Friends Life T20 2012

kevshat

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Sussex got the job done yesterday whilst Notts' game was called off which was a shame as they were going nicely. Back up to +1.35 for the tournament though and I'm taking the one tonight which Kev has covered in full so not going to talk too much about it. Over 5.5 6's- 5/6 William Hill- (5/10) Like I've said, I can't really add anything to what Kev has said as he has all bases covered. I'm not quite brave enough to go in with a max bet just at the minute, although that potentially could change a little later on when I've seen the pitch but I don't see how we won't see at least 6 maximums here in truth. We've got plenty of big hitters on both sides tonight and one team could quite easily cover this line on their own. There were 14 6's in the most recent match on this ground last week between Leicestershire and Lancashire which puts into perspective how low this line looks. We wouldn't actually need massive scores by either side with this line as even if one side posted a score of 120, we should still see this line covered so more than happy to back the overs.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 26 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northamptonshire v Somerset (18:50 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kent v Middlesex (19:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.84 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 TV match preview: 4pts Kent to beat Middlesex 4/5 Blue Square

Kent need to win and I think they will win even though Middlesex have their England duo back. Kent are a good side this year with good balance with bat and ball and I see no reason why they can’t win this one. Middlesex have a good attack themselves but their batting has been known to let them down especially in this format so I’ll take the side who are more competent at putting up runs to the ones who can if everything falls right. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/kent-vs-middlesex-betting--kent-can-move-into-second-place-in-the-south-group-with-a-win-over-middlesex

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 So far only got 1 bet on the TV match but may go for more later. Kent vs Middlesex Most Economical Bowler: Mark Davies 8/1 @ Stan James (Only includes Mark Davies, Azhar Mahmood, Darren Stevens, Steven Finn, Tom Smith and Gareth Berg) - I think that there is real value in this bet and it amazes me that Mark Davies is the outsider in this market. He has had a fantastic economy rate so far in this seasons t20 competition. He has taken 1-17, 1-19, 0-16 and 1-20 from the four games Kent have played and he has bowled all 4 overs in every game. That means in total he has bowled 16 overs for 3-72 in t20 this season which means his economy rate is 4.50 per over. Whilst Steven Finn is the stand out bowler in this market he is far too short at 2/1 and i think that the 8/1 on Mark Davies is unbelievable value. GL all :ok

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Cheers Big X. Looked a bit shaky at oranges but Lancashire covered the total on their own in the end which like you say shows how low the line was :cigar. I'll come back with my bets in full tomorrow because I want to see where/how the wicket is playing during the Womens game before committing but I need to take this one now because the price is outrageous. 3pts M.Davies Most Economical Bowler 8/1 Stan James This bet includes Darren Stevens, Mark Davies, Azhar Mahmood, Steven Finn, Gareth Berg and Tom Smith. Where this price comes from I do not know. Mark Davies is the most economical bowler of anyone in the tournament who has bowled 10 or more overs in the competition. In 16 overs he is going at just 4.50 an over and hasn't conceded more than 20 from his four overs yet. That isn't a surprise because he's been as tight as a ducks arse in the CB40 too. Steven Finn clearly represents a danger especially as he is bowling well at the minute but should Davies be four times the price? No he shouldn't. We need to remember that Finn's domestic T20 economy rate is 7.25 an over. Stevens is bowling well at the minute and he is going at less than 6.5 an over but everyone else in this market is going at over 7.5 an over in this year's competition. Of course there is the chance that Paul Stirling could catch hold of Mark Davies and do some damage to him but there's the same chance Davies' nagging line and length snaffles him early. From a Kent point of view I'd be more worried that Morgan could take to Stevens and Mahmood which wouldn't be pretty for either's economy rates. For Middlesex, well Smith is underrated as a bowler but I'm not convinced this wicket will turn much with the women's game on it earlier in the day and Berg is military medium. If he wins well that's one of those rare occurances. I believe this is between two players. Finn and Davies and there's no way I make Davies 4 times the price of Finn. 8/1 is borderline insulting on Mark Davies really and with the cannier captain on his side I'll take the wily old fox to be the most economical bowler of the six who count in this match.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Some more for tonight's TV game: Middlesex to beat Kent 20/21 @ Betfair - This is a very tight one to call but i'm going for the Panthers in this one. This is an absolute must win game for Middlesex to stand any realistic chance of making the quarter finals and they are likely to need to win all 5 of their last games to get there. Kent on the other hand IMO are under less pressure as even if they lose they will still have a chance of reaching the quarter-finals. The return of Morgan, Finn and Stirling is a big boost for Middlesex and whilst their batting has been poor this year, the return of Morgan and Striling for this game will give them a much needed boost as both of them are capable of being game changers with their big hitting. Middlesex's bowling on the other hand has been fairly consistent and they haven't been set more than 161 in all of their five games where they have bowled first and the return of Finn will boost their bowling attack. Kent on the other hand are a solid side but i feel that they are a genuine batsman light and they have a number of good all-rounders including Azhar Mahmood, Darren Stevens etc. but at the top of the order their only players that can be considered an out and out batsman is Key, Billings, Northeast and Nash and 2 of those players are still very young. In the bowling department i think they are strong with a mixture of experience and youngesters and the likes of Ball and Coles have been impressive as well as the old boys like Davies, Stevens and Tredwell. Overall, though i think that the need to win for Middlesex more than Kent and the return of Morgan, Finn and Stirling will see Middlesex edge out Kent in a close match. Top Kent Batsman: Darren Stevens 9/2 @ Bet Victor - Darren Stevens has had a good start to the t20 competition this year with the bat where he has scored 43*, 21, 14 and 60 which means this season he has an average of 46 in this years t20. His career batting average in t20 cricket is 30 which is very good for an all-rounder. Also, this season he has been coming in at number 4 for Kent which means that he is very likely to have the chance to bat and have time to get a big score. I'll take the veteran to be top batsman for the Spitfires here. Top Middlesex Batsman: Paul Stirling 4/1 @ Bet Victor - For me this market is mainly between two players - Stirling and Morgan. I've gone for Paul Stirling because in the 3 games he has played in the t20 this year he has scored 71, 2 and 36 which gives him an average of 36. Whilst Morgan is the more talented batsman, he hasn't played in the t20 for Middlesex this year and so i will go for Stirling. Canterbury is not a huge ground so it will suit Stirling as he is Middlesex's main big hitter. Although, Middlesex have other talented batsman like Denly and Malan, i think Stirling and Morgan are the big 2 in this market because Denly's form in the t20 this year has been very poor and he has only managed to get into double figures in 1 game out of 5. Malan on the other hand has been fairly consistent so far in this format with scores of 46,38,26,25 and 1 with an average of 27. However, i think that Canterbury will suit Stirling more as he is a bigger hitter of the ball than Malan.

One more for me. 4pts Over 30.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill The only match at Canterbury so far was the one on Sunday where 135 played 138 and there were 34 boundaries in that game so immediately this line looks a little low. That was on a used wicket too where it was hard to score and Hampshire, like Middlesex, had a very good bowling attack playing. I've watched the first half of the women's game here and the wicket looks superb so I expect a few runs tonight. Nor sure whether they will come in multiples of sixes but be it fours or sixes I think the ropes will be attacked. There's good batsmen on both sides and the return of Stirling and Morgan looks an added bonus for us here. The sixes line looks about right but this boundaries one looks very low with the batsmen on show and the wicket looking so good so I'll take the boundaries rather than the sixes tonight. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Looks like the 6's bet worked out nicely for everyone yesterday. Taking 2 today in the TV match. GL on that Davies bet guys, massive price if that comes in. :hope Over 30.5 boundaries- 5/6 William Hill- (4/10) Not interested in the 6's count tonight but hopefully they will contribute to this line. As Kev has noted, there were 34 boundaries scored in the most recent match here and the scores weren't particularly high either which shows that this line is on the low side. Plenty of good batsman on show tonight for both sides, with Morgan and Stirling returning for Middlesex which is a huge boost for them. The wicket looks pretty decent judging by the women's match that is going on so I'll back the overs here. Darren Stevens to score more runs than Azhar Mahmood- Evens William Hill- (4/10) I have no idea why Stevens is the outsider here given the way he has been playing. He has shown over the years just how good he is in this format and this year has been no different with him topping the run scoring charts for Kent and scoring 43, 21, 14 and 60 with the bat which is a superb return in T20. In fact Stevens has outscore Mahmood in 3 of the 4 matches thus far which indicates to me that the two prices should be the other way round with Stevens favourite. Mahmood will come in at 3, just above Stevens but even though he may be at the crease earlier, he may be forced to play Finn with the new ball which won't be easy. Stevens' form is just generally better and more consistent whilst Mahmood is a bit hit and miss so I'll favour Stevens here.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 No joy tonight with Stevens not getting going but the boundaries bet sailed in which leaves me on +4.84 for the tournament so still not really got going. Unlucky on Davies tonight guys, thought he had it after the first innings but Kent couldn't really cope with Finn's pace unfortunately. :sad

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 27 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Durham v Derbyshire (17:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gloucestershire v Warwickshire (17:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.69 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesex v Hampshire (17:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.18 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.73 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leicestershire v Yorkshire (17:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.58 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Wednesday's TV match preview: 4pts Leicestershire to beat Yorkshire 13/8 Bet365

In the reverse fixture between these two Leicestershire were cruising in their chase of 171 but a major collapse late in the innings denied them but now that they seem to have their batting line up sorted out and it is firing I think they will go a lot closer here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/leicestershire-vs-yorkshire-betting--defending-champions-can-pick-up-much-needed-win-in-front-of-the-tv-cameras

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Frustrating night albeit slightly profitable night on Tuesday. Davies set Finn a stiff target but Kent losing those 4 wickets in 4 balls and having tail enders in when Finn came back killed that otherwise the jackpot might well have been hit. Definitely one which got away. +0.34 for the night and +7.89pts overall but can't find any consistency to really launch this tournament for me yet. Still bags of time though. I'll come back with Wednesday's bets in the morning when I've studied forecasts and team news comes out and stuff but those who do want a bet before then my preview of the TV match is above.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012

Wednesday's TV match preview: 4pts Leicestershire to beat Yorkshire 13/8 Bet365

In the reverse fixture between these two Leicestershire were cruising in their chase of 171 but a major collapse late in the innings denied them but now that they seem to have their batting line up sorted out and it is firing I think they will go a lot closer here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/leicestershire-vs-yorkshire-betting--defending-champions-can-pick-up-much-needed-win-in-front-of-the-tv-cameras

As well as the above which I've had to take at Blue Square, I'm going with 4 others tonight. 3 of them in the TV match which I'll do first. 4pts Leicestershire Highest 1st 6 overs 5/4 Stan James As I mentioned in the preview above Leicestershire look to have sorted their batting line up out now and Abdul Razzaq is opening the batting which gives them a huge boost in the six overs bet. Razzaq and Hoggard can keep it tight for the Foxes with the ball while Cobb and Razzaq can certainly score quickly with the bat. A couple of reasons why I like this bet though are Andrew Gale isn't playing for Yorkshire tonight and neither is Ryan Sidebottom. That means Starc will open the bowling with either Ashraf or Patterson and I've not yet seen Starc bowl a decent ball in front of the cameras this season. Adam Lyth is likely to open with the bat but Leicestershire's first six overs bowling isn't too bad it's only when the lesser seamers come on that they concede big runs. When these two met in the reverse fixture Yorkshire won by 5 runs in the first six overs but Andrew Gale hit 70 in that match and he's not around tonight. I think this price looks a fair price on the Foxes to lead through six overs with Gale and Sidebottom missing. 3pts J.Cobb's Performance Pts - 28&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Josh Cobb hasn't lit the tournament up in the way he did last year quite yet but he's still had a couple of fair efforts with the bat and he's often good for four overs with the ball. Yorkshire didn't look to play spin too well in the game they were on TV in against Derbyshire so I would imagine he will bowl a few overs this evening. In the reverse fixture he bowled two overs for seven without taking a wicket but it shows he kept the batsmen under wraps when Yorkshire made 170 at 8.5 an over. In that match he made 46 runs and took two catches for a 66 point haul and with Sidebottom not featuring in this match I would expect him to go well up top with the bat for the Foxes. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this total is covered with the bat but with the two other scoring methods very much in play then the total looks a bit on the low side to me which leads me to the overs. 1pt ew M.Boyce Top Leicestershire Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1-3) Until now Matthew Boyce is probably best known for his five catches in the final of this competition last season but he's a decent enough batsman in his own right. He top scored against Lancashire last week with a brutal 60 odd and he then came second in the match against Australia last week too. He has placed in most innings in the T20 this season but often in those he has run out of time to top score. He showed at Old Trafford what he can do and given that he'll be in when the lesser Yorkshire bowlers are in action I think the fielding extraordinaire looks a decent enough each way punt to me, especially when he is due in at number four this evening. And away from the TV..... 4pts Hampshire to beat Middlesex 4/5 BetVictor Middlesex played very well last night but Kent didn't half lob down some tripe at them and I don't expect the Hampshire bowlers to be so weak with the ball. The big news for Middlesex is that there is no Steven Finn or Eoin Morgan this evening so after the openers their batting weakens quite significantly while with the ball other than Roland-Jones there is no out and out pace to worry the Hampshire batsmen. Sadly for Hampshire Michael Carberry has gone lame prior to this match but Simon Katich is able to replace him so they don't lose out too much there. Hampshire's batting line up isn't the strongest but it does contain two or three excellent finishers which can either propel any total or chase down a target and in the form of Glenn Maxwell they have someone who can match up to Paul Stirling in the hitting stakes. With the likes of Mascarenhas and Briggs with the ball Hampshire have an attack to restrict Middlesex to a score and the batting line up to put up runs as well so even at 4/5 I'll take the 2010 winners in this match.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Just the two for me tonight over in the TV match where I'm going for a bit of value. Leicestershire (Most 6's) vs Yorkshire- 7/4 Stan James- (3/10) Think Leicestershire are good value in this 6's bet tonight in their own back yard. Boundaries have actually been pretty hard to come by up at Leicester this season in the T20 and there haven't been a tons of runs scored there with the highest score only being 154. There's a few reasons why I like Leicestershire tonight. The main reason being the news teams. Yorkshire will be without Andrew Gale and Bairstow, who are two of their main boundary scorers which only really leaves David Miller and Gary Ballance as the main threats for the sixes for Yorkshire. They will also be without Ryan Sidebottom tonight who usually keeps things pretty tight and doesn't go for too many so that significantly weakens the Yorkshire bowling attack. The Foxes have the likes of Razzaq, Cobb, Du Toit, White, Smith and Boyce who can all hit a long ball which shows the attacking nature that Leicestershire have in their side. Yorkshire's main man so far with the ball has been Mitchell Starc but on TV this season he's been terrible in truth. Leicestershire know the conditions well up at Leicester and should know how the pitch is playing so I'll back them to outscore Yorkshire on the maximum front. Robert Taylor Most Economical Bowler- 9/2 Stan James- (2/10) Only Mitchell Starc, Moin Ashraf, Ryan Sidebottom, Robert Taylor, Claude Henderson and Abdul Razzaq count in this market. Rob Taylor looks a big price to me here. As usually is the case in this market, there's a player we can immediately rule out and today that is Ryan Sidebottom as he's out with a calf problem. Now although Mitchell Starc has been taking wickets for fun in the tournament so far, he's been absolutely pony in the TV matches that Yorkshire have been involved in so I think he's way too short to be backed here. Abdul Razzaq and Claude Henderson haven't been as consistent as they have been in recent years either and both have gone around the park a little in the matches they've played so I'm going to rule those two out as well given their form. That leaves Moin Ashraf who I must say has been extremely impressive when I've watched him this season and Rob Taylor. My money is going on the Leicestershire man as he's been the one who has consistently kept the runs down for his side so far in the T20. His economy rate stands at just over a run a ball which is good going especially when you consider he's had to bowl up at Old Trafford where Lancashire have been hitting the ball to all parts and he's been forced to bowl in reduced over matches where teams have been forced to just try and slog every ball so going at a run a ball is a good return and I'll back him to go well tonight and be the most economical out of the bowlers in this market.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Some absolutely disastrous batting by Leicestershire in the final 5 overs looks like it cost me and Kev there. The Sarwan run out in particular was shocking. At the change of innings it looked as though both of my bets would come through but frustratingly neither did which sets me back to -0.16. :wall

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 28 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Essex v Sussex (19:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.77 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.74 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 TV match preview: 4pts Sussex to beat Essex 8/11 Coral

Sussex look much the stronger side with the bat and the ball to me here and even though Essex have an excellent record on their own patch I think they will be beaten here. Essex have been lucky in one or two matches this season but that luck can run out here and Sussex’s added class and quality can shine through. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/essex-vs-sussex-betting--sussex-have-too-much-quality-for-essex-even-at-fortress-chelmsford

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Just a quick write-up for the TV match: Sussex to beat Essex 4/5 @ Betfair - Sussex are a very strong side and IMO will go far in this competition. Their batting line-up is top class and they have some destructive hitters in the likes of Wright and former Essex boy Styris. They comfortably beat Essex on Sunday at Hove and Essex did well to get within 20 runs of victory in the end. Their bowling also looks fairly strong with Liddle, Khan and Beer the stand-out bowlers and Wright and Yardy are also good bowlers. As Kev said Essex have been a bit lucky in this competition and all of their wins have been close games e.g. 3 runs, 6 runs and a win off the last ball against Surrey. Although Essex have arguably as many or even more big hitters than Sussex i feel that their bowling will let them down because IMO Sussex's bowling attack is better than that of Essex. Although it is very difficult for any side to win at Chelmsford, i think that Sussex will continue their unbeaten run and go four points clear at the top of the table. Top Sussex Batsman: Scott Styris 5/1 @ Bet Victor - Styris has an average of 45 for Sussex's first 3 games. He has scores of 36, 7* and 48. He is a big hitter so Chelmsford will definitely suit him. He may also have a slight edge over the other Sussex batsman in this market as he played here for Essex last season and will be pumped up for this one against his old team. Top Essex Batsman: James Foster 7/1 @ Stan James - This is a big price IMO for James Foster because he has been on fire with the bat lately. He has scores of 47, 51, 23, 13 and 0 which gives him a decent average of 27. However, he top scored for Essex against Sussex and in the 50 over match against Australia so he will be very confident ahead of tonight. He is also a big hitter for a small guy and smashed 47 off 20 against Sussex at Hove and hit 51 off 27 against Kent at Chelmsford so he certainly knows where the boundary is. 7/1 are big odds IMO so will take him here. GL all :ok

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Annoying night last night so down to +3.59 overall now. Seem to be on a up night then down night rotation at the minute. Hopefully it is another up night tonight. 5pts Over 10.5 6's Evs Stan James These two met at Hove on Sunday and there were almost 400 runs and 19 6's in total. Admittedly there was a short boundary there but all the boundaries are short at Chelmsford. We've had the womens match already on this pitch and the pitch looks to be playing superbly so I think we'll see a high scoring match here and one which should contain a lot of big hitting, particularly as it isn't 'must win' for either side. There are some serious hitters on show tonight and the bowling attacks aren't brilliant so I see no reason why we won't see a lot of sixes. We've got Pettini, Franklin, ten Doeschate, Napier who hit his world record 16 6's against this opponent on this ground a few years ago, Foster and Phillips who hit long balls for Essex while Sussex have Nash, Wright, Prior, Gatting, Machan and Scott Styris if he plays as he dislocated his thumb on Sunday, who all hit a long ball. There's no major pace in either bowling attack so both sides can play through the line and pin their ears back and swing for glory here. I expect to see at least 11 6's this evening. 1pt ew J.Foster Top Essex Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) James Foster top scored in that losing cause at Hove on Sunday afternoon and that wasn't his only top score in this competition either. He top scored on this ground against Kent too. He also came second on this ground against Surrey last week and is going really well in the tournament so far this season, so much so that he's been coming in at 4 or 5. Sussex have a few spinners in their side and Foster is a master of working them around and playing the sweeps to move the field and things. He's Essex's second top scorer in the tournament this season, seven runs behind James Franklin but I think he's an excellent each way bet this evening given the way he is playing.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Like Kev says, let's hope for an up night tonight and I'm taking 2 with the hope that Sussex win to help the outright. Sussex Highest 1st 6 Overs- 4/5 BetVictor- (4/10) I think Sussex deserve to be bigger favourites for this bet in all honesty. Both Luke Wright and Chris Nash have been in good form so far and both scored runs quickly against Essex when the two sides recently met down at Hove. Sussex comfortably won the 6 overs battle then, scoring 74 in their powerplay whilst Essex only made 41. Both Nash and Wright will go at the Essex bowlers early on and can afford to as there is plenty of batting to come after them. Mark Pettini and James Franklin have both needed a bit of time to settle down so far in most of their innings and they won't be quite as aggrressive as the Sussex openers I don't imagine. Pettini isn't anywhere near as attacking as the other 3 anyways which is a good thing for backing Sussex here. Luke Wright and Scott Styris who is likely to play tonight have also bowled pretty well from the start and it's never easy to get Styris away for too many anyway and come the end of the first 6, I expect Sussex to be on the bigger score. Amjad Khan Most Economical Bowler- 7/1 Stan James- (2/10) Only Tim Phillips, Chris Liddle, Graham Napier, Ryan ten Doeschate, Will Beer and Amjad Khan count in this market. I can't ignore the Sussex man here at these odds. No way am I going to consider backing a spinner down at Chelmsford as in any of their 4 overs, they are more than likely going to go for double figures which effectively rules them out so that rules Phillips and Beer out. I'm also not sure about Napier either as although he is sometimes terrific at the death, he's had the tendency to go around the park a bit and with his pace, if he gets it even slightly wrong, he's going to the boundary on this ground. That leaves 3 and although I really like both of the other guys concerned and they've both been in good form, I'm going to side with Khan. When the two sides met in the reverse fixture, out of the players involved, Khan was the most economical and if we look at his last couple of bowling figures in the tournament, he hasn't gone for very many at all. Luke Wright and Scott Styris opened the bowling with success up at Hove when the two sides met and I'd be surprised if Sussex changed that winning formula which would help Khan a bit as the field would be relaxed for the majority of the overs and at 7/1, I'm going to hope my luck changes with him tonight.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Oh for Heaven's sake. Was literally screaming inside for them to run on that final Napier ball which would have given Khan the full win. Had to scream it inside my head though as my old man is an Essex fan. :lol Pretty much a full house in here tonight though but still a tad disappointed only to get half the winnings with Khan. Nevertheless it's +9.20 tonight, which takes me to +9.04 for the tournament and Sussex look really good now for the outrights. Superb shouts by Kev, top work bud. :clap Let's hope this is where we really start to kick on in the tournament.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Just a few for me tonight: Leicestershire to beat Derbyshire 10/11 @ Stan James - Leicestershire have been poor in the t20 this season but they are starting to show signs of improvement in recent results and won the reverse fixture between these two sides at Grace Road. They ran Yorkshire very close in their last game and should have actually won that game. They have better players than Derbyshire IMO and have a better all-round team. Their top order looks solid and capable of big hitting with the likes of Josh Cobb, Sarwan, Boyce, Razzaq and others. Derbyshire on the other hand do not have any real stand out players and their batting line-up looks a bit short. Leicestershire have been a bit unlucky to only have 1 win from their 6 games but i will back them to get their second tonight. Essex to beat Hampshire 10/11 @ Stan James - I went against Essex last night but i'm going to back them to beat Hampshire tonight at Chelmsford. Hampshire will be without Michael Carberry who has been brilliant for them this season and the news that Shahid Afridi s unlikely to feature for them at all this season is a big blow. However, they still have a strong batting line-up with experienced players like Katich, Ervine, Vince, Mckenzie etc. and they have two key bowlers IMO in Dimitri Mascarenhas and Danny Briggs. Essex will be looking to bounce back from back to back defeats by Sussex and i think they will tonight with their long batting line-up and reliable seamers in Masters, Napier and Topley who impressed me last night and they also have good part-time bowlers in Ryan Ten Doeschate and Greg Smith. This will be a high scoring game between two teams with strong batting line-ups and i back Essex with the help of the 12th man crowd at Chelmsford to get back to winning ways tonight. Sussex to beat Kent 8/13 @ Stan James - Sussex really impressed me with their batting last night and although Chelmsford is a very small ground it is still not easy to chase down 180 odd at any ground. They have a very strong batting line-up and also have some good seamers in Liddle and Amjad Khan and have good all-rounders in Wright and Yardy who can do a job with the ball. IMO Sussex are now looking good at 6/1 to win the tournament outright. Kent are coming into this game off the back of two defeats against Hampshire and Middlesex and their batting has let them down so far this tournament and some of their young bowlers like Ball and Cole have been a bit expensive lately so i will take Sussex's top order batsman to exploit tht and will back Sussex to continue their unbeaten run. Good Luck to all who have a flutter :ok

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 29 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Somerset v Gloucestershire (17:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Worcestershire v Glamorgan (17:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Yorkshire v Lancashire (17:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Durham (18:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northamptonshire v Warwickshire (18:50 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Essex v Hampshire (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.06 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sussex v Kent (19:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derbyshire v Leicestershire (19:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.95 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Excellent night all round last night. +12.2pts for me personally puts me up to +15.79pts overall. Taking a few tonight but I'll split them across two posts as there's loads of different start times. 4pts Welsh Dragons to beat Worcestershire Evs Paddy Power These two sides come into this match in good shape to qualify but with Somerset and Warwickshire having points on the board both sides know they can't afford any immediate slip ups. Both can easily still qualify as they have enough games in hand to make up the ground, certainly on Warwickshire but they both need some momentum now for the second halves of their campaigns. Welsh Dragons have played well in their matches so far and deserve to have more wins on the board than they have but they ran into a monster of an innings against Somerset from James Hildreth and they've been frustrated by the rain around that. Worcestershire have struggled with the bat in their last couple of matches and were fortunate Northants have lost the ability to bat in their last match. Other than slogging a poor Gloucestershire side on a small boundary in their first match Worcestershire haven't had a lot to write home about and I wouldn't expect them to have here either. After the top three the batting runs out maybe with the exception of James Cameron who has his days but then until Sohail Tanvir arrives there's nothing to fear in their bowling attack either. Glamorgan as they were formerly known have a solid batting line up and a strong bowling attack and I think they'll kick start their campaign into real life with a win here. 4pts Lancashire to beat Yorkshire Evs Coral Roses clashes are always well anticipated and with both sides going well in the North Group this one is eagerly anticipated. Yorkshire come into the match top of the group after beating Leicestershire in a match they should have lost on Wednesday while Lancashire come in here off the back of that destruction of Durham on Monday night. What I like about Lancashire here is their bowling attack. We saw on Wednesday this isn't the best or the longest batting line up Yorkshire have and although Jonny Bairstow has been released to play there is still no Andrew Gale and there's no Ryan Sidebottom with the ball either. Yorkshire are decent enough with the ball but not in the Lancashire league where Glen Chapple is metronomically tight and the two spinners can strangle any side. We saw just how destructive the Lancashire top three can be on Monday night when they took a decent enough Durham attack to the absolute cleaners and I think with bat and ball Lancashire are the better side and expect them to show that this evening.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Just the two for me tonight as I can't pick a winner in lots of the matches. Glamorgan to beat Worcestershire- Evens Stan James- (3/10) I like the Glamorgan side a lot more than I do the Worcestershire ad I think there's a better balance amongst it. Worcestershire's bowling attack is pretty poor in truth and they need to score plenty of runs just to give them a decent chance of winning and recently they haven't been doing that. You have to imagine at least 2 out of Hughes, Solanki and Ali will have to make decent scores otherwise they will struggle as there's not too much quality batting after you get past the top 3. Glamorgan though have a pretty deep batting lineup, and plenty of craft in their bowling attack with their spin options especially who are wily enough to keep things tight. Their top 4 of Marsh, North, Allenby and van Jaarsveld are all extremely good in this format whilst even the likes of Wallace and Walters down the order give them plenty of depth. James Harris is one of the brightest talents in the English game right now with the ball to go with Croft and Cosker and all in all, I just think there's a lot more to this Glamorgan side than just the top 3 that Worcestershire possess and with no rain to hamper them today, I think the men from Wales will win this one. ​Derbyshire to beat Leicestershire- 11/10 William Hill- (3/10) This bet is more against the defending champions than anything else. Neither side has been in any sort of form in the tournament but from watching Leicestershire on TV the other day, their ability to close the game out from a commanding position just tells me that they are completely short of any confidence. In the dressing room they will know this tournament has been nothing short of a disaster in their attempts to defend their title and I'm not entirely sure how much motivation they will actually have coming into this one. Derbyshire have been equally poor in the tournament but I still can't be having them at odds against. They have some decent batsman in their top order in Durston, Khawaja and Madsen whilst Hughes, Whitely and Rana down the order can give the ball a bit of a spank. Their bowling attack is aggressive and quick, which is supported by the spin of David Wainwright who is a really good bowler so it's actually a little surprising they haven't managed to do a bit more in the tournament. They lost the reverse fixture up at Leicester in a reduced overs match but they were actually going really nicely at one stage before their middle order started to get pegged back. They will be at home today and this is realistically their last chance of giving their fans something to smile about you feel and 11/10 against a side who must be on a massive low right now, I'll take the risk with Derbyshire.