** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

NRL: Round 13 2012

North Qld -3.5 @ 2.05 centrebet The Titans have won their last two games and look to have turned the corner while the Cowboys were hampered by some poor refereeing which allowed the Tigers to edge them out. The Titans have a good pack of forwards and will be tested by the big men of the Cpwboys pack, and though Prince did well last week, he is up against the best half in the game, with Thurston looking to make up for their first round loss to the Titans. Add in Bowen coming into the line and the Cowboys look like a side that has too much firepower for them Manly -7.5 @ 2.05 centrebet Manly had won 4 straight before giving an uncharacteristically poor performance away to Penrith so expect them to bounce back at home, where they are usually hard to beat. The Dragons were lucky to beat Parramatta last week and they are not the same team of previous years. They lack the teamwork and precision they used to play with and like the Sea Eagles to win here, as they look like a more complete side than the Dragons. Record: 32-56 (-0.84)

Re: NRL: Round 13 2012 6pts Cowboys -2.5 @ 2.05 (Pinnacle) 2pts Cowboys 13+ @ 3.60 (Pinnacle) The Titans have done well to win the last two matches, but the Cowboys have looked really good this year. I'm still not convinced the Titans are up there with the likes of North Queensland though. I really like the Cowboys team this year. Tamou has been outstanding, and their outside backs have been good. I expect the Titans will be able to match it with the Cowboys in the forwards bate but when it comes down to execution, it is a brave man to bet against Thurston and Bowen getting the job done at these odds. 2pts Manly/Dragons - Under 35.5pts @ 1.855 (Pinnacle) I low line for a couple of well matched grinding teams in my opinion. The Dragons of 2012 haven't really turned on the fireworks yet, but they have used their structured defence to keep themselves in games. I initially wanted to take the line but I don't know if I can trust the Sea Eagles to go on with the job. They have had a tendency to take their foot off the gas this year, coming away with narrow wins when they were really the much better side.

Re: NRL: Round 13 2012 Saturday night at ANZ Stadium sees the game of the round between the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs, with both teams coming off impressive form. The Dogs are currently in 6th spot with a 7-5 record and a win in this game will set them up for a shot at the top four. The dogs are coming off a good win against the Roosters on Monday night and before that a win against an understrength Sharks team. Souths are sitting in 5th spot with a record of 7-4 and a win will most probably see them be in the top four at the end of the round. So as you can tell this is a vital game for both clubs and expect it to be a finals type atmosphere in front of a big crowd. To read more go to http://www.betzone.com.au/bulldogs-v-souths--rabbitohs-to-sneak-past-dogs

Re: NRL: Round 13 2012

North Qld -3.5 @ 2.05 :( Manly -7.5 @ 2.05 :D
Souths -3.5 @ 2.10 sportsbet Both teams are playing well but like the Rabbitohs here as they seem to be going that little bit better as their forwards have played well while the backs, with Inglis in particular, in very good form. Both sides have played well defensively, and will need to in the wet and slippery conditions, but with the Bulldogs having played Monday night, then the conditions may see them lose some of their edge in the second half. Souths with an extra three days rest may be that fresher in the end Record: 33-57 (-0.79)

Re: NRL: Round 13 2012 4pts Storm -4pts @ 1.962 (Pinnacle) 2pts Storm 13+ @ 3.25 (Pinnacle) I am fully aware that the Warriors have been one of the teams the Storm have struggled against during their past 5 or so years of dominance, but based on the form of both sides so far this year, I can't see how the Storm are only 4 point favourites. They have won all but one game this year, and in every one of those wins, they have covered this line. They are in red hot form and if they are beating teams like Brisbane by 24 points, I definitely see them getting a fairly comfortable win here. The Warriors on the other hand have been improving lately, proving they can match it with top sides at home, I just think that Melbourne are so far ahead of anyone else in this competition that a 4 point line is worth jumping on.

Re: NRL: Round 13 2012 3pts Brisbane 13+ @ 1.80 (Pinnacle) A huge line here but I think it is justified given the form of the Knights lately. I feel Brisbane have several gears to improve above what they have shown in the last couple of weeks, and with players like Hodges and Petero coming back into the side (who are International quality players), they will be able to easily see off one of the most out of form teams in the competition. While there is wet weather around, we saw last night that when there is a huge gulf in class between the sides, the weather won't make much difference in terms of the scoreline. I expect the Broncos to be highly motivated to get their season back on track after their results over the last month.