS QUEST

NEWBURY

BALLYCASSIDY

LINGFIELD

ART MODERN

LINGFIELD

NORTHERN DESERT

NEWBURY

VICTORY GUNNER

NEWBURY

LUTEA

LINGFIELD

GREENWOOD

There may be some for tonight also, i will post an update later, good luck all, we need it.

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

RESULT

LINGFIELD

RYANS QUEST

LOSER

NEWBURY

BALLYCASSIDY

LOSER

LINGFIELD

ART MODERN

WON 9/2

LINGFIELD

NORTHERN DESERT

NR

NEWBURY

VICTORY GUNNER

LOSER

NEWBURY

LUTEA

LOSER

LINGFIELD

GREENWOOD

LOSER

Profit/Loss

Running Total

Another losing day but only just,thats something :D I was unable to post last nights selections and will struggle today because sickness has taken hold of me, its one thing doing a bit of copying and paste on here its another thing sorting a sytem when your guts are......well you know what i mean. But i will try. ONEDUNME thanks for your support mate, i hope this turns around just for you :hope

Re: Long shots kick the bucket OK here is todays full list

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

EXETER

SCRATCH THE DOVE

AYR

AMBITION ROYAL

HEREFORD

ALESSANDRO SEVERO

AYR

IDEAL DU BOIS BEURY

HEREFORD

ISHKA BAHA

AYR

BEHAVINGBADLY

HEREFORD

IDEAL JACK

AYR

KEMPSKI

HEREFORD

YOUNG LORCAN

EXETER

LORD LINGTON

EXETER

DARE TO DREAM

AYR

WITCH WIND

My apologises for posting erratically today, however all selections were posted before any offs (even if by only 2 mins). Good luck today and fingers crossed.

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

RESULT

EXETER

SCRATCH THE DOVE

LOSER

AYR

AMBITION ROYAL

2nd 8/1

HEREFORD

ALESSANDRO SEVERO

LOSER

AYR

IDEAL DU BOIS BEURY

2nd 10/1

HEREFORD

ISHKA BAHA

3rd 5/1

AYR

BEHAVINGBADLY

LOSER

HEREFORD

IDEAL JACK

NR

AYR

KEMPSKI

2nd 50/1

HEREFORD

YOUNG LORCAN

2nd 11/1

EXETER

LORD LINGTON

LOSER

EXETER

DARE TO DREAM

2nd 11/4

AYR

WITCH WIND

WON 7/2

Profit/Loss

running total

Another losing day but for place punters a profitable one, i am going to spend the day working out the place prices etc and see where that would leave us on this system. andyirwin thanks for the comments, though you may not want to back these horses until the sytem proves itself one way or another. Todays selections will follow shortly.

Re: Long shots kick the bucket Todays selections

TIME

MEETING

SELECTION

WOLVERHAMPTON

WENDYS GIRL

PLUMPTON

MR DINGLAWI

LINGFIELD

FREE STYLE

WOLVERHAMPTON

HENRY TUN