Flat Racing: Sunday 17th June

4.00 Salisbury: Bathwick Tyres Cathedral Stakes (Listed) (6f) It looks a straight fight between the favourite Our Jonathan and Definightly and I’m pretty sweet on the Charlton runner here. He looks to be coming to hand after his excellent seasonal debut and I don’t think he is 7lbs inferior to his market rival as the ratings suggest. He represents the best value of the two and maybe Libranno can chase them home for the each way money at a fair price. Selections; 3pts Definightly 11/4 Ladbrokes 1pt EW Libranno 10/1 Bet365 Full Preview http://www.punterslounge.com/salisbury-betting--charlton-s-definightly-looks-primed-for-listed-race-at-salisbury

Re: Flat Racing: Sunday 17th June 3.35 Doncaster Marvellous Value 3pts win @ 18/1 Bet365 I like the look of Marvellous Value here in what looks a very competitive handicap. Although he has never won off a mark this high, he did run an absolute cracker in the Ayr Silver Cup off this mark of 89 back in September so could go well here with conditions to suit. He had a few of these in behind that day and he was actually unlucky not to win as he finished like a train to go down by half a length. He did manage to win twice last season over 6f so it’s no surprise he found both 5f starts this year a little too hot. His first win came at Newcastle over 6f where he won comfortably by 4 lengths off 77. He then won at Haydock in similarly easy fashion beating Rio Cobolo off a mark of 84. He followed that run with his excellent 2nd at Ayr before disappointing over CD on his last start of last season. All but one of his career wins has come over 6f so it is no surprise to see him back over 6f. Marvellous Value will not be inconvenienced by the soft ground as some of his rivals could be. He is well drawn in 12 and is actually drawn next to most of the market principals, which should help. He was actually supposed to contest this race last year but was withdrawn before the start. This race actually represents a drop in class from his latest run at Thirsk and even though he was disappointing, he took a couple of runs last year to get going so I wouldn’t worry about his first 2 runs this year. The Michael Dods stable is in form at the moment with 7 winners in the last fortnight from 30 runners. He is actually one of the top trainers at the track even though he doesn’t have the best of strike rates here. Tom Eaves has also had plenty of winners recently and 2 of his wins did come for Michael Dods. The Dods yard also have Mass Rally in this race that could indeed be one of the main dangers to my selection. Bertiewhittle goes for the in form David Barron and he is currently joint favourite. He is closely matched with my selection on their running in the Ayr Silver Cup but is much shorter in the betting. 2.45 Chantilly Beauty Parlour 5pts win @ 10/11 SkyBet I said I would never bet in a French race ever again after what happened last time I had a bet, in what was the messiest race I have ever seen. I am a glutton for punishment though and this is a race that usually throws up a very smart horse. It is also a race that tends to go with the market and this to me looks a 2 horse race. Aiden O’Brien doesn’t have the greatest of records when sending his horses over to France and although he has having an unbelievable season, I am going to go again him here. That being said, I think the form of Kissed was franked by Was on a form line through a horse called Aaraas. Kissed is without doubt the biggest danger to my selection but I fancy Beauty Parlour to win here. In the last few years, this race has thrown up winners such as Golden Lilac, Sarafina, Stacelita and the mighty Zarkava. There is every chance Beauty Parlour could be as good as those horses and she is currently 3rd favourite for the Arc for which I have backed her. She has looked very impressive on every start so far and won comfortably last time out in a group1 over a mile. She is bred to be even better over this sort of distance and I am expecting a special performance from her tomorrow. The only slight doubt is the draw but the main market principals are all drawn high. There should also be no chance of this being run at a slow pace as they have a pacemaker in the race for her. Christophe Soumillion is a jockey who can make a mess of things but I expect him to steer Beauty Parlour to victory tomorrow.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.