French Open 2012 Livescore Thread

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread Looking a great call from Psycho on Kuz. Radwanksa is wet flannel in grand slams. Bet free for me as well apart from Anderson dabble. Been a fairly trappy card in general this week imo, had no choice really but to stick to overs/unders market. Maybe it will open up as the tournament progresses.

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread Well, this was another shocking day in terms of throwing away matches. Ivanovic and Verdasco could have won their matches easily. Only 2/5 but managed to get decent + thanks to the big W by Kuznetsova

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread Still think this Mathieu match could go either way mate. I was gutted with Haas, but Wozniaki has cheered me up. Losing 5-2 in the second, took it to the tie break and won. My overs in on in that one! I imagine in true Wozniaki fashion she'll still end up losing.

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread Honestly start to think that Errani has bought this tournament. C'mon. Ivanovic, Kuznetsova and now also Kerber?!? Errani playing good alright but c'mon! Kerber lead by a break FOUR times in the 2nd set but did everyting to be broken back straight away. 2nd set point was a joke, she had a chance to win the point, deliberately played midcourt ball, so Errani can win the rally and save the setpoint. WTF?

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread Yeah credit to Errani, but don't get Kerber's tactics at all today. Playing moonball with Errani in particular baffled me and why she didn't move the Italian round the court more is a mystery. Break up at 4 different times in that second set and couldn't consolidate any. Really poor from the German. Also not the biggest fan of her constantly applauding Errani for her shot selection. Do it at the end of the match, not during. Really think that gives your opponent a psychological edge tbh.

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread Gotta say folks, I think Errani has been great in her matches. As good as I've ever seen her play, especially set one today where both were reasonably good. Both had big struggles on serve in the second which is no surprise really, common place for both. Kerber probably would have taken her out on fast surface, she's done well on clay this year though but Errani had that extra bit of nous on the dirt to get it done. Tactically very good - moon ball to the weaker wing and then dropshot. Also playing aggressive on short balls. Stosur couldnt have wished for a better draw tbf, but Errani could prove tougher than Cibulkova anyway who was crap.

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread What are the thoughts on Ferrer - Murray? Think Murray will relish the challenge and if he's get in that obdurate mindset then he's tough to beat. Although Ferrer has a winning record on clay against I think Murray is comfortable with the challenge he presents, especially over five sets. He'll just run Ferrer to a standstill.

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread Murray-Ferrer atm thinking either overs or Murray on the handicap. I THINK Ferrer will win, but the fact that he hasn't had any sort of challenge so far may hamper him. Murray should have chances tbh.

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread

Murray-Ferrer atm thinking either overs or Murray on the handicap. I THINK Ferrer will win' date=' but the fact that he hasn't had any sort of challenge so far may hamper him. Murray should have chances tbh.[/quote'] Just feel that Murray gets stressed and antsy when another player has the temerity to actually play positive against him and hit winners, whereas Ferrer will have trouble hitting through him like a Berdych or Del Potro and Murray will just love the cat and mouse element. Overs is a good shout because Ferrer probably start off like a house on fire and Murray could look a bit out of his depth early on.

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread Yeah the overs is at 38.5/39.5 atm, which doesn't look that high. Could get covered quite comfortably in 4 sets you feel. Don't anticipate either guy doing this in 3 or an easy 4. Astonishing to think Murray hasn't played his vintage 5 set match either yet so tomorrow might be the day. With regards to the other quarter final, I'm thinking the overs might be my biggest bet of the tournament so far. Almagro playing really well atm, serve is effective and should push Nadal for a while. One tight set could bring the overs in with ease. Any thoughts?

Re: French Open 2012 Livescore Thread Think Ferrer beats Murray tbh, but odds look too short for me. You'd expect some tight sets but Murray will have to start alot better as Ferrer wont let him away with what Nieminen and Gasquet did. Would be a good scalp for Murray if he gets the win, Ferrer is one tough mofo on clay.