Preparing for the flat?

Martin

Re: Preparing for the flat? i'll be picking the cheltenham winners! dificult to start on the flat with aintree / punchestown in the way also. Normally have a punt early at donny & then get into it in May when the form settles down. someone once told me that you should never have a bet until royal ascot as the form is unknown. There will be certain trainers who are worth following & i am sure any posts will be welcome.

Re: Preparing for the flat? Martin, What I normally do is wait for the guides to come out. Think they're normally out round Cheltenham time. Racing Post will have loads of Stable Tours. Suppose you could watch some of the better all-weather action. The Craven meeting at Newmarket always seems worth a close look especially the handicaps. Think that the stable tours & guides are a help but the important thing I reckon is that when it starts to watch as much as you can. All the best, Khartoum.

Re: Preparing for the flat? I like to hold back on the start of the flat to be honest. Think this was shown at the start of last year when one of the 1st races was won by a 50\1 shot. Will give it a few weeks to calm down. Will be doing a bit of research to find out which trainers do well at the start of the season as I am sure there could be some value to be had and maybe a few big price winners.