FLAT RACING FRI 15TH JUNE

current total 6bets 3 wins staked 12.0 profit +14.95 8.25 chep sammy alexander improving sort been posting good times and looks strong bet 2pts win 5/4 bet365 8.00 good freddie q started with a nice time and looks to have potential for better 2pts win 100/30 will hill 9.05 good love tale ran a cracker lto ..tougher race but more to come on clock? 2pts win 4/1 bet365

Re: FLAT RACING FRI 15TH JUNE 4.10 York Sohraab 2pts win @ 10/1 Boylesports I backed this horse last time out at Epsom but he was slowly away that day and never stood any chance of getting involved from a good draw. I think he has a massive chance back at a more conventional track and with Ryan Moore on board. Moore was actually on board for Sohraab's last victory which came this time last year at Salisbury and that was his only ever ride on the horse. He has been dropped 3lbs since that run at Epsom and he is now 9lbs below his highest ever winning mark and looks attractively handicapped here. He is a CD winner from a few years back and the Hughie Morrison runner are running well at the moment. The race should be run to suit and I would be disappointed if he couldn't get involved in the finish with everything in his favour. 5.15 York Lakeman 1pt EW @ 25/1 Bet365 Bit of a speculative one here as he definitely needs the forecast rain to fall but if it does and the ground comes up soft or heavy then I reckon he has a decent chance here. His 3 career turf wins have come on either soft or heavy ground and although he is yet to win over this trip, he has suggested a few times that he should have no problems with it. He is a course winner from his younger days and is handicapped to win taking into account his jockeys 5lb claim. Brian Ellison took this race last year with a big priced runner and I think there is every chance Lakeman could provide a shock, if the ground deteriorates. There are plenty of front runners in the race which could set it up for something coming from behind. Lakeman himself can be ridden either way but his proven record on soft ground could prove vital. Brian Ellison is in good form at the moment and is showing a massive level stakes profit over the last couple of weeks. He tends to do well at York and although Lakeman is clearly the outsider of his runners in this race, I fancy him to spring a shock. 4.45 York White Frost 1.5pts EW @ 12/1 Boylesports He was very disappointing on his return to action in the Victoria Cup but may have just needed the run. I am happy to give him another chance here on his first start in class 3 company since winning over this trip at Newmarket off 86. He has gone close in class 2 company off 92 since that win but has kindly been dropped 2lbs by the handicapper and drops in grade here. Ryan Moore takes the ride on him for the first time which is a positive and he won’t mind it if the ground comes up soft. His win at Newmarket came on soft ground and he has run well on other occasions on soft ground. He is drawn in the middle here, which isn’t a worry as he clearly relishes running in big fields. He is still relatively lightly raced and there could be more to come from him with that run under his belt. The form of Charlie Hills has to be a worry but they have to get a winner sooner or later.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.