Premier League Darts - Finals night

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 17 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Whitlock, S v Hamilton, A (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.82 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Taylor, P v Wade, J (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League Darts - Finals night Even though Taylor has won every League part of the PL of Darts so far, he has failed to go on to complete the overall victory in 2 of the last 3 years. That said, I can't see past him emerging triumphant from the O2 tonight. I'm not interested in taking him to beat Wade or to win overall though, not an odds-on punter. Hamilton took 3pts off Whitlock during the league stage - a 7-7 draw and an 8-4 victory - so it would seem the value lies with him at 7/4 to beat the Aussie again. As I can't see him then going on to beat Taylor in the Final, however, the bet I am going to take for the night is Taylor - Hamilton (straight forecast) 6pts @ 11/4 Coral Good luck if you have a punt :cheers

Re: Premier League Darts - Finals night Final week then of what's been an enthralling PL season. I'm on +19.11pts heading into it, as well as being on Whitlock to win the trophy tonight at 15/2. Also have the 180 outrights with Whitlock and Lewis still but I'm expecting Taylor to actually overtake Lewis as he's only 6 behind at the minute but we'll see. Obviously hope Whitlock can produce something special and defeat his demons when he plays Hamilton and then probably Taylor if he makes it past the Hammer. I'm taking 2 others tonight as there's not too much that jumps out to me. Phil Taylor (-3.5 legs) to beat James Wade- 5/6 BlueSquare- (3/10) I'd be hugely surprised if Taylor wasn't in the final come the end of the semi finals and I expect him to beat Wade in similar fashion to the 2 matches in the league. Taylor dropped just 3 legs in the 2 matches he played against James Wade and given the recent results between the 2 guys, it's hard to see Wade really pushing Taylor here. The Power was in superb form in the league stages which put his critics in their place with him only failing to hit the 3 figure average mark in 2 matches which is a superb showing from Taylor. James Wade just about managed to secure a top 4 place with a draw over Barney in the final league match which in truth he did well to hold off the challenge from the Dutchman. I fear for him tonight though as Taylor has been much the better player of the two in the league. Sure the previous 14 weeks don't count for anything, but it's hard to look past Taylor over the best of 15 format. He has been scoring well and he should be a class above Wade in this one for me and I don't expect him to concede any more than 4 legs tonight. Michael van Gerwen (-1.5 legs) to beat James Hubbard- 4/5 BlueSquare- (3/10) Like the look of the young Dutchman in the youth final tonight. He'll be trying to make up for last year's result in the final, which saw him lose out to Arron Monk and I think he's a good bet to do just that. In the past 12 months, van Gerwen has continued to impress and has firmly established himself on the main tour. Already this year, he has hit the heights of 108 and 104 averages against Dave Chisnall and Colin Lloyd and that win over Chisnall saw the Dutchman win a UK Open event which shows just how good he is despite his young age. We saw James Hubbard at the Grand Slam last year where he played Phil Taylor which will have been a huge learning curve for the youngster. He has already qualified for the UK Open in Bolton next month which shows the talent he has and over the next few years I'm sure he'll continue to improve as a player. I do feel van Gerwen will have too much for him tonight though as if the Dutchman gets going, it's hard to see Hubbard scoring well enough to stay close. Van Gerwen has shown he can dominate some of the experienced players on the tour in the past few televised events and I think he'll be more at home on the big stage in front of the cameras. It's a pretty short format for the youngsters and providing van Gerwen scores well, I think he'll win this tonight, covering the handicap in the process.

Re: Premier League Darts - Finals night Shame Whitlock couldn't hit that D16 for the 149 checkout. If he had, think he might have beaten Taylor there but too many missed doubles early on cost him. Ironic that those were Taylor's worst couple of performances in the entire tournament but were the ones to win him the trophy. Still feel it's only really Adrian Lewis that is capable of beating him at present. Thankfully the Power didn't hit enough maximums to overtake Lewis on that front which makes up for a couple of losses on the match bets. Really impressive stuff from young James Hubbard who dominated van Gerwen which I really didn't see happening. Overall from the tournament with all the outrights settled, it gives me +21.11pts which looked unlikely at one point so I'll take that. Excellent stuff from Kev as always and I imagine he came out with an even better return from the tournament :clap Some good shouts as well from Samba on the correct scores and all in all, it looks as though it was another profitable tournament for the darts forums. Let's hope that continues next month in Bolton for the UK Open :cheers