A jay at the races

Just returned from a really brilliant day out in Newmarket, first visiting the National Stud and then sauntering next door to the July course, for the racing. The tour around the stud was not only top class but a steal at just ten notes. Rubbed hooves with thoroughbreds Bahamian Bounty and Amberleigh House, both of whom still look they could cut it despite being 18 and 20 respectively. Pastoral Pursuits and Dick Turpin were also in residence but were being a bit stubborn and didn't come to say hello! There were also several cheeky foals in a large paddock, along with two foster mares, which was almost just as good to see. 320353_10100509595353847_1919117487_n.jpg Bahamian Bounty 532130_10100509785093607_1816883444_n.jpg The mating stable. Notice how it slopes up at the sides - this can make it a bit easier for the stallion to do his business if positioned correctly. 599257_10100509781331147_310311957_n.jpg Leather shoes that the female wears incase she kicks out and damages the stallion's crown jewels. Onto the racing... The July course isn't very pretty and in my view is in need of a new grandstand as the one they have currently looks terribly out of date. If I was to go again I'd make sure I had premier enclosure tickets as there's quite a lot of walking to do from the regular enclosure to the parade ring otherwise. Two winners in City Image and Libranno, so about broke even. Grabbed pictures with Frankie, Mikael Barzalona and Kieron Fallon, which will be added in a few days.553763_10100509782179447_820189010_n.jpg Either Love Your Looks, Russian Rave or Whimsical after the 5:15. Will update when I find out!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.