** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

A Punters Lounge glory hunt

Hey, Firstly would just like to say thanks to Paul for helping me earlier. Would also like to suggest a massive glory hunt for all members to take part. For example the following: - Everyone who wants to participate will send Paul £10. - If 50 members want to take part that would mean our starting pot is £500. - Bets will be placed by Paul or whoever handles the money on his/her chosen bookie. - Bets placed will be decided by a vote/poll here on the forum by the people who take part. - Either the full starting pot is staked on each bet or 50%. - Winnings (if any) can either be sent to charity on a % basis and sent back to forum members. Put in for prize money for other tournaments, or even put to use here at the punters lounge. Obviously that's an example and can work differently, was just a suggestion - could bring the members together if we're all hoping for the same bets to come through! :cheers

Re: A Punters Lounge glory hunt I'm sure people would be willing to help out regarding the admin of it, keeping people up to date and setting up the polls etc. Of course a mod would be the one handling the money side of things. It might be a long shot but if you're close enough to a bookie they might even be willing to arrange something if it was for charity.

Re: A Punters Lounge glory hunt I see a couple of problems with this. 1. arguments regarding the bet. OK if its a poll and all agree to go with the poll then fine but people will still be unhappy. 2. Which charity would you choose. 3. Getting the bets on. If in theory you want to make money from this and it becomes succesful then the person putting the bets on may get restricted. Not fair on that individual in the future. My suggestion would be 10% of all winnings goes to charity the rest back in the pot. Any member can come out of the pot at any time requesting their % back + any winnings. Others could join as long as they contribute towards the pot. Would need to work out %. Would it work. I doubt it but I will help out if required.

Re: A Punters Lounge glory hunt

I see a couple of problems with this. 1. arguments regarding the bet. OK if its a poll and all agree to go with the poll then fine but people will still be unhappy. 2. Which charity would you choose. 3. Getting the bets on. If in theory you want to make money from this and it becomes succesful then the person putting the bets on may get restricted. Not fair on that individual in the future. My suggestion would be 10% of all winnings goes to charity the rest back in the pot. Any member can come out of the pot at any time requesting their % back + any winnings. Others could join as long as they contribute towards the pot. Would need to work out %. Would it work. I doubt it but I will help out if required.
1. Everyone who puts money in will agree to the poll idea (or any other idea) or they shouldn't put any money in the pot. 2. We could do a poll to decide on a charity. 3. Sorry i'm not sure what you mean do you mean time consuming for the person doing the bets? I was thinking of maybe one bet per week, all in or a percentage of the pot.

• 1 month later...

Re: A Punters Lounge glory hunt Hi, I'm new to posting as I normally only browse, but I'm happy to contribute and become involved. One bet a week is probably enough as long as everyone knows a particular day on which the bet is being placed and when the poll/method of selection for the bet is to be decided by.

Hi' date=' I'm new to posting as I normally only browse, but I'm happy to contribute and become involved. One bet a week is probably enough as long as everyone knows a particular day on which the bet is being placed and when the poll/method of selection for the bet is to be decided by.[/quote'] :welcome to PL yatesy, look forward to your posts. :ok

This sounds like a good idea in principle and one I'd be willing to chip in to as it could be fun during the course of the season.... I think possibly the main issue would be participation levels as it may be quite easy to get people to commit at this early stage but I would envisage a large amount of participants dropping out during the course of the season, or Month (depending on how long we agree it running for) .... And participants just disappearing will be an issue, which is where things could become difficult as we'd end up with a pot Of money where xx amount wasn't attributable to any one person. You could of course argue that where cash is involved participants may be more motivated to remain involved, but I don't think 10 quid is a vast sum of money so I believe that it would take a lot of motivating to get people involved all season long, and keep people involved weekly. Keep them participating in polls etc, week in week out. That is where the next issue would lie - admin, as others have mentioned, would be huge, Because its not just the organisation that would be a major factor, but the motivation, and advertising. The you have the fact real money is involved, the responsibility and record keeping of who had contributed what, and when would also require a lot of extra work. I'm happy as a mod to get involved, but I can't see this personally lasting very long as I think a lot of members would come and go, and drop out without warning during the course of the hunt, and motivating people to participate weekly would be difficult. Because its over the Internet there isn't the same sense of reality that there would be if you were doing this amongst your work colleagues or something.

This sounds like a good idea in principle and one I'd be willing to chip in to as it could be fun during the course of the season.... I think possibly the main issue would be participation levels as it may be quite easy to get people to commit at this early stage but I would envisage a large amount of participants dropping out during the course of the season, or Month (depending on how long we agree it running for) .... And participants just disappearing will be an issue, which is where things could become difficult as we'd end up with a pot Of money where xx amount wasn't attributable to any one person. You could of course argue that where cash is involved participants may be more motivated to remain involved, but I don't think 10 quid is a vast sum of money so I believe that it would take a lot of motivating to get people involved all season long, and keep people involved weekly. Keep them participating in polls etc, week in week out. That is where the next issue would lie - admin, as others have mentioned, would be huge, Because its not just the organisation that would be a major factor, but the motivation, and advertising. The you have the fact real money is involved, the responsibility and record keeping of who had contributed what, and when would also require a lot of extra work. I'm happy as a mod to get involved, but I can't see this personally lasting very long as I think a lot of members would come and go, and drop out without warning during the course of the hunt, and motivating people to participate weekly would be difficult. Because its over the Internet there isn't the same sense of reality that there would be if you were doing this amongst your work colleagues or something.
I would be interested in this also....... to keep people involved maybe we could put a few rules in place one i could think of is..... no dropping out until the hunt as ended or maybe set specific targets to reach then people can decide whether or not they want to take the money and run or carry on......